What are some memories of your wonder years?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Leaving your computer running overnight while downloading music/movies.

Used to take a whole week sometimes to download movies lol
I know, I never tried lol. I just stuck it out with 20 painful minutes of getting the songs I wanted lol. If I had a laptop it would've probably been a different story, but with only 50 internet hours per month (yes, remember those days lol), it's not something I would do.

Malla

Reaction score
I know, I never tried lol. I just stuck it out with 20 painful minutes of getting the songs I wanted lol. If I had a laptop it would've probably been a different story, but with only 50 internet hours per month (yes, remember those days lol), it's not something I would do.
The good old days. Actually used to walk into a music store and purchase music - a lot more satisfying ripping it open out the plastic.

Wahesh

Reaction score
I remember that. Back in the mid-late 90s, buying a cd single was something like $9.00 (albums were $30.00). Then one day when I was in Campsie Centre, we checked out this new shop that opened up, and they were selling them for $7.95. Everyone went crazy and started going there LOL. These days, people wouldn’t even look at that. They’d either buy something from iTunes for $0.99 or download it somewhere else for free lol.

Makes you appreciate the 90s more.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
watching the wonder years back in the day was truly wonderous

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yesterday i left work got half cut at lunch went back to work for an hr or so, went back to the pub, went back to work to clock out then back to the pub :D

A

Alexander the Great

I remember that. Back in the mid-late 90s, buying a cd single was something like $9.00 (albums were $30.00). Then one day when I was in Campsie Centre, we checked out this new shop that opened up, and they were selling them for $7.95. Everyone went crazy and started going there LOL. These days, people wouldn’t even look at that. They’d either buy something from iTunes for $0.99 or download it somewhere else for free lol.

Makes you appreciate the 90s more.
Was this the music shop on the lower level that wad all red and black theme? Pretty sure i bought the ma$e album from there.

A

Alexander the Great

yesterday i left work got half cut at lunch went back to work for an hr or so, went back to the pub, went back to work to clock out then back to the pub :D
Very standard for the goverment worker bro.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Was this the music shop on the lower level that wad all red and black theme? Pretty sure i bought the ma$e album from there.
Yep that's the one - next to the fruit shop. The owner was a blonde lady who looked like the tennis player Mary Pierce lol.

Wahesh

Reaction score
You know, I remember the mobile phones of the late 90s, early 00s. Todays phones are nothing but the same soulless static thing rolling off the assembly line. Back in the days, they had colour, heart, shape, and their own style.

Even some companies that you wouldn't have though made mobile phones did actually make mobile phones, such a Mitsubishi.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
You know, I remember the mobile phones of the late 90s, early 00s. Todays phones are nothing but the same soulless static thing rolling off the assembly line. Back in the days, they had colour, heart, shape, and their own style.

Even some companies that you wouldn't have though made mobile phones did actually make mobile phones, such a Mitsubishi.
I'm trying to pick an old school Nokia to make into my transplant hotline lol

Maybe an 8210 or something like that. would love an 8855 or even an 8850

Wahesh

Reaction score
Oh man, I fell in love with the 8850 after first seeing the B-Boys Fly Girls video clip from Bomfunk MCs ;) :tearsofjoy: