What did you think of the game ? we just found our new hooker ?

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
why is no one talking about our shit right side defense? poor reads.... DWZ fuck me... drops the ball cold straight up then get scored on twice shortly after. What is going on with him how did he go from being so good at the end of 2019 to complete and utter shit in the space of 1 season?
The errors/drop balls are inexcusable. He almost dropped the ball in one of his first carries when he was playing the ball. The tries against him if he's in a 1 on 2 it's the build up beforehand. He still does need to do a lot better now and then and come up with an intercept or hit the correct player, either winger or centre. A lot of the time he plays passive and doesn't have the pace to chase the winger. I gave DWZ a 3/10 today and that includes a try. DWZ and Waddell were the worst players on the field for us imo (not including players outside the 17).

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The errors/drop balls are inexcusable. He almost dropped the ball in one of his first carries when he was playing the ball. The tries against him if he's in a 1 on 2 it's the build up beforehand. He still does need to do a lot better now and then and come up with an intercept or hit the correct player, either winger or centre. A lot of the time he plays passive and doesn't have the pace to chase the winger. I gave DWZ a 3/10 today and that includes a try. DWZ and Waddell were the worst players on the field for us imo (not including players outside the 17).
his try was a simple catch and put down... Lewis could have scored it.

mr j

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric was on wing today and Meaney on centre’s. Which suggests to me Burton at 5/8 and Averillo in centres
That’s only in defence. For attack Cotric switches to centre

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Dietz is on trial and train according to an article posted here and working as a teacher. Hopefully we get him signed and possibly into a top 30 spot.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allan
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hop
5. Meaneys shit help
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan
8. Hetho
9. Deitz
10. Ogden
11. Elliott
12. Rfm
13. Jackson
14. Naps
15. Thompson
16. Doorey
17. Schupp
18. Atoni
19. Wakes
Struggling to put together this line up cos there’s too much QUALITY in this squad to
Not succeed

go dogs
Schoupp and wakeham for me were very ordinary,I misssd the 20 odd minutes that deitz was on the field,my son told me he played very well,and has a better passing game than jmk or katoa.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allan
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hop
5. Meaneys shit help
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan
8. Hetho
9. Deitz
10. Ogden
11. Elliott
12. Rfm
13. Jackson
14. Naps
15. Thompson
16. Doorey
17. Schupp
18. Atoni
19. Wakes
Struggling to put together this line up cos there’s too much QUALITY in this squad to
Not succeed

go dogs
Atoni in the 17 over Doorey. Much more dangerous.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Schoupp and wakeham for me were very ordinary,I misssd the 20 odd minutes that deitz was on the field,my son told me he played very well,and has a better passing game than jmk or katoa.
Yes he was passing the ball really well. Could change direction easily at the last moment just before he passed also. Looked like a real natural - unlike JMK

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric was on wing today and Meaney on centre’s. Which suggests to me Burton at 5/8 and Averillo in centres
Everybody seems to put shit on Meaney but in my opinion he was much better than DWZ who was caught twice out of position today leading to the sharks 2 tries and ran nearly the width of the field to cause an error during one of our promising attacking raids, Meaney stuck to his wing and did not see much ball due to Cotric running more to the center of the field but still defended well, Hoppa looks very slow & pedestrian in his center position and my feeling is if things don't improve next year we will see
1. Allen
2. Meaney
3. Averillo
4. Cotric
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flannigan
8. Jackson
9. Dietz
I also believe our problem of finding our hooker are over , Dietz looks the goods in his first NRL game and will only get better if he gets picked in the squad I hope we have room for him, Anyway I was very happy with the win and even though it was just a trial I feel that we have shown a vast improvement in our attack and defense from the last couple of years and also our fitness, to suggest we will be a real threat to the competition this year and also we have a some good depth to cover injuries and keep all the players on their toes and looking over their shoulders and make sure they put in 100% effort, Congratulations to TBAZ & the boys, good start to the season.
And last but not least Sutton is still a C@&T and I hope he doesn't get to Referee to many of our games this year or we are doomed.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Everybody seems to put shit on Meaney but in my opinion he was much better than DWZ who was caught twice out of position today leading to the sharks 2 tries and ran nearly the width of the field to cause an error during one of our promising attacking raids, Meaney stuck to his wing and did not see much ball due to Cotric running more to the center of the field but still defended well, Hoppa looks very slow & pedestrian in his center position and my feeling is if things don't improve next year we will see
1. Allen
2. Meaney
3. Averillo
4. Cotric
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flannigan
8. Jackson
9. Dietz
I also believe our problem of finding our hooker are over , Dietz looks the goods in his first NRL game and will only get better if he gets picked in the squad I hope we have room for him, Anyway I was very happy with the win and even though it was just a trial I feel that we have shown a vast improvement in our attack and defense from the last couple of years and also our fitness, to suggest we will be a real threat to the competition this year and also we have a some good depth to cover injuries and keep all the players on their toes and looking over their shoulders and make sure they put in 100% effort, Congratulations to TBAZ & the boys, good start to the season.
And last but not least Sutton is still a C@&T and I hope he doesn't get to Referee to many of our games this year or we are doomed.
Meaney did nothing wrong all game, just limited opportunity like most. said all off season that he and Cotric could build a pretty solid combination.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. Meaney
3. Averillo
4. Cotric
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flannigan
8. Jackson
9. Dietz
I thought he should have been fullback last year.And From the end of last season I thought Meaney should be fullback for the 2021 season . . . Until today.

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allen
2. Meaney
3. Averillo
4. Cotric
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flannigan
8. Jackson
9. Dietz
Oh!, By the way what terrible bloody jersey's they we're wearing, JAC would have looked right at home in that Jersey they looked more like the Melbourne storm rather than The Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, What's happened to our Royal Blue? it's fading away to a purple, I hope these are a one of and not our regular away jersey , ( YUK )

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought he should have been fullback last year.And From the end of last season I thought Meaney should be fullback for the 2021 season . . . Until today.
I agree, I think Meaney has good hands and is very safe under the high ball, he also has great speed and a great understanding of the position he is playing , weather it be fullback or winger, and his defense is pretty solid as well and last year I also would have had him in the fullback position, But in saying that It's great to have Allen at fullback now, he showed a lot of confidence today in defense and attack, and I think next year when JAC arrives we will have 3 floating fullbacks in the back line and lots of speed and safe hands in attack.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure 2nd rate opposition , but best 20mins of dummy half work we’ve seen since Cook left. Play him 14 to find his feet for a while , then......
I’d definitely play him at 14
He won’t have the space and time if he starts
Stuck with jmk for first 30 then deitz can come on
Deitz also had reserve graders around him too
If you add him to our full strength side he may also go to another level

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, I think Meaney has good hands and is very safe under the high ball, he also has great speed and a great understanding of the position he is playing , weather it be fullback or winger, and his defense is pretty solid as well and last year I also would have had him in the fullback position, But in saying that It's great to have Allen at fullback now, he showed a lot of confidence today in defense and attack, and I think next year when JAC arrives we will have 3 floating fullbacks in the back line and lots of speed and safe hands in attack.
I liked the way he would hunt around for offloads when he was fb too he had good instincts in that respect. I still wouldn’t mind Meaney at Fb Allan on the wing and Averillo at centre instead of Hoppa. Hoppa would never lose us a game , but by the same token, he will never win us a game from there either.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney is a weak cream puff whom brings nothing but speed to the team
Gets absolutely man handled every run
Runs more sideways than forwards
Doesn’t put his body on the line or ever pins ears back into a collision
Can’t bring down his opp winger and his carry back from kicks are mundane

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Meaney is a weak cream puff whom brings nothing but speed to the team
Gets absolutely man handled every run
Runs more sideways than forwards
Doesn’t put his body on the line or ever pins ears back into a collision
Can’t bring down his opp winger and his carry back from kicks are mundane
It’s your right to have an opinion and also your right for that opinion to be wrong. And I believe you’ve exercised those rights successfully.