News Where Brandon smith could land and why

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just hoping JAC is a done deal and we gave Reimis up for him. I would of preferred if they took DWZ instead tho. For B. Smith I'd love for them to take Napa, otherwise sacrifice one of Ogden or Atoni, I think we only need one of them max after next year, if we even need one. We should be signing Leniu too.
You could add Lewis, Hoppa and either Jmk or Katoa to that list of possible trades options.I can’t see any of them being with us in 2022

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Would fit the club nicely, the recruit from Baz an co for this year has been GREAT... land this one and WOW would also be a word to use lol.!!

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Souths have Cook, storm have Grant and Griffin has said the dragons aren’t interested, which would suggest they will resign McInnes. Other than those 3 teams, I think you could make a case for all other teams being interested for 2022
Panthers have Api and Roosters have Verillis so they seem set. I'd be happy for either of those 2 if Smith went to those clubs

Brisbane or Titans would make the most sense for him since his family lives in QLD

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Panthers have Api and Roosters have Verillis so they seem set. I'd be happy for either of those 2 if Smith went to those clubs

Brisbane or Titans would make the most sense for him since his family lives in QLD
API will be 30, when he comes off contract in 22, they may want someone younger. But they may have developed a local jr anyway. So probably not going to Penrith. But Verrills and Friend are both off contract in 2021, So he is a possibility of going to the rortsters. I’d have Verrills for sure . Or even McInnes . I’d be surprised if the roosters don’t sign Verrills .

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let Napa and DWZ both go. If Bellamy is silly enough to take one or both, that's great, but I doubt he is. Surely if one of them went in in 21 we'd have to chip in some of their contract, and DWZ's contracted for 22 as well. Bellamy's more likely to be after someone like RFM or Avo I reckon.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the fuck I don't get is how our club conducts business why the f let go of R Smith for no reason if potentially knowing B Smith would be or could be up for grabs we could have compensated the storm with R Smith for 2021 the storm are a perfect example of how clubs should do business
Reimis Smith was surplus to requirements,and after 3 years at our club what did he achieve f all,I commend the club for cutting him loose,and if we had kept him for next year,do u seriously think Melbourne would have been happy with him as a player swap,highly unlikely.

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haven’t seen a decent hooker at Belmore since trying to hail a taxi down 3am pissed off my head walking from the leagues club to belmore road in 2004 and see the girls on the street corners

Perth Doggy

New Pup
Reaction score
I left the other teams out as we were on top of the list,when you read it looks like half of the news was stolen from here,this is from fox sports

BULLDOGS

The most obvious option is the Bulldogs. The club finally has money to spend and is building a solid team with it. They recently tabled a four-year deal reportedly worth $500,000 a season to Smith’s Storm teammate Josh Addo-Carr. If the representative winger doesn’t take up the offer, the club needs to throw that money and more at Smith. Canterbury-Bankstown need a world class hooker more than they need a winger. They’ve got Jeremy Marshall-King and Sione Katoa on their books, it’s no disrespect to them — they do their job. But if you look at the sides who finished in the top six last year they all had influential and dominant hookers — with exception to the Raiders who lost Josh Hodgson midway through the year. Smith is the influential and dominant hooker who could genuinely transform the Bulldogs. Marshall-King and Katoa also come off contract at the end of 2021.

The Daily Telegraph reported on Monday that there’s a club interested in Smith’s services who are willing to offer up a representative forward in return. Dylan Napa springs to mind here. He’s off-contract at the end of 2021 but the Bulldogs could try their luck in securing Smith early but putting up Napa immediately. With Luke Thompson, Jack Hetherington, Renouf Atoni and Ofahiki Ogden on their books they Bulldogs could afford to offload Napa, a former Queensland representative.

If Melbourne dig their heels in and refuse to let Smith go any earlier than 2022, the Bulldogs could offer up a player like Dalin Watene-Zelezniak. The 25-year-old has 134 games worth of NRL experience and — like Smith — is a Kiwi international. Watene-Zelezniak could bolster the Storm’s backline with the extra depth they need.

Aside from the cap space, the need for a hooker and a compensation option all lining up, Smith fits the Bulldog mould. Tough, competitive, and incredibly passionate — the oldschool DNA that the club has built itself on.

Brandon Smith would be a great signing for the dogs. A MUST. No nonsense forward and tireless hooker.
Message to the board: Get him at all cost.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let Napa and DWZ both go. If Bellamy is silly enough to take one or both, that's great, but I doubt he is. Surely if one of them went in in 21 we'd have to chip in some of their contract, and DWZ's contracted for 22 as well. Bellamy's more likely to be after someone like RFM or Avo I reckon.
I think RT might be on his radar

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
API will be 30, when he comes off contract in 22, they may want someone younger. But they may have developed a local jr anyway. So probably not going to Penrith. But Verrills and Friend are both off contract in 2021, So he is a possibility of going to the rortsters. I’d have Verrills for sure . Or even McInnes . I’d be surprised if the roosters don’t sign Verrills .
Verily is is a absolute gun.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Imagine the best case scenario for starting 2021, with Burton/Flanagan halves, B Smith Hooker, JAC and Cotric in the backs. I might jizz a little if that happened. Id prefer Grant at hooker but resigned to the fact he has to be who the Storm have chosen to replace C Smith after his 2020 season.

red-dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Funny that storm will not release a player if they dont get something they want back. Yet we release players left right and centre.

Hopefully the Reimis release can be used as leverage. But it seems neither fox or cheese head will be available for 2021. And Napa is off contract at the end of the season so doubt that is the representative forward we have offered (as they could just sign him if they wanted). And we no longer have Hawaera or what ever that gronks name was [emoji14]

There shouldnt be any doubt..... Storm are the most professionally run club in the country. Hats off the Bellemy and the board there. They do no one favours and even keep players that want to leave.

If tigers gave up Nofoluma they could have had the fox for 3-4 years.... Yet they kept to keep him and lost the chance at JAC.
It's cause we release players that we don't want, whilst the storm wouldn't necessarily want to release Brandon Smith but might do so out of respect to the player. We didn't release Klemmer until we got Napa. Not saying it was good business, but we did hold out until we got someone in return.