News 'What the hell was going on there?': Flanagan hits out at sudden Roosters axing

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Fuck me ive been saying all along staggs and b Smith and a prop in from now with hoppa Lewis jmk Napa and whoever else to make way with minimum wages in. If those 2 happen and someone like guler comes Fucking we are set.

Please b Smith and staggs in!!! Deadset. Jizz fest!!!

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I do hope Flanagan does perform very well at our club... but he still needs a lot of development in certain aspects of his game.

My actual concern is that if he does kill it and then his old man gets a coaching gig at another club, he will end up leaving to be coached by him...

Belmore'sFinest

Waterboy
Reaction score
Flanagan can't do it all himself, he will need a strong forward pack to give him the time needed to make the right play. Its going to come down to the forwards to lay the platform. They need to make strong metres each game and out muscle the opposition pack, The forwards need a hell of a year.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope this is a case of the media doing a rehash of the same story over and over, rather than Flanagan looking butt hurt..

If Flanagan is being butt hurt, he really needs to move on and let his football do the talking..

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan can't do it all himself, he will need a strong forward pack to give him the time needed to make the right play. Its going to come down to the forwards to lay the platform. They need to make strong metres each game and out muscle the opposition pack, The forwards need a hell of a year.
It’s not the forwards making metres that’s been our biggest problem in recent years.

What the forwards need to do is work the ball up the field and then get the F*#K out of the way when we get to the opposition’s 20m.

The biggest issue which i hope Flanagan can help fix. Is the lack of a genuine playmaker. Be the dominant voice and direct players where he wants them in attack.

TBaz is going to be key with this also.

Hasler’s last couple of years he lost touch with the way the game had changed. Pushing the forwards at first receiver then play out the back.

Every team reads it so easily. Then Pay comes along with NFI. I swear he never had a game plan.
So the players keep doing what they did with Des.

TBaz & Flanagan need to make this happen. Our play makers in recent time simply have not been up to it.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I met Arthur Laundy on the weekend, absolute top bloke, spoke to him for a good half hour , he even bought me a beer.. said we arent interested in Crichton we are going hard for Staggs and B.Smith for 22, he has a meeting with Brian Fletcher next week to try and get Burton here this year.. willing to chuck in a little over 100k to get it done (don't know what that means whether it's cap money or what)
Great work mate, post of the month at least..i'm jealous id love to meet and have a beer with Arthur. :laughing:

as Bulldogs09 said those players would result in an unloading of semen unexpectedly LOL.

Also agree re the move on flanno message if this is a new story let it be the last, do your stuff here your a Bulldog now mate and an important one at that.

gbrussell

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I do hope Flanagan does perform very well at our club... but he still needs a lot of development in certain aspects of his game.

My actual concern is that if he does kill it and then his old man gets a coaching gig at another club, he will end up leaving to be coached by him...
This is one of my concerns too Scorpio.

The other is if Shane Flanagan gets a coaching gig at the Bulldogs.

Hopefully most clubs have an inkling as to what went on behind the scenes at the Sharks that gave the NRL the chance to de-register him.

Kennelers who alleged Shane's mid-season phone call to Trent Robinson might have been the straw the broke the camel's back with Robinson are probably correct.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I met Arthur Laundy on the weekend, absolute top bloke, spoke to him for a good half hour , he even bought me a beer.. said we arent interested in Crichton we are going hard for Staggs and B.Smith for 22, he has a meeting with Brian Fletcher next week to try and get Burton here this year.. willing to chuck in a little over 100k to get it done (don't know what that means whether it's cap money or what)
Arthur is unquestionably a good fella.
There’s no doubt they’re trying to get Burto this year and will keep a roster spot open, possibly up to 30 June - but I don’t think money is the issue - I think the pussy cats are salty at Baz and just don’t want to let him go. We’ll see...

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The other is if Shane Flanagan gets a coaching gig at the Bulldogs.
Agree hopefully never.
Not sure he learned his lesson and Hook certainly had no appetite to keep him at Kogarah.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Robinson threw this kid under the bus for the shit end to the season the rooters had, he is a genuine halfback and I hope he gets his wish of partnering Avo in the halves for this year. Tbaz turned cleary and lui into the best attacking halves partnership in the NRL can,t wait to see what he can do with flange and partner.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree hopefully never.
Not sure he learned his lesson and Hook certainly had no appetite to keep him at Kogarah.
Griffin maybe be many things but he's not totally stupid, he recognised the threat a superior coach in Flanagan presents, and removed it.

Go Dogs