News Where Brandon smith could land and why

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Quote: ‘Smith fits the Bulldog mould. Tough, competitive, and incredibly passionate — the oldschool DNA that the club has built itself on.’
( finally an intelligent journo!!!) LOL
That article is great, like its been written by the Kennel. We couldn't be so lucky as to pull that trade off surely
Actually, it's written by an old friend of TK @Darciemcd

Darcie McDonald

• December 8, 2020 11:38am
  • DARCIE MCDONALD
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect,they took reimis of our hands,so we can spend the $350k on someone else,he dint exactly set the world on fire did he?and JAC he’s been offered half a million a season,and taking his time saying yes or no,which is his choice but reality is his just using us to up his price at the rabbits,his got half a dozen of his cousins playing there,I’d be shocked if he came to us.
100% the fact that our offer was leaked immediately shows he is trying to go elsewhere we won’t get him

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hooker touches the ball more than any other player.
It’s a ‘must fill with quality‘ position If we are to be top 8, top 4 contenders.

Last edited:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Titans strong favourite unfortunately,his family have moved to qld Apparantely

Malla

Reaction score
Brandon Smith won't happen.

From what I have been told we are not interested in even meeting with him. While I think he's a great player, I think he would be a step in the wrong direction with what Baz is trying to build at the club.

It is clear Baz has a vision for the team and he is sticking to it. Not just that, there's a plan to bring in players over the next few years in line with our salary cap (JAC, Leinu etc) and going for Cheese who would demand $500k plus at least would hinder those plans.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score

From what I have been told we are not interested in even meeting with him. While I think he's a great player, I think he would be a step in the wrong direction with what Baz is trying to build at the club.

It is clear Baz has a vision for the team and he is sticking to it. Not just that, there's a plan to bring in players over the next few years in line with our salary cap (JAC, Leinu etc) and going for Cheese who would demand $500k plus at least would hinder those plans.
I think Baz would buy him For 500k

Stinger

Kennel Established
Reaction score

What’s your view on JAC malla? Will that happen?

Malla

Reaction score
I think Baz would buy him For 500k
I reckon that's too high a price tbh for what he brings to the club. He's not a leader nor is he someone that can lead the spine - remember we have 2 rookie halves pretty much.

McInnes is off contract at the same time, he is a better investment for that same price imo and a better buy.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I reckon that's too high a price tbh for what he brings to the club. He's not a leader nor is he someone that can lead the spine - remember we have 2 rookie halves pretty much.

McInnes is off contract at the same time, he is a better investment for that same price imo and a better buy.
Im not sure I actually think the opposite passionate players like him are great for clubs

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
Why are you guys hyping Brandon Smith as a hooker. He isnt much better than JMK. Have you guys seen his passing game from dummy half? His passing is nearly as bad as Lichaa.

He is a gun 2nd rower/lock. I wouldnt want him anywhere near our 9

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Canterbury CEO Andrew Hill confirmed the club’s interest in the New Zealander.

“We have spoken to Brandon Smith’s agent. We are interested in Smith, definitely. There would be a number of clubs interested in having a conversation at the appropriate time,” Hill said.

“Like most clubs, when quality players in key positions come on the market, clubs have to stop and consider their options. He is obviously a class player who we would be interested in talking to.”

No interest in meeting with him tho (It doesn't suit Malla's agenda or should I say inside info).

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
PREMIERS Melbourne have missed out on their main target for 2021 - English Test prop Robbie Mulhern.
WWOS reported back in March that the Storm and several other NRL clubs were keen to sign the 26-year-old from Hull KR.
A rugged, tough-tackling forward, Mulhern was seen as a possible replacement for Tino Fa'asuamaleaui, who has signed with the Titans.
But Mulhern will announce tomorrow that he has decided to stay in England, signing with the Warrington club.

The Storm have only signed two 'name' players for 2021 - George Jennings (Warriors), and Reimis Smith (Bulldogs) - and both are outside backs.
Having lost Fa'asuamaleaui and Albert Vete and possibly Cameron Smith, they are on the lookout for a couple of experienced forwards to bolster their ranks.

So Storm are still looking for a prop, guess they don't want to spend too much though. You'd think Mulhern would have jumped on that opportunity.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Send Napa. Fick if it gets us b smith I’d part with Ogden or Renouf (reluctantly there as I think he will come good)

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Storm are still looking for a prop, guess they don't want to spend too much though. You'd think Mulhern would have jumped on that opportunity.
Yeah, interesting to see them struggling to sign someone, reckon there has to be some who've signed with Storm for unders purely to be coached by Bellyache. Storm might find it harder now that his time is limited.

It is also likely that some overseas players are going to be more reluctant to move given the year that 2020 has been.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah, interesting to see them struggling to sign someone, reckon there has to be some who've signed with Storm for unders purely to be coached by Bellyache. Storm might find it harder now that his time is limited.
Completely agree, Melbourne's time as a "destination" for up an coming players is almost over. With Bellamy gone (according to him) in 10 months they won't be able to underpay talented players to go there AND to stay there. They better get used to paying market rate and above.

It is also likely that some overseas players are going to be more reluctant to move given the year that 2020 has been.
Don't agree on this one, our Covid situation is far superior to the UK and France (where the players come from) and anyone with a family would be jumping at the opportunity. Ask Bupa (he's making arrangements to move back into his Shire home) and Thompson (who just bought his girlfriend over).

Go Dogs

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Must say(no personal offence intended)i find all the "the last i heard" stuff frustrating at best..plus it doesnt help when it gets shot down very soon after :tearsofjoy:
I have zero inside knowledge but HOW we would not want to meet this guy is beyond belief or commonsense, so whoever is suggesting this to others clearly is talking spin imo, also agree with Aaron and have said similar we need this guy also because of his passion it's one of his biggest assets.
He WILL work playing 9 at the Dogs of this i'm confident so its all down to price and if he wants to play for us..ideally like Burton an early release to play 2021 in the blue and white would be fantastic.
Alone he is not our saviour of course but as part of the current recruitment achievements he would make a great addition