Wetting the Line

• Thread starter Alexander the Great
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alexander the Great

Hi Troops,

Thought id start a new thread about all things fishing... about to move to Bexley in a few weeks and was wondering if anyone had any good spots for a bit of beach fishing? Ive scoped a few beaches around cronulla that look ok from google but maybe someone here has a bit more detail for me?

Cheers

A

Alexander the Great

If your moving to bexley the hot spot is Tom ugly bridge lol
Yeah ive heard alot of people do fish from it but at least a beach spot you dont have to bump shoulders with 30 other people when trying to have a hit.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Taren Point - basically anything from Captain Cook bridge onward into the shire.

Cryptic Ghost

Sharmooderator
Reaction score
Got a boat by any chance.? With land based fishing at popular spots, you end up being shoulder to shoulder and having to deal with f@$kwits.

A

Alexander the Great

Got a boat by any chance.? With land based fishing at popular spots, you end up being shoulder to shoulder and having to deal with f@$kwits.
No boat bro just the good old fishing waders and beach set up.....

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Gave up on fishing after living in airlie beach for a while nothing compares to that goodness

A

Alexander the Great

You willing to travel outta sydney.? Plus, what kinda species are you intending on targeting.?
I normally do travel outta sydney every 2-3 weeks or so. I have a few beach spots near forster but that turns into a long weekend thing so mainly looking for a saturday afternoon/night session locally.
Normally with the beach i chase jews but dont mind the occasion big salmon or Choppa for a bit of a fight.
The jews are really a amazing fight..cant be beaten.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
its not beach but como bridge is a nice spot. granted its not always productive, but theres def over legal sized bream, some whiting and flatties around. taylor also in the winter. its never packed so you can set up a couple of rods and chairs. from memory, if you face north-west of the bridge theres a few holes around. prawns are popular but as we all know that goes before it even hits the floor lol. mullet goes alright too. if you get bored there, on the other side of the marina theres a jetty. heaps of bream around. try fishing a couple of hours either side of high tide.

Cryptic Ghost

Sharmooderator
Reaction score
I normally do travel outta sydney every 2-3 weeks or so. I have a few beach spots near forster but that turns into a long weekend thing so mainly looking for a saturday afternoon/night session locally.
Normally with the beach i chase jews but dont mind the occasion big salmon or Choppa for a bit of a fight.
The jews are really a amazing fight..cant be beaten.
Try the northen beaches if you don't wanna travel to far. North Narrabeen is a good spot near the lagoon. Gotta sus out the tides and moon phase if you wanna target jewies. As for samon & tailor, there's a shit load up that way. If you wanna travel south, try windang. Best times are weekdays as most places are packed out on weekends.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Well, I was expecting to come in here and talk about getting another kind of line wet.
Kinda line I was thinking of starts at the lower back and ends around the front nether regions.

Thanks for getting my hopes up. Hope you all get snagged! :grinning:

A

Alexander the Great

Try the northen beaches if you don't wanna travel to far. North Narrabeen is a good spot near the lagoon. Gotta sus out the tides and moon phase if you wanna target jewies. As for samon & tailor, there's a shit load up that way. If you wanna travel south, try windang. Best times are weekdays as most places are packed out on weekends.
Ive seen a guy in insta thats posts pics uo from narrabeen. Sood sized as well. Might have to give it a crack

Status
Not open for further replies.