News Where Brandon smith could land and why

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I left the other teams out as we were on top of the list,when you read it looks like half of the news was stolen from here,this is from fox sports

BULLDOGS

The most obvious option is the Bulldogs. The club finally has money to spend and is building a solid team with it. They recently tabled a four-year deal reportedly worth $500,000 a season to Smith’s Storm teammate Josh Addo-Carr. If the representative winger doesn’t take up the offer, the club needs to throw that money and more at Smith. Canterbury-Bankstown need a world class hooker more than they need a winger. They’ve got Jeremy Marshall-King and Sione Katoa on their books, it’s no disrespect to them — they do their job. But if you look at the sides who finished in the top six last year they all had influential and dominant hookers — with exception to the Raiders who lost Josh Hodgson midway through the year. Smith is the influential and dominant hooker who could genuinely transform the Bulldogs. Marshall-King and Katoa also come off contract at the end of 2021.

The Daily Telegraph reported on Monday that there’s a club interested in Smith’s services who are willing to offer up a representative forward in return. Dylan Napa springs to mind here. He’s off-contract at the end of 2021 but the Bulldogs could try their luck in securing Smith early but putting up Napa immediately. With Luke Thompson, Jack Hetherington, Renouf Atoni and Ofahiki Ogden on their books they Bulldogs could afford to offload Napa, a former Queensland representative.

If Melbourne dig their heels in and refuse to let Smith go any earlier than 2022, the Bulldogs could offer up a player like Dalin Watene-Zelezniak. The 25-year-old has 134 games worth of NRL experience and — like Smith — is a Kiwi international. Watene-Zelezniak could bolster the Storm’s backline with the extra depth they need.

Aside from the cap space, the need for a hooker and a compensation option all lining up, Smith fits the Bulldog mould. Tough, competitive, and incredibly passionate — the oldschool DNA that the club has built itself on.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've already given them Reimis, why should we let DWZ go as well. I think Napa and Reimis is enough.
With all due respect,they took reimis of our hands,so we can spend the $350k on someone else,he dint exactly set the world on fire did he?and JAC he’s been offered half a million a season,and taking his time saying yes or no,which is his choice but reality is his just using us to up his price at the rabbits,his got half a dozen of his cousins playing there,I’d be shocked if he came to us.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, going forward we dont want any of them anyway so let all 3 go now and it makes plenty of cash available if DWZ goes too plus he is average at best.
Plus grease the Storm's wheels so we can get their two guns and EARLY..mind you i don't like or trust them ***** one bit so make sure it's a watertight deal and we dont get shafted.

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What the fuck I don't get is how our club conducts business why the f let go of R Smith for no reason if potentially knowing B Smith would be or could be up for grabs we could have compensated the storm with R Smith for 2021 the storm are a perfect example of how clubs should do business

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Funny that storm will not release a player if they dont get something they want back. Yet we release players left right and centre.

Hopefully the Reimis release can be used as leverage. But it seems neither fox or cheese head will be available for 2021. And Napa is off contract at the end of the season so doubt that is the representative forward we have offered (as they could just sign him if they wanted). And we no longer have Hawaera or what ever that gronks name was :p

There shouldnt be any doubt..... Storm are the most professionally run club in the country. Hats off the Bellemy and the board there. They do no one favours and even keep players that want to leave.

If tigers gave up Nofoluma they could have had the fox for 3-4 years.... Yet they kept to keep him and lost the chance at JAC.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What the fuck I don't get is how our club conducts business why the f let go of R Smith for no reason if potentially knowing B Smith would be or could be up for grabs we could have compensated the storm with R Smith for 2021 the storm are a perfect example of how clubs should do business
If storm and panthers did business like us we'd have burton and the cheese block at belmore today running laps with the boys :p

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'm just hoping JAC is a done deal and we gave Reimis up for him. I would of preferred if they took DWZ instead tho. For B. Smith I'd love for them to take Napa, otherwise sacrifice one of Ogden or Atoni, I think we only need one of them max after next year, if we even need one. We should be signing Leniu too.

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If storm and panthers did business like us we'd have burton and the cheese block at belmore today running laps with the boys :p
I think they're both due back at training next week. It looks like our best chance of getting Burton early is after the Christmas break

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That article is great, like its been written by the Kennel. We couldn't be so lucky as to pull that trade off surely

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm just hoping JAC is a done deal and we gave Reimis up for him. I would of preferred if they took DWZ instead tho. For B. Smith I'd love for them to take Napa, otherwise sacrifice one of Ogden or Atoni, I think we only need one of them max after next year, if we even need one. We should be signing Leniu too.
I dont think thats the case with Remi's mate. The storm were prepared to release him for 2021 if they found a suitable replacement. If they deemed Remis a suitable replacement then the deal for next year would have already been done.

Like many people on here I am confused by it all. It may be just coincidence that Remis went there. Baz obviously doesnt rate him and moved him on to create some space for another outside back.

I know lots of people on here think that the Tigers will back out of their heads of agreement with JAC but I dont think they will. Players have shit on them lately and they are taking a stand at the moment. There wont be a loan agreement either so forget that. The storm get nothing out of that.

What I dont get is why he signed the stupid heads of agreement in the first place. He literally had nothing to gain from it from what I can see?? Its like a lot of our team selections this year. Makes no farkin sense whatsoever

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Souths have Cook, storm have Grant and Griffin has said the dragons aren’t interested, which would suggest they will resign McInnes. Other than those 3 teams, I think you could make a case for all other teams being interested for 2022

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think they're both due back at training next week. It looks like our best chance of getting Burton early is after the Christmas break
I hope so. Just playing first grade will help his development more then anything. Panthers gain nothing by not letting him leave. If anything getting him off the books could front end a contract so they have more space next year.

Digging their heels in now will do nothing. Not like he would stay if they kept him.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Napa is willing to go for 2021
and Remis already gone the other way.

That should be enough for Melbourne to allow him to come now if we can make a deal happen.