What did you think of the game ? we just found our new hooker ?

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Dietz is not a long term solution, but maybe the best of our stop-gap hookers.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Meaney did nothing wrong in the game. However wingers in the modern game are strike weapons, able to find try line through a strong defensive lines, act as a destructive extra forward when needed. I just don't see this Meaney.
I like Meaney. But he has no power. He isnt an attacking weapon. He certainly isnt on Allen's level for FB. I dont remember him having opportunites with the ball in hand near the try line Yesterday. I think he was good defensively. That near try DWZ off Allan's pass, if that was Meaney that didnt score instead of DWZ, Meaney would still be copping a flogging on here for it. DWZ, nothing said because it wasn't really on any way.
I feel Meaney would make a good reserve grader. We need the side to move to the next level which I believe will happen over the next 12 months therefore he wont be part of that plan.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think people are being a bit hard on Meaney. He wasn't sensational by any means, but that was largely due to lack of opportunity.
Swapping him and Cotric in defence has merit, but it dulls Meaney's attacking game. Give him more time.
I was also very impressed by the effort of Hetherington. He is the goods.

kungfuman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most people believe both DWZ and Meaney need to go and many are of the same opinion about Hopa. We couldn't win a comp with any of these 3 in our backline. Okunbor will come into the side when recovered. Maybe bring Schoupp in now and push Hopa to the wing like someone else suggested. Hopa's too slow in both attack and in D to play centre. Offers nothing really. DWZ too unreliable. Meaney's too weak. He can't make any ground which is half of his job as a winger from kick returns etc. He gets pushed back just about every time he takes a carry (actually loses metres)
Hoppa on the wing? yeah right!

Mackdoggies

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Schoupp and wakeham for me were very ordinary,I misssd the 20 odd minutes that deitz was on the field,my son told me he played very well,and has a better passing game than jmk or katoa.
Schoupp was ordinary but you missed the 20 mins when Dietz was on? That’s when Schoupp was on and played really well....

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So this year’s lower grade saviour is Dietz? We always seem to have a winger that everybody hates and it seems DWZ has taken on that mantle.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
So this year’s lower grade saviour is Dietz? We always seem to have a winger that everybody hates and it seems DWZ has taken on that mantle.
Well he has this season to prove everybody wrong. I can't see that happening, and I'm sure the Dogs have his money earmarked for JAC. Off to the West Tigers I would think.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well he has this season to prove everybody wrong. I can't see that happening, and I'm sure the Dogs have his money earmarked for JAC. Off to the West Tigers I would think.
If you are referring to DWZ I'm pretty sure he got an extension and won't be off-contract until 2022 so we’d have both guys on our books at least for a year.
I'm not sure what decision what worse between extending DWZ or signing Napa at all

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly right.
I still recall us beating Penrith in a trial match a few years ago and the were some ecploded loads over JMK.
And now look,
Everyone wants him sacked.
I still recall us beating XXXXXXX a few years ago and the were some exploded loads over YYYYYY.
And now look, everyone wants him sacked

Fixed it for you, insert name as applicable, could apply to hundreds of players, that's how TK roles.

Go Dogs

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Anyone thinking a footy club supporter site would be any different has rocks in their head.

You have a glaring deficiency in the team and a new player comes along and has a good game in that position-fans get excited.

You have a player who isn't performing-fans turn on him.

TK no different to any other NRL fan base, Cricket, NBL, Manchester, Liverpool, etc.

NRL fans more critical bc you have non-performing players taking good money out of your precious salary cap and then it gets critical that you can't compete with the top teams.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Exactly right.
I still recall us beating Penrith in a trial match a few years ago and the were some ecploded loads over JMK.

And now look,
Everyone wants him sacked.
If he held that form, they'd still be doing that :grinning:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone thinking a footy club supporter site would be any different has rocks in their head.

You have a glaring deficiency in the team and a new player comes along and has a good game in that position-fans get excited.

You have a player who isn't performing-fans turn on him.

TK no different to any other NRL fan base, Cricket, NBL, Manchester, Liverpool, etc.

NRL fans more critical bc you have non-performing players taking good money out of your precious salary cap and then it gets critical that you can't compete with the top teams.
Everyone has a different opinion of this player and that player and that is the beauty of "an opinion". Nothing set in concrete, simply a point of view based on the way that particular person interprets what they saw. Diversity is a nice thing and if everyone thought the same and said the same what a boring old conversation that would be.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Everyone has a different opinion of this player and that player and that is the beauty of "an opinion". Nothing set in concrete, simply a point of view based on the way that particular person interprets what they saw. Diversity is a nice thing and if everyone thought the same and said the same what a boring old conversation that would be.
Exactly Dogluva.

I can't understand why posters critisise other fans.

Yes people praise players you mightn't.
Others bag players you wouldn't then others carry on saying it's only a trial.

If the player plays well in a trial isn't that a good thing for the player AND the club AND the coach...why put provisos on it. He has put himself out there and into the mix. Now its up to him, and the coach, to try and further his NRL career.

If a player doesn't hold form then they are going to get bagged no matter if they play for Tigers, Titans who ever....but the difference is the better teams get their players playing their best...or get better players...we aren't quite there yet.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric was on wing today and Meaney on centre’s. Which suggests to me Burton at 5/8 and Averillo in centres
Cotric was only on the wing in defence, he played centre in attack and did fuck all apart from running over the sideline....

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we need Meaney's speed as the rest of our backline is slow as fuck!
he very rarely makes errors unlike DWZ.
the only thing you can really bag him on is that he is small and gets overpowered but if he is used properly he is a weapon!
Cotric, DWZ and Hoppa need to be the ones taking the big runs at the start of our sets not Meaney.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
BULLSHIT! you must be joking, the guy can handle, fullback, winger or center positions and don't forget his a pretty handy goal kicker as well he's pulled of some good solid tackles, if you watched the game today you would have seen a great ball and tackle by him 10metres out from the line, he's got safe hands under the high ball, when he has the opportunity he pins his ears back and has great speed, he sticks to his wing in defense unlike DWZ on the other wing who let to 2 identical trys in on his wing today by being out of position & dropping the ball for a knock on in his own quarter and running 60mtrs sideways across the field the passing it to force our player into touch, Meaney did nothing wrong today so who do you prefer on the wing? well it doesn't matter because I think you'll find that TBAZ will stick with Meaney
Thank you! glad someone else is talking sense!

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hetherington was awesome! so was Ogden, he was belting them in defence love the aggression from these 2.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
2. Okunbor 3. Hoppa 1. Allen 4. Cotric 5. Dwz
6. Averillo 7. Flanno
8. Thompson 9. Jmk 10. Atoni
11. Rfm 13. Jackson 12. Elliot
14. Deitz 15. Hetherington 16. Napa 17. Ogden
The strongest 17 we can field this year imo. Then 22 Jac replaces whoevers worse out of dwz or okunbor. Schoupp replaces hoppa burton 5.8 avo takes 14 with deitz at 9 if we dont grab a top hooker.