Opinion Who else thinks the Bulldogs are a top8 team for 2021?

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will depend on a few things.

1. Whether we can get some more skill in the team. That is, more signings like Burton, 9 and another outside back.
2. How quickly players can adjust to a new concept of footy.

The first is necessary as the team requires a bit more of an injection of pure skill. Flanagan + Cotric + new concept alone wont make us top 8.

The latter, could take some time as these blokes have been playing with the blinkers on since des days. Any change takes some time to adjust.

Might be a bit like titans this year.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I still think we need Burton, a hooker and one more quality outside back (not necessarily JAC or Crichton) + Barrett to develop the core group. Then I'd have a lot more confidence for a top 8 finish.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I got them somewhere around 13th.
Still need a hooker

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A half decent goal kicker we would have won more games also there is always ifs and buts this year will be no different just have to wait and see

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There is too many variables with the team - board members, coach, players etc. Im hoping for top 8 next year

ATT

Kennel Established
Reaction score
My opionion
We need a big meter prop. To start and one on the bench. Burton type at 5/8 as Flano is a organiser not runner. Select some big fast outside backs. With aggression and yes top eight is possible. Without that we will miss out again. But improve non the less

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Top 6 if we land Burton.

Especially with a hooker or if Baz's Wakeham at 9 experiment works.

I know it's ultra optimistic but I haven't been optimistic since 2015.
Where does the Wakeham at 9 comment come from? Has Baz talked about it?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Where does the Wakeham at 9 comment come from? Has Baz talked about it?
Someone on here said they were mates with Wakeham and he said Barrett planned to develop him into a 9. I'd take it with a grain of salt. I personally don't see it from the outside (he's a 7 only) so need something officially from Barrett or Wakeham.

Dogs79

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’ll reserve decision until I see the remaining signings, but the current squad are capable of more than they showed in 2020. I’m confident of attacking improvements under Baz, and defensive efforts were there all year and the boys did play for each other. Signings aside, I think we needed more leg speed and we’ve improved a little In that area with latest signings and we will also need to improve fitness. Maybe it’s just me but we always looked gased and just hanging on. We need to be fitter to compete for longer and with that fitness, we minimise the fatigue errors in both attack and defence. Now if the next few signings include Burton and more improved players in the areas we all know, then yes, top 8 finish for sure.

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sorry mate everything good you said was lost on me when you said "Lewis as a RUNNING five eight"....LMAO
You can't create a runner from a plodder. Will be the slowest running 5/8 since Garry Hughes. Except Garry was not a running 5/8 but rather a schemer.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So who misses out ?
One would think that in no particular order the following teams will make the 8

Storm
Penrith
Raiders
Roosters
Eels
Souths

Then competing for the last 2 spots
Manly
Cronulla
NZ
Dogs

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
So who misses out ?
One would think that in no particular order the following teams will make the 8

Storm
Penrith
Raiders
Roosters
Eels
Souths

Then competing for the last 2 spots
Manly
Cronulla
NZ
Dogs
I think the Titans will be in the 8 too.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As long as we dont have another scandal or major injuries we are a chance.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
I feel we may miss a bit of defensive glue and starch in the middle. It may be where Tolmans axing comes back to bite us.

I foresee more wins but I also foresee bigger spankings and who knows what effect that will have on the guys.

also our spine is relatively unchanged in terms of quality. As is. We lack a big fish. Just one.

2ndphase

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Call me blue eyed, but Thomson, Jackson, Elliot, RFM, Ogden, Toomaga, Napa, Hetherington, Stimson, Waddell and Doorey is not a shit pack. Sure there are better packs in the NRLol, but there is some quality in ours too.
You're definitely blue eyed!! Haha