Who’s the best prime minister we ever had? And why?

Who’s the best prime minister we ever had?

• Bob Hawke

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • John Howard

Votes: 28 49.1%
  • ScoMo Scott Morrison

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • Tony Abbott

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Julia Gillard

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Kevin 07 Kevin Rudd

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Malcolm Turnbull

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Paul Keating

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Gough Whitlam. He didn’t last long, but he gave this country a conscience and left an incredible legacy. No Menzies either....he is arguably the most iconic Liberal Party PM of all time. Howard is the county's greatest myth. His real legacy is sending us to a war we had no part in, eroding workers rights and squandering the mining boom he inherited. Straigh up spud, that guy.
Totally agree about Howard.. His eroding of worker’s rights using that Other prick Peter Reith to be his attack dog, was disgusting.. As I’ve said it before..Howard is one of the only world leaders who has not said the invasion of Iraq for WMDs was wrong..even though he was informed by ASIO that it was likely they didn’t have any..

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
im surprised howard, is in front as canterbury is all labour.
Howard for me easily.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Totally agree about Howard.. His eroding of worker’s rights using that Other prick Peter Reith to be his attack dog, was disgusting.. As I’ve said it before..Howard is one of the only world leaders who has not said the invasion of Iraq for WMDs was wrong..even though he was informed by ASIO that it was likely they didn’t have any..
Yeah, mate. He is just an awful person. It makes me throw up in my mouth a little when people say he’s the goat. He proved during his tenure that he just didn’t give a shit about other people, regardless of whether they live at home, or abroad.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Howard said some beautiful things in his time

one generation shouldn’t have to apologise for the actions of another generation..

also that marriage is between a man and a women.

Howard didnt take bullshit and bend over to minority groups. Every PM after him gave in to minority groups, society is so twisted now
Howard was a human maggot that suffered little mans disease and wasted Australian lives so he could receive a pat on the head from Dubbya. He should be tried as a war criminal for being part of the coalition of the willing which was in fact responsible for illegal invasions of other countries.

Doggy71

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
John Howard without a doubt,wasn't a man's man in the mould of maybe hawke but dragged us out of a lot of shit financially, and had the balls to do the gun amnesty after port Arthur massacre.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Children overboard was deceitful as well.

Navy told PM's Dept early on that wasn't true.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Children overboard was deceitful as well.

Navy told PM's Dept early on that wasn't true.
Damn right WD..a little prick!!! The good thing is he’s only the second sitting prime minister to be ousted during an election…a perfect Way to go..The last was Stanley Bruce over ironically workplace relations to do with miners!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
You forgot Gough Whitlam and Malcolm Fraser...

Gough bought us Medicare got rid of the white Australia policy (that's a debate in itself) and was ultimately dismissed by the governor-general but then lost the election in a landslide.
Mainly thanks to Rupert Murdoch. That's where Murdoch learned that spin and lies can win elections. He became addicted to that power, and spread it into the UK and USA.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
#Grunthos, I was going to mention Gough. He was our last ""honest" PM, and was sacked because he refused to sign the Lima Agreement.
Whitlam introduced the Lima Agreement into Parliament but it was signed off by Don Willessee.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
There's only one PM who ever did the the right thing by the Australian people and that is....

Harold Holt. Realised that being PM he'd become a corrupt cnt and did the right thing and offed himself for the good of the Aussie people. Good man.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Purely from an entertainment perspective, Hawke and Keating. Politicians are so boring these days in comparison