News Where Brandon smith could land and why

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not prepared to give Storm our best talent just to get B Smith in 2021, same goes with Burton. No doubt they would want someone like Averillo which can never happen. If they aren't willing to release then let them play out their respective contracts and come in 2022.
You need to be planning a year in advance and if it's a player that at this stage/most likely isn't going to be here/needed for 2022 you trade them. If we're brining in quality players it's fine. I think for B. Smith it's a no brainer if it's the only way to get him, we have to get him imo. B. Smith will already be signed elsewhere as another club will trade a player before his contract runs down. We need to learn a lesson here for when we're the team that Storm is, don't release anyone we can use unless we're getting something in return.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
You need to be planning a year in advance and if it's a player that at this stage/most likely isn't going to be here/needed for 2022 you trade them. If we're brining in quality players it's fine. I think for B. Smith it's a no brainer if it's the only way to get him, we have to get him imo. B. Smith will already be signed elsewhere as another club will trade a player before his contract runs down. We need to learn a lesson here for when we're the team that Storm is, don't release anyone we can use unless we're getting something in return.
Who do you suggest we shed cause they ain't gonna take shit cnuts. As much as I like him B Smith isn't worth bringing in if we have to lose someone like Avo.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Who do you suggest we shed cause they ain't gonna take shit cnuts. As much as I like him B Smith isn't worth bringing in if we have to lose someone like Avo.
I think it's said the Storm want a forward/prop. They wouldn't take Napa because he's terrible. So you'd offer Ogden/Atoni. We can't do much after that. We already gave them Reimis, why?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I think it's said the Storm want a forward/prop. They wouldn't take Napa because he's terrible. So you'd offer Ogden/Atoni. We can't do much after that. We already gave them Reimis, why?
Not just any prop they have stated they want a rep quality forward. I just don't see us playing hardball with them over him.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Not just any prop they have stated they want a rep quality forward. I just don't see us playing hardball with them over him.
Most players that go to the Storm aren't rep players but instead turn into them. If the Storm get offered a player with qualities they like you never know. Most people here would probably say Reimis isn't good enough to make the Storm's 13. We could even say the same for someone like Brenko Lee.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Most players that go to the Storm aren't rep players but instead turn into them. If the Storm get offered a player with qualities they like you never know. Most people here would probably say Reimis isn't good enough to make the Storm's 13. We could even say the same for someone like Brenko Lee.
Fair enuf mate. Brenko's still crap tho.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Storm can usually turn trash into treasure but belly won’t be there for any of these swaps assuming that next year is his last. So I don’t understand what the storm will want. Who’s the coach going to be?

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did someone really say Brandon Smith has a worse passing game than Lichaa?

Fk me
It doesn't look the greatest tbh. It kind of looks forced. Probably because he hasn't had to do it on a regular basis.

Jebbundy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Curtis rona keeps popping up, surely he’s an option?

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah they are out for 2022 but they haven’t said they are backing out of the agreement he signed that he can’t play for anyone except storm or them in 2021
I get that they have copped the rough end a few times of late regarding players, but if they weren't such a shit club it would not have happened. That said, if JAC signs with a different club for 2022, and the tigers stop him due to their heads of agreement shit, thats just salty as fuck!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Must say(no personal offence intended)i find all the "the last i heard" stuff frustrating at best..plus it doesnt help when it gets shot down very soon after :tearsofjoy:
I have zero inside knowledge but HOW we would not want to meet this guy is beyond belief or commonsense, so whoever is suggesting this to others clearly is talking spin imo, also agree with Aaron and have said similar we need this guy also because of his passion it's one of his biggest assets.
He WILL work playing 9 at the Dogs of this i'm confident so its all down to price and if he wants to play for us..ideally like Burton an early release to play 2021 in the blue and white would be fantastic.
Alone he is not our saviour of course but as part of the current recruitment achievements he would make a great addition
I think the majority of people that claim to have inside knowledge don't know shit. Its like phishing for likes!! Trying to get a bit of street credit. Granted, some people probably do have a person in the know that they can get some info from, but if you were a club staff member, would you risk your job leaking info? And if you were willing to, would you continue to do so if you saw the person you were leaking info to bragging constantly on the kennel??
Grain of salt.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It doesn't look the greatest tbh. It kind of looks forced. Probably because he hasn't had to do it on a regular basis.
I agree. He looks like he has morphed into a back rower in last couple of seasons.

I'm not sure throwing big coin at him would be the right move