What are some memories of your wonder years?

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Pissing off teachers in high school. In certain classes you could get away with it. Some classes did not count towards the atar HSC so you'd end up with alot of characters in those classes who did not take it seriously while the other kids would be doing 10 unit maths.

In an english class (which didn't count towards atar) we had to prepare a power point presentation about a major Australian event. So I did a report on the Chaser's War On Everything APEC stunt where one of the guys dressed up as Bin Laden and breached security. Played some of the footage in front of the class and showed pictures along with a detailed speech about the Police charges against them. Got plenty of laughs but the teacher was not impressed lol

Someone else in the same class did a report on Corey Worthington's infamous party and he photoshopped a pic of himself at that party taken from a news report and claimed he went to the party. The teacher was so pissed and face palmed when the whole class clapped him for his presentation.

Some dopey asian guy in woodwork class disassembled the drill press for some reason because he couldn't figure out how to clamp his job down to the platform. The teacher was out of class and he walked back in to find the drill press in disarray, he then slammed his hand on a table and yelled "YOU BOYS GIMME THE SHITS!" and stormed out of the class

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Who remembers this thing... the Nintendo Watch lol...

Then there's this too...

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I remember downloading songs on Napster - sometimes it would take all night for one song!
Haha mine took hours just to connect to the Internet. I also remember the days of having to go to the library & looking at encyclopaedias for your assessments cause there was no internet

Wahesh

Reaction score
I remember downloading songs on Napster - sometimes it would take all night for one song!
I remember a few songs I downloaded in one night using a 56k modem... Ashanti - Foolish, Christina Milian - From AM to PM and Ja Rule - Always on Time. I felt so good when midnight approached on that cold Saturday night and I had 3 new songs in my collection :tearsofjoy:

Wahesh

Reaction score
Haha mine took hours just to connect to the Internet. I also remember the days of having to go to the library & looking at encyclopaedias for your assessments cause there was no internet
You mean... no google ;)

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
28.8kbps modem. Bbs. News groups. Mp3. Icq. Irc. Bootleg movies in ASF/mpeg format.
VCD king format... Starcraft, "ASL" in Chat, playing school games which were mostly Lebs Vs Aussies, Train to Belmore, Junior footy with McDonald's vouchers for Man of the Match.
28.8kbps modem. Bbs. News groups. Mp3. Icq. Irc. Bootleg movies in ASF/mpeg format.

Wahesh

Reaction score
VCD king format... Starcraft, "ASL" in Chat, playing school games which were mostly Lebs Vs Aussies, Train to Belmore, Junior footy with McDonald's vouchers for Man of the Match.
All the good things that todays kids are deprived of lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Walking barefoot 20 miles (that's 32kms for you whipper-snappers) to school in the snow, after getting up before i had gone to bed to milk the cows. Then when i got to school I would be given the cane 20 times just because I was Irish.

You soft kids have no idea with your video games and internets.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Walking barefoot 20 miles (that's 32kms for you whipper-snappers) to school in the snow, after getting up before i had gone to bed to milk the cows. Then when i got to school I would be given the cane 20 times just because I was Irish.

You soft kids have no idea with your video games and internets.
There's no way something like that would happen in Austraia, because...

(A) We use the term km, no idea why an isolated part of Australia would use the term miles
(B) Even in the country, walking 32kms to get to school... seriously? That's impossible to do unless you walk for like 7-8 hours non-stop
(C) Barefoot?
(D) Getting up before going to bed... wtf???

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
There's no way something like that would happen in Austraia, because...

(A) We use the term km, no idea why an isolated part of Australia would use the term miles
(B) Even in the country, walking 32kms to get to school... seriously? That's impossible to do unless you walk for like 7-8 hours non-stop
(C) Barefoot?
(D) Getting up before going to bed... wtf???
a) Before the 1970s we used miles. Australia did not fully adopt the metric system until mid 80s.
b) It took several hours, but we weren't dropped off by mummy at the gate like the soft lazy kids are these days.
c) We were poor. No need to rub it in.
d) There was no time for sleep when I was a boy.

HTH.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember a few songs I downloaded in one night using a 56k modem... Ashanti - Foolish, Christina Milian - From AM to PM and Ja Rule - Always on Time. I felt so good when midnight approached on that cold Saturday night and I had 3 new songs in my collection :tearsofjoy:
Lol. Worse feeling was when the song had finally downloaded and then it was a different song

Wahesh

Reaction score
Lol. Worse feeling was when the song had finally downloaded and then it was a different song
I always used to make maximum use from the preview feature :D

Wahesh

Reaction score
Pissing off teachers in high school. In certain classes you could get away with it. Some classes did not count towards the atar HSC so you'd end up with alot of characters in those classes who did not take it seriously while the other kids would be doing 10 unit maths.

In an english class (which didn't count towards atar) we had to prepare a power point presentation about a major Australian event. So I did a report on the Chaser's War On Everything APEC stunt where one of the guys dressed up as Bin Laden and breached security. Played some of the footage in front of the class and showed pictures along with a detailed speech about the Police charges against them. Got plenty of laughs but the teacher was not impressed lol

Someone else in the same class did a report on Corey Worthington's infamous party and he photoshopped a pic of himself at that party taken from a news report and claimed he went to the party. The teacher was so pissed and face palmed when the whole class clapped him for his presentation.

Some dopey asian guy in woodwork class disassembled the drill press for some reason because he couldn't figure out how to clamp his job down to the platform. The teacher was out of class and he walked back in to find the drill press in disarray, he then slammed his hand on a table and yelled "YOU BOYS GIMME THE SHITS!" and stormed out of the class
@GoTheDoggies we did something similar (except back in my days it was the UAI lol).

In study periods none of the kids would be quiet. It was pretty much a social period talking about whatever, no one used to study. There was one of our mates who had a laptop instead of notebook. He used to put videos on and people used to gather around his laptop and watch them :tearsofjoy:

Good times. He had a pretty good laptop too.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
@GoTheDoggies we did something similar (except back in my days it was the UAI lol).

In study periods none of the kids would be quiet. It was pretty much a social period talking about whatever, no one used to study. There was one of our mates who had a laptop instead of notebook. He used to put videos on and people used to gather around his laptop and watch them :tearsofjoy:

Good times. He had a pretty good laptop too.
Watch "videos" ;)

Wahesh

Reaction score
Watch "videos" ;)
That plus legitimate videos. This was before the days of YouTube. He put the Holly Valance video of Kiss Kiss... all the boys would've fapped to that LMAO.

Malla

Reaction score
Leaving your computer running overnight while downloading music/movies.

Used to take a whole week sometimes to download movies lol