What did you think of the game ? we just found our new hooker ?

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope I'm wrong but Dietz has played NSW Cup for 4-5 years. His 20 minutes tonight was against that level. Even a fit Katoa was ordinary and i was hopeful for him. Next??
Damien Cook was a similar age when he cemented a spot at Souths. Not saying he’s going to be our saviour but wouldn’t give up hope either. With the right coaching he might be better than JMK and Katoa.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
1. Allan
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hop
5. Meaneys shit help
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan
8. Hetho
9. Deitz
10. Ogden
11. Elliott
12. Rfm
13. Jackson
14. Naps
15. Thompson
16. Doorey
17. Schupp
18. Atoni
19. Wakes
Struggling to put together this line up cos there’s too much QUALITY in this squad to
Not succeed

go dogs

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Cotric was on wing today and Meaney on centre’s. Which suggests to me Burton at 5/8 and Averillo in centres

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Plenty of new faces have come into our squad it will take some time to form combinations and for the squad to settle in.I couldn’t watch the game but the two tries down that edge are a worry.simple defence really,both tries identical.
I’m sure Barrett will
Make some adjustments by round one. I’d be happy after the first six weeks of the comp to have two wins and then kick on a little after that as match fitness will be better and hopefully some good combinations have formed,both in attack and defence.
They actually werent identical at all. The first try started on the right edge, made its way to the left and found numbers. The second try was directly off a scrum, mid field, 10m out. The second was particularly disapointing. It was a poor read and poor game management, whereas the first try we were just too stretched to recover.
All things said, our left edge was attacked relentlessly, and im confident we will be better with RFM there.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sure 2nd rate opposition , but best 20mins of dummy half work we’ve seen since Cook left. Play him 14 to find his feet for a while , then......
2nd rate opposition? That was basically their best squad available only missing S Johnson. How’s that second rate?

jpneves

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll wait to judge say round 3-4
I think we are a massive chance rd 1 against the knights. The new buys played well play the ball was quicker middle third I think we dominated but today showed we still do have some silly errors. The right side has been our ‘Achilles heel’ for years! Wadell played right edge so does RFM come back on that side or will Elliot be dropped for RFM to be on the left? Flanagan went ok and (the referee who we will not name) continually let Graham hit him late.
We still look lost in the opposition 30 just shifting left to right then back left
I couldn’t understand why for a lot of sets we took the stupid 4th tackle ‘settler’ play from Hethrington now instead of Tolman? Hethrington played solid with a lot of carry’s
Allen looks safe at the back and solid with a pass. Cotric broke a lot of tackles and good post contact metres.
Deitz was up against nsw cup opppostion and one break I don’t know why he kicked it when could have kept in hand?
katoa was average tonight
As I said would wait a few rounds and see if Barrett doesn’t have a ‘clique’ and keeps blokes in first grade due to form

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Cotric was on wing today and Meaney on centre’s. Which suggests to me Burton at 5/8 and Averillo in centres
From what I seen cotric dropped to the wing on the last tackle in defence, but in attack he played in the centre’s...

maybe Barrett wants to use his runs of a kick for good metres to start the sets.

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I’m an instant Dietz fan. Accurate jet like passing game, vision and electrifying speed. Give him the 9 IMO. Way better than what we have. He’s quick between the ears. That’s what we need. Don’t care if a bit of weaker opposition was on at the time. He looks up and plays what’s in front of him.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deitz needs to be promoted immediately ahead of Kotoa (f..king average again today) and JMK who we know is average also. He showed more potential in 20 mins than JMK has in 2 season with us.

Was very concerning at certain aspects of today's game.

Atoni, Ogden and Hetherington all good.

Elliott very average except for his try. Jackson pretty good in defence and still a workhorse, Needs to stay a lock.

Hopoate is just so f..ing average. He's like the Tolman of our backline. Offers nothing really in attack or defence. I'd rather Schoupp ahead of him although he didn't do much also. We really need Staggs it seems and someone like Ryan Matterson in the forwards. to add a bit of spark.

Flanagan was okay but made a few mistakes, same with Waddell

Lewis shit again in attack. Constantly makes wrong decisions.

Wakeham was shit again in attack. Had 2 players on 1 defender outside him near the Sharks line and he decides to kick. Has no idea as a playmaker.

The new prop who used to play for the Sharks and Tigers seems okay.

The massive kid prop for the Sharks shows there's still a place in the game for monster forwards. Wish we had one.

Wade Graham is still a massive bully f..king big mouth dickhead.
Agree....we lack a monster forward.......I think our go forward was really lacking and we really lacked spark out wide....Hopoate is so pedestrian....we desperately need another strike centre

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m an instant Dietz fan. Accurate jet like passing game, vision and electrifying speed. Give him the 9 IMO. Way better than what we have. He’s quick between the ears. That’s what we need. Don’t care if a bit of weaker opposition was on at the time. He looks up and plays what’s in front of him.
Can he be added to our top 30? Is there a spot for him?

Rockdog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Let me say this to all the negative nellys out there.
Although that was a trial, a win is a win. With a lot of new faces here at the dogs, that is a mile stone ticked off. Pretty sure we had a lot more missing than Cronulla, and not to mention our club has basically started from scratch through players, coaching staff and our board. A trial yes but a big night for us Bulldogs.
We have achieved now, starting our season with a winning feeling. It’s massive for us to get the W tonight. Well done doggies.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Allan
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Hop
5. Meaneys shit help
6. Averillo
7. Flanagan
8. Hetho
9. Deitz
10. Ogden
11. Elliott
12. Rfm
13. Jackson
14. Naps
15. Thompson
16. Doorey
17. Schupp
18. Atoni
19. Wakes
Struggling to put together this line up cos there’s too much QUALITY in this squad to
Not succeed

go dogs
Fuk Meaney gets dominated....he needs to go at the end of the year

Woofwoof1980

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
why is no one talking about our shit right side defense? poor reads.... DWZ fuck me... drops the ball cold straight up then get scored on twice shortly after. What is going on with him how did he go from being so good at the end of 2019 to complete and utter shit in the space of 1 season?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You’d really like to see Dietz start in reggies and if he’s good enough he will bash the door down and demand selection. He looked sharp and looks to have natural attacking instincts but we need to see it on a regular basis before getting carried away.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Deitz only had room to move because lewis was there to take the attention from def away from him.

I thought it was good for first hit out. Normally wed see more mistakes in trials. We must have done a few things right to spend that much time in opps half. Reasons for us not to score more imo because of execution and last play option but thats expected for a trial.