News 'What the hell was going on there?': Flanagan hits out at sudden Roosters axing

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First fact check - Kyle was signed on a 2 year deal not 3. And the reason we only signed him to a 2 year deal was we weren't sure if he would develop faster than our other young halves. He didn't and so he was let go.
Second fact check - His attitude and ego sucks. He put a lot of senior players off side in his time with us and this looking back instead of forward and sooking about being let go appears he's still putting his ego above his focus on what he should be doing for you guys.
Third fact check - We will blow you away in round 17.
Make sure you bring your knee pads and mouth wash for round 17 then.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
First fact check - Kyle was signed on a 2 year deal not 3. And the reason we only signed him to a 2 year deal was we weren't sure if he would develop faster than our other young halves. He didn't and so he was let go.
Second fact check - His attitude and ego sucks. He put a lot of senior players off side in his time with us and this looking back instead of forward and sooking about being let go appears he's still putting his ego above his focus on what he should be doing for you guys.
Some of his comments made me wonder if he's got a bit of an ego. It's reliant on his efforts to justify that though. If he's directing the team well and creating opportunities for the backs this season I don't care. Probably hard not to develop an ego if you are the coaches son coming through the lower grades.

I think the same could be said of your coach though regarding ego. Always looked at Robinson as a bit of an arrogant ****. Perhaps the big issue between them was that they clashed based on that. If I have to be honest I think your club tends to have a big ego.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fourth Fact Check- GET FUCKED, WE WILL SMASH YOU COCKSUCKERS.
But just in case we don't just run with get fucked.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
At this stage JAC is a definite no for 2021.
I have a mate who works with one of the Tigers sponsors and he got word that I have no reason to disbelieve that the Tigers are standing firm on the HoA and won’t allow JAC to play anywhere other than the Storm this year. Can’t say it won’t change later in the year but that’s the word right now.
Salty shit ***** the tigers are lol where does it matter if they aren't at your club...think they don't want us to improve and threaten their 9th place finish at best lol

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Some of his comments made me wonder if he's got a bit of an ego. It's reliant on his efforts to justify that though. If he's directing the team well and creating opportunities for the backs this season I don't care. Probably hard not to develop an ego if you are the coaches son coming through the lower grades.

I think the same could be said of your coach though regarding ego. Always looked at Robinson as a bit of an arrogant c***. Perhaps the big issue between them was that they clashed based on that. If I have to be honest I think your club tends to have a big ego.
Of course he has an ego he's a first grade 7... Issue is when the ego doesn't match the performance eg Lachlan Lewis

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the same could be said of your coach though regarding ego. Always looked at Robinson as a bit of an arrogant c***. Perhaps the big issue between them was that they clashed based on that. If I have to be honest I think your club tends to have a big ego.
We do have an ego and I think having his dad ring the coach may have put a damper on the relationship with the club.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone's a bit precious if they can't handle one phone call.

Go Dogs
lol Is your club is the gold standard for dealing with external influence? How many boards have you gone through over the past couple of years?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We do have an ego and I think having his dad ring the coach may have put a damper on the relationship with the club.
Red faced Trent would have got his next level Tomato face on after that phone call lol.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

And their fans.....have big mouths.....

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
lol Is your club is the gold standard for dealing with external influence? How many boards have you gone through over the past couple of years?
I'm not sure how the 2 things are remotely related, but if it makes you feel better that's OK.

Go Dogs

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it is easy to believe that a young half who is a FG coach's son would be arrogant but I thought it telling that when it was reported that Flanagan was on the outer with the Roosters, Gallen implored the Sharks to re-sign him... so ego or not, I doubt it is to the level of being disruptive to a squad

I would simply think the Roosters acknowledged that there were some tough decisions to be made following Cronk's retirement with Flanagan recruited and Sam Walker and Lachlan Lam coming up thru the grades and Keary still in his prime (although a little groggy)

Flanagan needs to shut up now though... by questioning his axing by the Roosters, he is bringing on further unnecessary pressure onto himself to prove them wrong... it would be easier to say little and leave the narrative to the likes of Gus Gould, Andrew Johns and Fittler who defended him by noting how long it takes for halves to develop to proven FG performers