Was Adam Elliott our best ever player to be coldly cast aside by a heartless board in order to appease a malicious supporter base?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I will give it to him he had a go MOST of the time. This last year he was very average. I have to blame that on the halves though as he didn’t get proper ball. Had a few brain explosions. Especially when we were already on the back foot or we were a chance to pull a victory. I think the decline of his performance was based on his off field issues. That being said, he’s in the results business, and in that business if you’re in the leadership group or coaching staff you tend to be the first point of blame. We werent getting results, and IMO he was acting like he’s just come up from 20s and wanted to be part of the young pups and have a couple fuck ips but it would be okay. But it’s not. You say you bleed blue and white well then show us. ON and OFF the field. We were getting belted every week. You should be a pillar for support, not the classless clown. Every final whistle I saw was Elliott laughing with the opposition. Who the fuck does that? Jackson didn’t. Ava didn’t. Thompson didn’t. In another team maybe if they were in the top 4 he could get away with it. But when you’re a bottom feeder and every win deserves to shut Belmore down and party at the leagues, you need to be responsible and resilient. I just think we saw the very tired very over it Adam Elliott. But on a human point of view we have to have a bit of sympathy. There’s always two ways you can look at this and being realistic. Most people will look at the results where they are getting paralleled with the stupidity Elliott was doing and that’s how he will be judged.
Have to agree with this and it's exactly why both he, and the club, had to move on.

The tipping point had been well and truly reached at the Bulldogs and he could never progress with us due to a build up of "baggage" and "issues".

It was clear that it was in everyone's best interests for Adam to re-set his future personal, and football career, elsewhere.

Let's hope he can achieve that personal growth at a new club and a fresh start.

Last edited:

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trust Ricky to swoop in on a discount grub.

Canberra Raiders’ cut-price offer to save Adam Elliott’s NRL career

Senior players have backed their club throwing a career lifeline to former Bulldog Adam Elliott, but the cut-price deal will come with a clear warning, writes DAVID RICCIO.

The lifeline is thin but it still exists if Adam Elliott is willing to grab what is likely his last chance.
The discarded Canterbury forward could be a Raider within the next 72 hours. Canberra’s terms are simple: One slip-up and you’re gone.

And guess what? We’re not paying $400,000 a season either, like the Dogs were. The best news though? Elliott gets it. Sometimes an athlete needs to hit rock-bottom to appreciate what they had.

Elliott has told those closest to him if it were a race, it’s Canberra ahead of Wests Tigers, who have also shown interest in picking up the 26-year-old for the 2022 season.

In weighing up whether to sign Elliott on a deal for less than $200,000 next year, the Raiders board are prepared to back their principles that also saw them stand by Jack Wighton in court 18 months before he won the 2020 Dally M Medal.

The Raiders’ team culture is led by the playing group of senior figures that includes Jarrod Croker, Josh Papalii and Wighton. All three are supportive of Canberra signing Elliott, who reached a “mutual termination” of his Bulldogs contract last month.

After a series of off-field headlines, the final straw for the Dogs came after Elliott had been asked to leave a Gold Coast restaurant after allegedly being caught sharing a kiss with NRLW player Mille Boyle.

The incident wouldn’t make the list of top 100 rugby league scandals, but I agreed with Canterbury’s decision to sever ties with Elliott.

The Bulldogs are at a critical phase in their history after finishing no higher than 11th over the past five seasons.

Attracting sponsors during a period of defeat is a relentless and, at times, fruitless mission for marketing and sponsorship teams at struggling footy clubs.

And for a club like the Bulldogs, clinging to every corporate sponsorship dollar they possibly can, another investigation by the NRL Integrity Unit does nothing for your brand.

Canterbury had run out of patience with Elliott.

The kicker, of course, is $400,000-plus freed up on their salary cap.

That’s where the Raiders have become interested.

Every player has a price and Elliott isn’t in a position of power.

The Raiders can’t be foolish either. They too must prevent another dip down the ladder following their 10th-placed finish this year.

Rugby league is a small pond. It only takes a phone call for a club to run a background check on a player.

Two of the toughest the game has seen, men of lofty standards in former Test forward David Furner and the head trainer of Canterbury for 37 years, up until last year, Gary Carden, have both made calls to the Raiders over the past week.

They have both backed Elliott to grab this final chance.

Former Raiders coach and current Bulldogs assistant David Furner has backed Adam Elliott to be a success in Canberra. Picture: NRL Photos
From a pure football point of view, Elliott is a good player.

In 18 games last season for the languishing Bulldogs, he produced 20 tackle busts, 18 offloads and just under 85 metres and 33 tackles per game.

He has the ability to play on the edge or in the middle and hailing from Tathra on the NSW South Coast, the question has to be asked, why did the Raiders miss Elliott as a junior, when effectively, he’s one of them?

There’s a spot for Elliott in a Raiders forward pack next year that will be without 2021 members Sia Soliola, Dunamis Lui, Siliva Havili and Ryan James.

There’s the smallest of lifelines dangling in front of Elliott.

He should take it.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
SmElliott is lucky to call himself an NRL First Grader.....even at 200K that's pushing it :grinning: If SmElliott had a rugby league manufacturers tag stamped to his ass showing his true value and quality as an NRL Rugby League Player it would say Made in China.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I read the other day Elliott is close to signing with the Raiders for "less than half" what he was on with us. LOL

If any other club thought he was a decent player and he was treated unfairly by us they would be lining up to sign him at full cost but wow how many weeks has it been now and he'll be lucky to pick up a contract at all for shit money !!!

Just shows every club in the NRL likely thinks just like we did - he's not worth the money we were paying him for what he brings on and off the field.

Every player in the NRL has a good game now and then otherwise they wouldn't hold their spot in first grade. Elliott did good things very "occasionally" but so does "EVERYBODY".

Wake up. He was bog average or below. Definitely not worth 480K and EVERYBODY knows it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Lmfao

Hahahahahahahahhaha

Who wrote this garbage, from a pure football point of view he's fucking shit
He’s a gun who has been stuck in a terrible team run by terrible coaches. you just have a very poor understanding of the game.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I read the other day Elliott is close to signing with the Raiders for "less than half" what he was on with us. LOL

If any other club thought he was a decent player and he was treated unfairly by us they would be lining up to sign him at full cost but wow how many weeks has it been now and he'll be lucky to pick up a contract at all for shit money !!!

Just shows every club in the NRL likely thinks just like we did - he's not worth the money we were paying him for what he brings on and off the field.

Every player in the NRL has a good game now and then otherwise they wouldn't hold their spot in first grade. Elliott did good things very "occasionally" but so does "EVERYBODY".

Wake up. He was bog average or below. Definitely not worth 480K and EVERYBODY knows it.
Didn’t we just sign Paul Vaughan on the cheap. That’s what happens when players have disciplinary issues. Other clubs get the opportunity to pick them up for bargain basement prices. On a few tears Elliott will be in more than he was at Canterbury. Ffs some of you gronks are clueless :tearsofjoy:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
There’s nothing good about this bloke on and off the field. Averages 85m in 80min the shit ****
Considering the average amount of possession we get snd the fact he makes so many tackles. 85 metres a game is good. Having said that, He’s orojsjlu more suited to playing a few less minutes. Playing 80 under the current rules is not an easy thing to do and will gas any forward.

Ffs some of you clowns have no idea what you’re talking about.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Considering the average amount of possession we get snd the fact he makes so many tackles. 85 metres a game is good. Having said that, He’s orojsjlu more suited to playing a few less minutes. Playing 80 under the current rules is not an easy thing to do and will gas any forward.

Ffs some of you clowns have no idea what you’re talking about.
On a serious note.
Has Elliott been able to get a contract at another club?

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Adam Elliot was the opposite of 007, whatever that is.

It's clear that the team wasn't James Bond'ing with him in the picture. When I watched some of the training videos with Elliot, some of the younger players around him had a look of disdain

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Close to signing with the raiders apparently. Already rejected the tigers. Lol
Who you going for when we play against Adam?

Gonna be so hard for you to see him tackled by Schoup lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Who you going for when we play against Adam?

Gonna be so hard for you to see him tackled by Schoup lol
That won’t happen for 2 reasons.

1) Schoupp can’t tackle
2) Elliott won’t be playing reserve grade.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn’t we just sign Paul Vaughan on the cheap. That’s what happens when players have disciplinary issues. Other clubs get the opportunity to pick them up for bargain basement prices. On a few tears Elliott will be in more than he was at Canterbury. Ffs some of you gronks are clueless :tearsofjoy:
Vaughan was on 800K. Has played for NSW and Australia. Elliott's done f..king NOTHING. Look at Vaughan's highlights reel. Goes for over 9 minutes. 10 times the player Elliott is or ever will be. I can't find ANY highlights package for Elliott LOL. Not enough highlights obviously to make a reel even or it's not worth making a reel that goes for 2 f..king seconds. Vaughan would be on 300-400K with us (the majority of Elliott's full salary). If Vaughan performs decent for us anything like his best next year he'll be on 600k at least the year after. Gets a bit less because of his age.

Elliott IF he gets back to playing the same as he did with us will be lucky to get anything more than 350K EVER. Other clubs aren't as stupid as we were and aren't as desperate as we were when we were one of the worst teams in the comp and we felt we had to overpay our average players. Unless Elliott performs 10 times better than he did with us (which I'd bet you 10 grand he isn't capable of) he will never get what we stupidly paid him. He scored a try about every 10th game WOW ! So does every other bog average first grader. If you weren't clueless you would realise that Elliott is nothing special. Never has been or never will be. And the funny thing is he's even more shit off the field than he is on it LOL.

Whatever desperate teams picks up Elliott, I hope the coach gets pissed off when he sees Elliott kissing the arse of opposing players 2 seconds after they just thrashed Elliott and his teammates. Elliott is a pay cheque only player. No passion, no heart. I wouldn't sign him on minimum wage even. He offers absolutely nothing. So glad he's gone. For his money we got both Asiata and Burns probably with some left overs. I'd rather have just one of them than Elliott. Both is a bonus.

Oh and remember Elliott the stupid c..t thought it was no big deal while costing us millions reportedly in sponsorship. What a tool complete waste of (cap) space to have at your club

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lmfao

Hahahahahahahahhaha

Who wrote this garbage, from a pure football point of view he's fucking shit
I think I speak for @utility half here when I say you should go to anger management classes..

Even @utility half knows that Adamdingbat needs to go and “find” himself or at least some of the so called football skills he claims to possess .. But your vicious attacks are a reflection of your terrible anger issues..

I like you dude, but you need a hug or some shit..