• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marto

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
Gave up on fishing after living in airlie beach for a while nothing compares to that goodness
Hey mate just got the green paper on the rec fishing in QLD. Reading it now. They are proposing, among other things, annual licences for rec anglers like they do in NSW. great idea when you consider the money raised will surely go back into purchasing some (not all) commercial licences back and for setting up more net free zones, and infrastructure upgrades (boat ramps, access, etc).

I currently live in Mackay and yes Whitsundays has awesome fishing. My question to you is does a license in NSW cover you and your children, or do your kids need a licence as well?

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey mate just got the green paper on the rec fishing in QLD. Reading it now. They are proposing, among other things, annual licences for rec anglers like they do in NSW. great idea when you consider the money raised will surely go back into purchasing some (not all) commercial licences back and for setting up more net free zones, and infrastructure upgrades (boat ramps, access, etc).

I currently live in Mackay and yes Whitsundays has awesome fishing. My question to you is does a license in NSW cover you and your children, or do your kids need a licence as well?
Lol no idea i think they are individually a few bucks a year haven't bought one in years i just go barefoot and pretend im aboriginal if questioned

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The fees are:

• $7 for three days
  • $14 for one month
  • $35 for one year
  • $85 for three years
You are required to pay the NSW recreational fishing fee to fish in fresh and salt water in the state unless you are:
  1. under the age of 18
  2. an adult assisting a person under the age of 18 to take a fish using a single rod or to take prawns using a single dip or scoop net
  3. a person fishing in a private dam with a surface area of two hectares or less
  4. an Aboriginal person
  5. the holder of a:
    • current Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink
    • current Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs
    • Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Treatment Card endorsed "Totally and Permanently Incapacitated"(TPI)
    • Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Treatment Card endorsed "Extreme Disablement Adjustment" (EDA)
    • letter from the Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs stating that the person receive a disability pension of 70 per cent or higher, or an intermediate pension.

A

Alexander the Great

85 for 3 years is the winner. Dont have to worry about it for a while

Marto

Waterboy
Gilded
Reaction score
The fees are:

• $7 for three days
  • $14 for one month
  • $35 for one year
  • $85 for three years
You are required to pay the NSW recreational fishing fee to fish in fresh and salt water in the state unless you are:
  1. under the age of 18
  2. an adult assisting a person under the age of 18 to take a fish using a single rod or to take prawns using a single dip or scoop net
  3. a person fishing in a private dam with a surface area of two hectares or less
  4. an Aboriginal person
  5. the holder of a:
    • current Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink
    • current Pensioner Concession Card issued by the Department of Veterans' Affairs
    • Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Treatment Card endorsed "Totally and Permanently Incapacitated"(TPI)
    • Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Treatment Card endorsed "Extreme Disablement Adjustment" (EDA)
    • letter from the Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs stating that the person receive a disability pension of 70 per cent or higher, or an intermediate pension.
Roger. Cheers for the info. Seems fair, but as usual, in qld we are so far behind the rest of the country and debate will rage for a while.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi Troops,

Thought id start a new thread about all things fishing... about to move to Bexley in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any good spots for a bit of beach fishing? Ive scoped a few beaches around cronulla that look ok from google but maybe someone here has a bit more detail for me?

Cheers

Get a boat and drop it @ yowie bay. Decent fish in the hacking. Land based is a waste of time.

Reactions: GDR
A

Alexander the Great

Get a boat and drop it @ yowie bay. Decent fish in the hacking. Land based is a waste of time.
Land based from the beach cant produce habs beg to differ sir....
Me and a mate pulled 4 monster jews from a beach spot.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Land based from the beach cant produce habs beg to differ sir....
Me and a mate pulled 4 monster jews from a beach spot.
In Sydney or in whoop whoop?

You can try off wanda beach or north cronulla and catch salmon. But its hit and miss.

Land based is fished out.

A

Alexander the Great

In Sydney or in whoop whoop?

You can try off wanda beach or north cronulla and catch salmon. But its hit and miss.

Land based is fished out.
Cooks river to be honest [emoji12]

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Cooks river to be honest [emoji12]
Cooks River jewies are a myth, fuck that! Some people swear by it, been there in the boat under the bridge at tempe, nothing. Dead.

A

Alexander the Great

Cooks River jewies are a myth, fuck that! Some people swear by it, been there in the boat under the bridge at tempe, nothing. Dead.
Gladsville bridge also. Everyone swear by a hole that monster jews sit in and ive never been able to pull one..
Illuminati habs [emoji30]

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Gladsville bridge also. Everyone swear by a hole that monster jews sit in and ive never been able to pull one..
Illuminati habs [emoji30]
Yeah its bullshit. Fished out. Anyways, take some pics if you get any legal ones. Welcome to Dragons territory. Heaps of dogs fans call it home.

A

Alexander the Great

Yeah its bullshit. Fished out. Anyways, take some pics if you get any legal ones. Welcome to Dragons territory. Heaps of dogs fans call it home.
Ill be sure to put the the colours up next weekend when we move in. Hopefully the first weekend we belt thr Panthers to start the good luck run in the new hood

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I caught a 70cm Jew off garie and I've caught 4 +70cm kingies off the ovens (south whale beach).
For me, nothing beats rock fishing. Me vs nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.