Who would you drop?

If you had the power to to leave one player out for next game who would it be?

• Montoya

Votes: 13 15.9%
  • Hopoate

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Lichaa

Votes: 42 51.2%
  • Elliott

Votes: 16 19.5%
  • Marshall-King

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Fualalo

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Eastwood

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Holland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Someone else

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoggieDogg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
A fit and healthy Kyle Turner is still fucking shit, can't believe you rate the guy. Agree with Sue, he is a great player who can play prop, backrow and lock.
Mate i dont rate no one
I am not a judge on any player cuz i aint better than any of the one playing

Like everyone else i am frustrated to see beloved dogs doing the same thing over and over again .
I think getting some new blood in with no more old ways will help

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far pay have dropped tualau, brown and frawley. Eastwood and fine had been dropped and reinstated.
Imo the outcomes from dropping more players will be:
- players will be too scared to play whats in front of them. Their focus will be to stick to the structures and not to make mistakes. Diff approach but same result as when des was the coach.
- if pay keeps on dropping players, at some stage the playing group will start to think that he has no idea and ignore his instructions altogether.

Im pretty sure there are many here that have ppl management skills/experience that can correct me if this is not right.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
So far pay have dropped tualau, brown and frawley. Eastwood and fine had been dropped and reinstated.
Imo the outcomes from dropping more players will be:
- players will be too scared to play whats in front of them. Their focus will be to stick to the structures and not to make mistakes. Diff approach but same result as when des was the coach.
- if pay keeps on dropping players, at some stage the playing group will start to think that he has no idea and ignore his instructions altogether.

Im pretty sure there are many here that have ppl management skills/experience that can correct me if this is not right.
I agree that Pay can't make wholesale changes or drop & promote players willy nilly.
But he has to get Lichaa out of 9.
He is killing the team.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Because of the state the previous coach left us in, we cant go on a spending spree as the funds are just not there.
So what is the point of dropping anyone if there is no better alternative?
There are a few tweaks that can be made, and I am sure Pay will be looking at them.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Need more impact on the bench. Hopoate and Montoya should be given another week to perform, otherwise both could find themselves in NSW Cup.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lichaa is el President e.
Wins a majority in the first round.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
There needed to be a nobody option in the poll. Id rather give the current group time to gel. Changing up major positions often isnt going to help things this year. We already will have forced players out for origin shortly. Jackson and Klemmer are likely, and possibly Woods. Nobody we have in reserves is bashing down the door to be in FG.

No doubt if someone like a Lewis got a start, and if he didnt murder it within a few weeks, he would be widely flamed in here, and be a shit **** in no time. I realise its been 14 years since we won the comp, but some people's expectations are ridiculous considering where we are at. Some people here need to HTFU and pull their heads out of their asses. Be realistic.

And if you dont like the playing group Des built, why is it fair to flame Pay and the new board and club for it? They had no say in it. It is what it is in 2018. I expect a lot more next season.

People complain here about young talent leaving, but have unreasonable expectations when we give one of them a go, in an unreasonably short timeframe. JMK is an example. I mean FFS hes a rookie with half a dozen FG games. Chill the fuck out ppl. Encourage the new players not death ride them. Even Ben Barba sucked for a while despite always having the speed and step. For his early career his awful defence let in more tries than he scored. For some unknown reason people here talk about JMK like hes been in FG for years and is just shit. He hasnt been given a fair go here at all imo. Neither has Pay.

Im sure when it becomes possible, if players need replacing they will be replaced. Pay and the club have no means to do much at least during this season thanks to the Des.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
There needed to be a nobody option in the poll. Id rather give the current group time to gel. Changing up major positions often isnt going to help things this year. We already will have forced players out for origin shortly. Jackson and Klemmer are likely, and possibly Woods. Nobody we have in reserves is bashing down the door to be in FG.

No doubt if someone like a Lewis got a start, and if he didnt murder it within a few weeks, he would be widely flamed in here, and be a shit **** in no time. I realise its been 14 years since we won the comp, but some people's expectations are ridiculous considering where we are at. Some people here need to HTFU and pull their heads out of their asses. Be realistic.

And if you dont like the playing group Des built, why is it fair to flame Pay and the new board and club for it? They had no say in it. It is what it is in 2018. I expect a lot more next season.

People complain here about young talent leaving, but have unreasonable expectations when we give one of them a go, in an unreasonably short timeframe. JMK is an example. I mean FFS hes a rookie with half a dozen FG games. Chill the fuck out ppl. Encourage the new players not death ride them. Even Ben Barba sucked for a while despite always having the speed and step. For his early career his awful defence let in more tries than he scored. For some unknown reason people here talk about JMK like hes been in FG for years and is just shit. He hasnt been given a fair go here at all imo. Neither has Pay.

Im sure when it becomes possible, if players need replacing they will be replaced. Pay and the club have no means to do much at least during this season thanks to the Des.
Fair comment.
But doesn't apply to Lichaa does it.
He had 3 seasons.
Was out the door, only to somehow be let back in by the new coach.
Never been a fan because he can't even pass the fucking ball.

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fair comment.
But doesn't apply to Lichaa does it.
He had 3 seasons.
Was out the door, only to somehow be let back in by the new coach.
Never been a fan because he can't even pass the fucking ball.
Who do you replace him with? Not seeing anyone that can go the 80 min... if only we kept cook...

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
JMK or Brown.
JMK may not be a bad option, he is defintely a stronger defender than Lichaa and I don’t think he could be any worse with his service. Problem is we would have to bring rocks or diamonds Frawley back, together with his turnstile defence.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK may not be a bad option, he is defintely a stronger defender than Lichaa and I don’t think he could be any worse with his service. Problem is we would have to bring rocks or diamonds Frawley back, together with his turnstile defence.
Yes we have an unfortunate truth.
Being there doesn't appear to be anyone else and maybe who is playing 1st.grade now is the best of a very average bunch.

But Lichaa!!.....he was ok in rounds 1 & 2 but we got flogged as the team's defence was off. But since then he has been terrible. Even play Brown to start with Lichaa on the bench to see how the DH service goes or JMK at 9 & Brown at 6 something!

I guess we are all starting to realise this squad with a rookie coach was always going to be a huge challenge this season. But I don't think Pay is getting the best out of the team either.

Born&BredABulldog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'd drop it get rid of 70% of the team

Lichaa
Tolman
Faulalo
Hoppa
Montoya
Elliott
Fine
Brown
Taulau

Others haven't even played first grade this year but that they would free up salary cap to get real professional, talented quality in not these wannabe no hopers that other clubs wouldn't consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.