Who would you drop?

If you had the power to to leave one player out for next game who would it be?

• Montoya

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Hopoate

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Lichaa

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Elliott

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Marshall-King

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Fualalo

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Eastwood

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can’t say drop because he’s injured but we haven’t missed anything with Tolman being out if anything the defence has looked better in the games he’s missed. Hopefully a team is still keen to take him and free up some salary cap space.
Tolman should be watching footage of Jai Arrow and trying to replicate him.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So ur dropping mbye one of our best over opening rounds, ran over 200 metres and klemmer who also ran over 200 metres with 20 odd hitups and nearly 30 tackles.......
Sit back on the lounge!
Just to change attitudes of underperforming players .....
Smart man....
Yep. The mission is to change attitudes not deputise somebody that wont make much of a difference.

Cleary and the Tigers are proof its all about attitude and you think dropping players that wont affect the side much is the answer?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tolman should be watching footage of Jai Arrow and trying to replicate him.
Is he even physically capable of playing like that? He’s never shown aggression or sting in defence like that. We are desperate for cap space and we haven’t missed him while he’s been out.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i say lichaa even if he is the best hooker available, just to remove his body language

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is he even physically capable of playing like that? He’s never shown aggression or sting in defence like that. We are desperate for cap space and we haven’t missed him while he’s been out.
Probably not, but that has always been my issue with Tolman. He is a small forward but doesn't move like a small forward or have the skillset required to be effective enough. Some one like Arrow uses his size and fitness extremely well. But yh, we aren't missing Tolman. He just isn't the ideal forward in todays game. Bloke should probably just bulk up and add some power to his game if he wants to keep playing NRL footy.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep. The mission is to change attitudes not deputise somebody that wont make much of a difference.

Cleary and the Tigers are proof its all about attitude and you think dropping players that wont affect the side much is the answer?
Cleary dropped under performing players not one that were performing to scare the under performing ones lol

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think its a matter of who can we get before we drop anyone
We should be on a look out for players who were on decent coin before and now have either lost that contract or are in reserve grade

i would start with props
Suaia Matagi
Sue from Tigers
Kyle turner playing in reserve grade for south ( injury probe but good player )
Two hard running no sense props who runs off the back fence

then go for outside backs like
Aaron Gray
Josh Hoffman maybe
others who have decent speed but cant crack it to first grade again for some reason

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Montoya, Hopoate and Licha are under performing consistently. Players to replace them are Holland or Brown and as far as I can see that’s about it for our depth.
Holland warrants bringing in to the starting side and Brown for the bench with Montoya back to Reggie’s. I don’t believe there is much between Holland and Montoya except that Holland has and can play multiple positions. Montoya is a one trick pony on the wing and doesn’t offer cover for other positions. We can whinge about the forward options on the bench but there is not much between them all.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

Who did Cleary drop? They all got off the bus and signed elsewhere.....

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Why is everybody so down on Danny Fualalo? He obviously isn't Jason Taumalolo but he averages 23 tackles and over 90 metres a game coming off the bench. And he gets great post contact metres

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cleary dropped under performing players not one that were performing to scare the under performing ones lol
He didn't drop anyone... He chose the team he thought trained the best over the preseason.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So ur dropping mbye one of our best over opening rounds, ran over 200 metres and klemmer who also ran over 200 metres with 20 odd hitups and nearly 30 tackles.......
Sit back on the lounge!
Just to change attitudes of underperforming players .....
Smart man....
I don't care what they do or did... Its a matter of bringing the team, the whole team accountable. Dropping "quality" players ensures everyone must step up, its a culture and attitude change when we need it most. I know it sounds crazy but if they don't bounce back from that lethargic 1d performance then this club has some real issues on its hands.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why is everybody so down on Danny Fualalo? He obviously isn't Jason Taumalolo but he averages 23 tackles and over 90 metres a game coming off the bench. And he gets great post contact metres
Probably because he was the new Tolman the other night.. he was the settler, the one to hit points and the one the game plan just screwed over.

Give it to Fualalo plan needs to go asap!

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You can’t say drop because he’s injured but we haven’t missed anything with Tolman being out if anything the defence has looked better in the games he’s missed. Hopefully a team is still keen to take him and free up some salary cap space.
When does he come back form injury?? Tell me its before June 30...

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't care what they do or did... Its a matter of bringing the team, the whole team accountable. Dropping "quality" players ensures everyone must step up, its a culture and attitude change when we need it most. I know it sounds crazy but if they don't bounce back from that lethargic 1d performance then this club has some real issues on its hands.
Things like this always get articles and books written about them as how a club imploded. Cooked son cooked

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
I think its a matter of who can we get before we drop anyone
We should be on a look out for players who were on decent coin before and now have either lost that contract or are in reserve grade

i would start with props
Suaia Matagi
Sue from Tigers
Kyle turner playing in reserve grade for south ( injury probe but good player )
Two hard running no sense props who runs off the back fence

then go for outside backs like
Aaron Gray
Josh Hoffman maybe
others who have decent speed but cant crack it to first grade again for some reason
A fit and healthy Kyle Turner is still fucking shit, can't believe you rate the guy. Agree with Sue, he is a great player who can play prop, backrow and lock.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Things like this always get articles and books written about them as how a club imploded. Cooked son cooked
We are driving with the handbrake up... Since we cant buy players nor shift the team around because everyone is just as shit as everyone else what do you propose mate??

I'm looking at this prob from a mental point of view because it seems to be our only way out of this rut which will continue and continue for many years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.