Opinion Who else thinks the Bulldogs are a top8 team for 2021?

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your all negative people ,I know we been rubbish as of late but common ,were the bulldogs ,were not gna tolerate another year missing the 8 ,so we as supporters should in our own right expect anything less than top 8 ,keep your standards high and the team will follow
You're setting yourself up for disappointment! :tearsofjoy:

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our squad right now will struggle to make the finals. If lots of things go right, of course we can do it, but it's a very long shot.

Flanagan and Cotric should between them bring better organisation, kicking, speed and penetration, but I don't think our forwards are ready to dominate many other teams. Hetherington could be great for us there if he just plays his best tough footy at all times, but he's always a step away from doing something stupid and another suspension.

Having Tolman out of the way, big toiler that he was, is a big plus IMO. He worked hard, but someone who's consistently talked about as the 'heart and soul of the team', should not be someone who wouldn't make first grade anywhere else. Trent Barrett however doesn't seem the type to be interested in mediocrity, nor to be making excuses for it, so that's a big plus.

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Flanagan is a major coup.

Looking forward to watching Flanagan develop along with Averillo(be it at 1 or 6)

Cotric is just another big money disaster like DWZ. 2 wingers at a total of over $1.2m is absolutely mind boggling.

Hopefully we nail Burton and a couple of dynamic props who possess footwork, an offload, explosiveness and intimidation

TPJ was offside with the Broncos, though i havent heard anything of late. TPJ is exactly the type of prop we need

Burton
TPJ
Sitili Tupouniua

As for 2021, we will be hovering around the bottom of the table

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh for sure i think we are top 8. Currently bottom half of the 8. Get a good hooker as well, anything is possible.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Flanagan is a major coup.

Looking forward to watching Flanagan develop along with Averillo(be it at 1 or 6)

Cotric is just another big money disaster like DWZ. 2 wingers at a total of over $1.2m is absolutely mind boggling.

Hopefully we nail Burton and a couple of dynamic props who possess footwork, an offload, explosiveness and intimidation

TPJ was offside with the Broncos, though i havent heard anything of late. TPJ is exactly the type of prop we need

Burton
TPJ
Sitili Tupouniua

As for 2021, we will be hovering around the bottom of the table
i disagree, a halves paring of Burton/Flanno, fullback Averillo, hooker TBD ( JMK ). we cant win but i think adding 2 quality players in key positions plus Cotric in the centres for strike, Hetherinton up front, it is a huge upgrade.
Add a quality hooker and we are definately top 8 chance.
as with all teams we need some juniors or fringe players like Waddell, Schoup, Topine to step up to another level and we have something to work with.
Add a first quality coaching staff and it is all positive

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Probably not but it would be good. Roosters South’s GF next year should be boring though

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
as long as we are away from the wooden spoon battle, i'll be happy

Cartel

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
i disagree, a halves paring of Burton/Flanno, fullback Averillo, hooker TBD ( JMK ). we cant win but i think adding 2 quality players in key positions plus Cotric in the centres for strike, Hetherinton up front, it is a huge upgrade.
Add a quality hooker and we are definately top 8 chance.
as with all teams we need some juniors or fringe players like Waddell, Schoup, Topine to step up to another level and we have something to work with.
Add a first quality coaching staff and it is all positive
Averillo, Burton, Flano would be terrific - no doubt.

I would love to see it.

Problem is these pups are very young and peoples expectations are way too high.

Broncos went through the same thing this year. Terrific young guns but not enough experience and composure.

These kids are young and talented, though they are not yet seasoned physically and mentally for the weekly NRL grind. It will take a couple of years for them to hopefully crack the consistency required for the weekly grind.

Cotric is a winger and is just another Josh Mansour/Sam Perrett type winger. Stockie nugget, with an erratic running style and shit under the high ball. He does not possess any attributes of a modern NRL centre whatsoever. We will see what happens.

Dont see anything special about Hetherington other than building up a nice record with the NRL judiciary. When it comes to these "hard **** bad boys", i would much prefer a prop like TPJ, as he does provide alot of punch through the middle....

Not sure who the fullback will be, though our wingers and centres are slow as fuck again next year. With a lack of speed in your backline you do not posses any danger in attack whatsoever.

Flano is a great signing, adding Burton would be huge and adding a good hooker would be the icing on the cake.

The 600k spent on Cotric as an "experimental centre" is just dumb considering he is not a centre as well as having DWZ on dumb money and another slow centre in Hopoate. The money on these 3 blokes could land you 2 actual centres and a winger.

People waving their cocks around with this Cotric signing not realizing that we once again have one of the slowests and bog average attacking backline in the comp.

Take a leaf out of the Storm and Roosters backline handbook. Speed and power baby

Last edited:

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score

I would love to see it.

Broncos went through the same thing this year. Terrific young guns but not enough experience and composure.

These kids are young and talented, though they are not yet seasoned physically and mentally for the weekly NRL grind. It will take a couple of years for them to hopefully crack the consistency required for the weekly grind.

Cotric is a winger and is just another Josh Mansour/Sam Perrett type winger. Stockie nugget, with an erratic running style and shit under the high ball. He does not possess any attributes of a modern NRL centre whatsoever. We will see what happens.

Dont see anything special about Hetherington other than building up a nice record with the NRL judiciary. When it comes to these "hard c*** bad boys", i would much prefer a prop like TPJ, as he does provide alot of punch through the middle....

Not sure who the fullback will be, though our wingers and centres are slow as fuck again next year. With a lack of speed in your backline you do not posses any danger in attack whatsoever.

Flano is a great signing, adding Burton would be huge and adding a good hooker would be the icing on the cake.

The 600k spent on Cotric as an "experimental centre" is just dumb considering he is not a centre as well as having DWZ on dumb money and another slow centre in Hopoate. The money on these 3 blokes could land you 2 actual centres and a winger.

People waving their cocks around with this Cotric signing not realizing that we once again have one of the slowests and bog average attacking backline in the comp.

Take a leaf out of the Storm and Roosters backline handbook. Speed and power baby
I tend to agree with all of that and i wish we had scouts as good as the storm.

When you look back through the years, the Storm have always nailed the recruitement with outside backs

BondiBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would love to see it.

Dont see anything special about Hetherington other than building up a nice record with the NRL judiciary. When it comes to these "hard c*** bad boys", i would much prefer a prop like TPJ, as he does provide alot of punch through the middle....

This is a pretty bleak point of view but unfortunately, a pretty accurate one in my book.
Just want to go on record and say Roosters will not be in the GF next year as some posters are predicting not that it has any bearing on the Dogs.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Panthers done a boot camp army sort of training drills in pre season, probably why they were so fit this season. Hopefully baz does similar with our squad

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I feel we may miss a bit of defensive glue and starch in the middle. It may be where Tolmans axing comes back to bite us.

I foresee more wins but I also foresee bigger spankings and who knows what effect that will have on the guys.

also our spine is relatively unchanged in terms of quality. As is. We lack a big fish. Just one.
Flanagan is a good purchase imo. Lots of potential, i think he’ll add a lot to our team. And hes a good goal kicker

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don’t see it yet. Still short a bunch of players. No matter who plays in the halves or hooker we ain’t scaring nobody with a backline of meaney,dwz,smith,floppa and cotric. We just need some more quality.

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Don’t think we can make top 8. You all need to remember will be a big transitional season. New signings, new coach, style and board. Will be exciting to watch though

BulldogYeezus

Waterboy
Reaction score
Don’t think we can make top 8. You all need to remember will be a big transitional season. New signings, new coach, style and board. Will be exciting to watch though
100% agree with you my bro. However, if we nail a couple more signing for 2021 (e.g. JAC + Burton) we could squeeze into 8th.
Will be an exciting season nevertheless.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hooker + another front rower in the Hetherington mould and get rid of the big FAIL Napa!!! what a useless lump of pelican shit!! :rage: :rage: :rage: