What are some memories of your wonder years?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I used to faux volounteer @ Mt Panorama for the Bathurst races when I was tweenager.

Step 1. Apply for any volounteer work that gives you an over the pits pass.

Step 2. Goto Orientation day and receive Volunteer uniforms, meal vouchers and 4 day over the pit pass worth $500

Step 3. Turn up in Civilian clothes, avoid the legit volunteers and offer to be a beer wench for drunk ***** and get shouted all weekend cause Im a funny ****.

One year I met 2 Kiwi's, a police officer and an aeronautical engineer. They seemed like straight up and down folks but I suspected they may have been bullshitting me. The NZ cop trying to chat up my chick friend's (we were 15) made me suspicious.

But they were loaded and were giving me $50 every hour minumum to goto the beer tent for them and get them 2 JDs each and get myself 1 as well. They told me I could keep the change $20-something.

I had no intentions of sticking around, just a quick beer or two and then head off to find some other mates.

After I had gotten them a couple of rounds I had made an easy $50 and decided that I would surprise the kiwis by turning up a few hours later with a few packs of smokes from the Peter Jackson tents ($5 bucks a pack) and 2 beers each.

They were fully impressed and had me stick with them for the next 2 days. I got a bit fucked up on the Saturday night before the big race so they let me crash in their hired campervan and the engineer bought me $100 Holden jacket the next morning because it was cold as fuck.

After the race was done with we continued pissing up a few hours into darkness and by that time people had started burning out the cars they bought on top and bottom of the Mount.

They packed all their shit into the camper and we took off for a lap around the Mt in the camper with 6 other strays. 9 in the camper.

The copper flogged the shit out the camper and gave it all he could and we flew through the dipper and the draws flung open with cutlery and vcr players and people flying everywhere lol.

They wanted a feed but had no cash because they had given it all to me and every ATM in town was bled dry so I gave them $100 back and went and got some pizzas then KFC drive thru where the cop again tried hitting on my 15 year old chick friend.

Two of the most generous, genuine and funny ***** I have ever had the pleasure of meeting and have some memories for life.
LMAO bro that sounds like an awesome memory.

For some reason though I'm not surprised that a kiwi cop tried hitting on your 15 year old friend lol.

How long ago was this?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
LMAO bro that sounds like an awesome memory.

For some reason though I'm not surprised that a kiwi cop tried hitting on your 15 year old friend lol.

How long ago was this?
Yeah mate it truly was. That would be 17 years ago. Partied like its 1999. And it was lol.

I moved from Bathurst to Brisbane a couple years later and passed on my knowledge to some new freinds and got us into the Gold Coast Indy for free, over the pits. Best scam that never hurt anyone but gave us great memories for life.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
One of my favourite things about being a teenager is most people never checked I.d's and because I was bigger than most adults I never really got hassled for I.D once I hit 15.
I even had older girls ask me to buy them cigarettes and alcohol

Wahesh

Reaction score
One of my favourite things about being a teenager is most people never checked I.d's and because I was bigger than most adults I never really got hassled for I.D once I hit 15.
I even had older girls ask me to buy them cigarettes and alcohol
That's one thing that I'll NEVER fall for. Girls always sponging off guys to buy them drinks then ditch them before the night is over.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
That's one thing that I'll NEVER fall for. Girls always sponging off guys to buy them drinks then ditch them before the night is over.
You think I used my own money? Lol like one of my friends used to say "lol you're Croatian you don't spend"

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I think that comment is more aimed at Indians and Greeks lol...
It's funny that cause my friend is half Greek.
But he is right if you ask me to go buy something my answer usually is "sure...where's the cash?"

Wahesh

Reaction score
It's funny that cause my friend is half Greek.
But he is right if you ask me to go buy something my answer usually is "sure...where's the cash?"
Yeah but that's the same with a lot of people mate. I mean if I'm going to spend like $5 on something for family while I'm heading down to Coles, then I couldn't care less lol.

I find that Indians are very bad though. They worship their money more than they worship Ganesh - and that's bad!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
i also remember when you could buy a bag of leaf n tip for $10 and go dutchies in the car. -_- ~~~~~@_____>

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
i also remember when you could buy a bag of leaf n tip for $10 and go dutchies in the car. -_- ~~~~~@_____>
Bahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha
Yep and when you bought a foil youd have to dry the shit yourself problem was half the time you would be to bent to remember there was another $25 under the grill turning to ash

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Bahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaha
Yep and when you bought a foil youd have to dry the shit yourself problem was half the time you would be to bent to remember there was another $25 under the grill turning to ash
pmsl. man that leaf shit used to give me headaches. that was until i got a job and started buying hydge. mulling it up was half the fun.

i very rarely smoke these days, but i fukken still love the smell of fresh bud. its heaven....

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
When big macs where big and served in Styrofoam goodness
The big macs were actually big
I remember walking into Maccas one day and ordering a Big Mac and getting this poor excuse for a burger and saying "Where's the rest of my burger?"

Taking the Mrs to America next year for a holiday and I've told her that the first thing I'm doing is going to Maccas and getting a real big mac.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
pmsl. man that leaf shit used to give me headaches. that was until i got a job and started buying hydge. mulling it up was half the fun.

i very rarely smoke these days, but i fukken still love the smell of fresh bud. its heaven....
I smoked so much of the shit when I was younger that I actually developed an allergy to it. Now if I smoke it I see weird shit and have been told that there's a good chance that it could turn me schizophrenic like several others in my family. I'm already crazy enough and have the Mrs constantly whinging at me. I don't need any more voices in my head.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Lucky you.

I grew up in the bush and we only had 2 channels - ABC and this 9/7 hybrid type station.

So growing up no x files or Simpsons (the two shows the cool kids whose parents paid for the big antenna could get on 10 used to talk about)
You grew up without the simpsons? How are u still alive lol?

When i was a teenager the world revolved around arcade games (im talking space invaders era) and nintendo game and watches (i still have 7 of those). And girls and alcohol and pretty much any substance that fucked me up. I was lucky to live through my teens lol.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Cracker Night!

Best night of the year for a young kid. I remember every year getting "throw downs" and pegging them on all the tin roofs of the old bags in the neighbourhood...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
You grew up without the simpsons? How are u still alive lol?

When i was a teenager the world revolved around arcade games (im talking space invaders era) and nintendo game and watches (i still have 7 of those). And girls and alcohol and pretty much any substance that fucked me up. I was lucky to live through my teens lol.
I had a mate who had all the cool things geowing up. He had a pool, pool table, the best computer, and was tge first person i knew who got foxtel (austar) and had the big tv antenna to get channel 10 from Canberra (over 300km away). So i used to go to his house a lot.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I had a mate who had all the cool things geowing up. He had a pool, pool table, the best computer, and was tge first person i knew who got foxtel (austar) and had the big tv antenna to get channel 10 from Canberra (over 300km away). So i used to go to his house a lot.
Yeh pools were a pretty big status symbol when i was growing up. If you had a pool, you had lots of friends. My next door neighbours had a pool and i hated them for it privately but sucked up to them to get a swim. My parents got a pool the year after i moved out of home the *****.