Wetting the Line

• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexander the Great

You could always cheat and use a drone to cast a line out.

Seriously amazing stuff. Second one absolutely smashed it
Well, I was expecting to come in here and talk about getting another kind of line wet.
Kinda line I was thinking of starts at the lower back and ends around the front nether regions.

Thanks for getting my hopes up. Hope you all get snagged! :grinning:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Garie beach.
Probably the best beach fishing spot in Sydney.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I'm a mad keen fisherman, I live in Sydney west and I just drove to the sunshine coast to buy a boat last week , I almost drove 12 hours straight just to get back in time to watch the dogs game.. what a waste that was... I intend on forgetting this season with some serious fishing.. I need some live bait grounds in botany.. any ideas? I love botany because it only takes 30min to get there..

A

Alexander the Great

Hey guys I'm a mad keen fisherman, I live in Sydney west and I just drove to the sunshine coast to buy a boat last week , I almost drove 12 hours straight just to get back in time to watch the dogs game.. what a waste that was... I intend on forgetting this season with some serious fishing.. I need some live bait grounds in botany.. any ideas? I love botany because it only takes 30min to get there..
Exactly what i plan to do after the season is done.
Not sure about spots near botany but ive heard many good things about lilli pilli for solid live bait.

And to drive to qld for a boat i would def consider you mad for it.

The last time i went on a boat if had a few to drink the night before and git sea sick the next day. Worst feeling ever :rage:

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That looks the good brother. Wow!!
Whe the road/track like to it? Would i need a 4x4?
Nah, take sir betram Stevens drive through the royal national park and turn off onto garie rd. It's a fully sealed rd.
I reckon it's Sydney's most underrated beach. Shits all over bondi, cronulla and the like. I've got some mates who are lifeguards there.

A

Alexander the Great

Nah, take sir betram Stevens rd through the royal national park and turn off onto garie rd. It's a fully sealed rd.
I reckon it's Sydney's most underrated beach. Shits all over bondi, cronulla and the like. I've got some mates who are lifeguards there.
Thanks for that. Will have a crack no doubt

A

Alexander the Great

You need a 12ft rod, 20lb line, minimum 100g sinkers and 3/0-4/0 hooks. Minimum.
I have a fairy heavy set up at the moment.
Have just staryed using dogtooth braided line not bad at all.

Man i wish i was fishing and not at work at the moment mehh

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I have a fairy heavy set up at the moment.
Have just staryed using dogtooth braided line not bad at all.

Man i wish i was fishing and not at work at the moment mehh
I'm actually just about to go there. No fishing though, just takin the little fella for a play in the sand.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
So what does the fish smell like on the end of your rod?

(I'll let mysrlf out...)

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Exactly what i plan to do after the season is done.
Not sure about spots near botany but ive heard many good things about lilli pilli for solid live bait.

And to drive to qld for a boat i would def consider you mad for it.

The last time i went on a boat if had a few to drink the night before and git sea sick the next day. Worst feeling ever :rage:
lilli Pilli aye ?? ok that's not to far.. port hacking aint bad in summer time either... anywhere specific??

Well it was worth the drive, I got it for a steal .. you never get these deals in Sydney....

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Try the northen beaches if you don't wanna travel to far. North Narrabeen is a good spot near the lagoon. Gotta sus out the tides and moon phase if you wanna target jewies. As for samon & tailor, there's a shit load up that way. If you wanna travel south, try windang. Best times are weekdays as most places are packed out on weekends.
Windang is awesome nice quiet beach where not many people go & you get some good sized fish!!! Would definitely recommend it bout an hours drive from Bexley give or take!!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...436,151.206177,583m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

around where the dotted lines are, there should be a fair few yellow tail about. but be careful coz theres a channel there.

also be mindful of the tides, wind and chop around the bay. it can get nasty real quick if youre in a runabout/medium sized boat. time it so youre not fighting it on the way back.

good luck.

Reactions: GDR

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
https://www.google.com.au/maps/dir/...436,151.206177,583m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

around where the dotted lines are, there should be a fair few yellow tail about. but be careful coz theres a channel there.

also be mindful of the tides, wind and chop around the bay. it can get nasty real quick if youre in a runabout/medium sized boat. time it so youre not fighting it on the way back.

good luck.
that's awesome thanks heaps .. yeah ive been caught in bad weather in the bay before and it sucks ... I'm not a boating expert, so please forgive my ignorance, but why should I stay clear of the channel?? I know I need to stay clear of the bomboras near bare island

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
that's awesome thanks heaps .. yeah ive been caught in bad weather in the bay before and it sucks ... I'm not a boating expert, so please forgive my ignorance, but why should I stay clear of the channel?? I know I need to stay clear of the bomboras near bare island
all good bro.

i say be careful coz the ships pass right through there and theres a chance the guards will ask you to move along ;)

A

Alexander the Great

Post up some pics if you have anything solid next fish. Good luck

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
upload_2016-9-1_17-30-17.png

Caught this port Jackson shark there on the weekend, and I got busted off a few times, I only took light gear, because I was really only testing out the new boat ..

Status
Not open for further replies.