News Where Brandon smith could land and why

ElMagic92

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He’s a top player from a premiership winning team. Glad we are linked with him. Shows continual promise for the club and our re build in in action. The more players we have that want to come to the Dogs and being linked to us gives us back some respect and credibility.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PREMIERS Melbourne have missed out on their main target for 2021 - English Test prop Robbie Mulhern.
WWOS reported back in March that the Storm and several other NRL clubs were keen to sign the 26-year-old from Hull KR.
A rugged, tough-tackling forward, Mulhern was seen as a possible replacement for Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, who has signed with the Titans.
But Mulhern will announce tomorrow that he has decided to stay in England, signing with the Warrington club.

The Storm have only signed two 'name' players for 2021 - George Jennings (Warriors), and Reimis Smith (Bulldogs) - and both are outside backs.
Having lost Fa'asuamaleaui and Albert Vete and possibly Cameron Smith, they are on the lookout for a couple of experienced forwards to bolster their ranks.

So Storm are still looking for a prop, guess they don't want to spend too much though. You'd think Mulhern would have jumped on that opportunity.
A prop or middle forward-
Either Napa or perhaps they can have Stimpson back, he quite easily covers the middle.
Hell, give em both!!!

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
A prop or middle forward-
Either Napa or perhaps they can have Stimpson back, he quite easily covers the middle.
Hell, give em both!!!
Unfortunately the article states they are on the lookout for "experienced forwards to bolster their ranks".

If it said "the storm are on the lookout for a pea hearted over paid prop who has never shown one bit of passion in a bulldogs jumper" then we could use Napa as bait.

Apologies to anyone who knows Dylan but in my opinion he hasnt put in for the dogs. At the roosters he used to smash blokes and be a feared player. He has fair dinkum just collected a pay cheque with us.

Panic buy from previous board/coach. Probably doesnt make our 17 next year.

I think Stimson may surprise. Baz already saying he wasnt suited to an edge and will play in the middle next year.

youoboys

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Flanno,cotric and hetho this year
Burton, addo-carr and smith next year. Fuck one can only dream
Big recruitment seasons if we pull it off.
Bulldogs fan here: I’m having a wet dream dreaming about it

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Don't agree on this one, our Covid situation is far superior to the UK and France (where the players come from) and anyone with a family would be jumping at the opportunity. Ask Bupa (he's making arrangements to move back into his Shire home) and Thompson (who just bought his girlfriend over).

Go Dogs
Bupa, Thommo, prove that some are OK to move, though firm indications are Thompson struggled a bit last year.

They don't disprove my point. At times like this some people experience a reduction in ambition and an increase in caution. That caution includes a desire to stay near family, which disregards where covid is better or worse. You'll find that people low on the Openness personality spectrum are more likely to respond this way. Not saying it is the case here, just listing it as a possible factor.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Unfortunately the article states they are on the lookout for "experienced forwards to bolster their ranks".

If it said "the storm are on the lookout for a pea hearted over paid prop who has never shown one bit of passion in a bulldogs jumper" then we could use Napa as bait.

Apologies to anyone who knows Dylan but in my opinion he hasnt put in for the dogs. At the roosters he used to smash blokes and be a feared player. He has fair dinkum just collected a pay cheque with us.

Panic buy from previous board/coach. Probably doesnt make our 17 next year.
Just to clarify, they only say they want experienced... not good!

He has experience playing for 2 power house clubs and represented his state, lacking heart doesn't matter too much for the Mecenary Storm.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's also followed the Sunshine Coast Falcons which is their feeder club.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He doesn't follow any other side's bar us so that's concerning
If we have the choice of letting Renouf go in return for getting B. Smith, I think most fans would be happy with that.

I like Renouf, but much like Remis, I'm getting sick of waiting for him to develop into a gun prop so it might be in the best interest of the club to let him go if it means we can strengthen the 9 position, especially if we get Leniu as a replacement for Renouf.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Rule warriors out. They're sticking with Egan and Lawton for hooker.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If we have the choice of letting Renouf go in return for getting B. Smith, I think most fans would be happy with that.

I like Renouf, but much like Remis, I'm getting sick of waiting for him to develop into a gun prop so it might be in the best interest of the club to let him go if it means we can strengthen the 9 position, especially if we get Leniu as a replacement for Renouf.
If we look a bit into the future. Thompson will be one of our starting props. We should be targeting Leniu hard for the other spot (one of the best young guns coming through) using Napa's money. Hetherington has one of the prop bench spots. If we want to get Topine or Doorey into the team we'll have to free up a second row position so RFM might have to turn into a middle which would be the other bench spot. After next year Atoni and/or Ogden won't be needed. We can sacrifice one of them, especially if it's for a top hooker. If we're getting JAC, losing Reimis after next year (unless JAC is for 2021) also wouldn't be an issue (we needed him this year with Okunbor's ACL injury).

DirtyDog72

Waterboy
Reaction score
Kevin Walters & the Broncos are making a play for Cam Smith & Brandon Smith, which makes a little sense, as Belly Ache will be at the Broncos in 2022.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny that storm will not release a player if they dont get something they want back. Yet we release players left right and centre.

Hopefully the Reimis release can be used as leverage. But it seems neither fox or cheese head will be available for 2021. And Napa is off contract at the end of the season so doubt that is the representative forward we have offered (as they could just sign him if they wanted). And we no longer have Hawaera or what ever that gronks name was :p

There shouldnt be any doubt..... Storm are the most professionally run club in the country. Hats off the Bellemy and the board there. They do no one favours and even keep players that want to leave.

If tigers gave up Nofoluma they could have had the fox for 3-4 years.... Yet they kept to keep him and lost the chance at JAC.
Storm have the attitude that, if they can't keep a good player beyond their contract, they're not going to release them early then have to play against them.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Kevin Walters & the Broncos are making a play for Cam Smith & Brandon Smith, which makes a little sense, as Belly Ache will be at the Broncos in 2022.
“Any player that ends in Smith we are interested in,” Walters said.

Sorry you missed out on Reimis Smith, but do we have Chris Smith, we will trade him as long as the trade is heavily in our favour, say Katoni Staggs that would be a fair trade for a Smith.

Go Dogs

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With the Titans and Tigers now I’m the mix as well as the Broncos, who seem to have unlimited third party sponsors at their disposal, it’s looking less likely to be Belmore.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Not prepared to give Storm our best talent just to get B Smith in 2021, same goes with Burton. No doubt they would want someone like Averillo which can never happen. If they aren't willing to release then let them play out their respective contracts and come in 2022.