What are some memories of your wonder years?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh pools were a pretty big status symbol when i was growing up. If you had a pool, you had lots of friends. My next door neighbours had a pool and i hated them for it privately but sucked up to them to get a swim. My parents got a pool the year after i moved out of home the *****.
You don't want to have yoir own pool though, there is the cost and time involved in maintenance and all the freeloaders hanging around.

But you do want easy access to someone else's pool... (which i had in high school).

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
You don't want to have yoir own pool though, there is the cost and time involved in maintenance and all the freeloaders hanging around.

But you do want easy access to someone else's pool... (which i had in high school).
The last place i lived in had a pool and it pissed me off, i spent more time cleaning it than swimming in it lol. You see shit different as a kid lol. The magic cleaning fairies cleaned pools when i was a kid.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The last place i lived in had a pool and it pissed me off, i spent more time cleaning it than swimming in it lol. You see shit different as a kid lol. The magic cleaning fairies cleaned pools when i was a kid.
A friend of mi e put in a small plunge pool. Its about 3m x 3m and he just uses it to cool off after a long day (it gets to over 45 degrees where he lives). I like the idea of that.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
A friend of mi e put in a small plunge pool. Its about 3m x 3m and he just uses it to cool off after a long day (it gets to over 45 degrees where he lives). I like the idea of that.
Sounds low maintenance. My kind of pool lol.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
The problem with those pools is they heat up pretty fast lol. It's more like a hot tub.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The problem with those pools is they heat up pretty fast lol. It's more like a hot tub.
My pool is 7x4m pebblecrete summer its a hot bath it hit 36.6 in feb fucking great when a cold southerly blows over but usless to cool down in summer

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In my pre high school years it was all about Atari 2600, spokey dokeys, corduroy pants at church, Run DMC, Koko B Ware, garbage pale kids cards, breakdancing on cardboard, British Knights, snorks, peanut slabs, badging cars, golden axe, scalextrix racing cars, big wheelers, bonfires, redlines and tadpoles

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
In my pre high school years it was all about Atari 2600, spokey dokeys, corduroy pants at church, Run DMC, Koko B Ware, garbage pale kids cards, breakdancing on cardboard, British Knights, snorks, peanut slabs, badging cars, golden axe, scalextrix racing cars, big wheelers, bonfires, redlines and tadpoles
Gee's Nate, you pretty much just summarised the average Aussie boy growing up in the 80s and 90s lol.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have 2 copies of golden axe in box with instructions

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
Waterworks at Mt Druitt

Desert Boots.

Fights at the train station after school

Playing handball at recess and lunch time

Never dropping a turd at high school. Doors were always ripped off their hinges and were never repaired.

Fuckers in high school spitting on the corridor ceilings. Big, chunky back of the throat gobs. And they'd hang there for hours and drop on an unsuspecting person.

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
And riding our pushbikes through the stormwater drains including the darkies.

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I remember walking into Maccas one day and ordering a Big Mac and getting this poor excuse for a burger and saying "Where's the rest of my burger?"

Taking the Mrs to America next year for a holiday and I've told her that the first thing I'm doing is going to Maccas and getting a real big mac.
Careful man... they may be bigger but the meat tastes like crap. Honestly I took 1 bit of a cheeseburger over there & snapped a tooth, had to throw the rest of it out the meat was like concrete!!!

I miss the days of being able ride your bike anywhere you wanted and not have to worry about stranger danger and the good old knock & run. Lighting a bag of dog poo on fire on someones porch & copping a good whack from my parents for doing all that stuff. Pussy kids these days would be all depressed & need to see a counsellor if they copped even half the smacks I copped from my parents all of which were thoroughly deserved & I still managed to turn out all right (at least I like to think I did!!!)

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score

Don't forget some prick stealing your redline with pegs when chained up whilst you were playing sonic on a mega drive at the gamesman..

That Shiz is 90,s as fuck.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You forgot Jordan's, keppers and football/basketball cards.

Stinky Wizzleteats

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
A mate of mine sold his collection of Nintendo Game & Watch for hundreds of dollars each.