Turned a corner, or nothing special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't think much has changed, structure wise. Id like to see the stats but seemed liked we had more quick play of the balls. This is likely a function of our forwards dominating.

I think we won because the tigers are crap... But it seems like we put in more effort. Maybe that was function of our energy not being sapped from constant defense.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
We had a lot of possession and a poor opponent lacking key players and commitment. Had we faced the Cowboys, Storm or Sharks, we might not have been able to put on the attack we did today.

Happy with the win, and the way Reynolds and Mbye played. Perrett owns the fullback position; we should leave him there.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Nothing changed. Same structure and game plan as every week, we just matched up well against the tigers as they were weak around the edges and had slow line speed. We played around the tigers with ease because of this.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Playing 3 Sundays in a row blessing in disguise. Nice routine like Broncos Fri night gigs

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
they played heaps better but lets just wait and see how we go next week .In saying that a least their was some positives in todays win I hope they keep it up.

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Todays attack to me showed that something has changed. We started the season with that sort of attack and then reverted back to 2015 form.

So, in your opinion have we turned a corner in our season today, is it too early to tell, or was today's win a case of a wounded opponent?

I'm hoping today we have turned a corner in our season, but i'd love to see this sort of attack against a top side and see if the same set moves work.
Dont wanna say anything to strongly cause I am still pretty high off of that win but WE LOOKED SO MUCH BETTER. #TREXEFFECT

mattressback

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
RFM gets 15 minutes. If we drop Plodman or even better sell him RFM starts at lock with Klemmer at 8. Plodman wouldn't make very many NRL teams
tolman was good today, he even passed the ball several times. credit where it is due, a much improved effort and game plan. Josh Jackson was strong. Josh Morris worries me.

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
So we've beaten storm who beat Cowboys. We beat storm when they played their best as well according to Bellamy, smith and also their stats. Maybe we have jumped the gun a bit? I mean we are equal with the cheats parra who have an illegal team. I guess that's one way to look at it. Also looks positive as it looks as though des is changing a few things up

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Need to play like this in the upcoming games to prove we have turned a corner and have got our act together

bringitontm

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There's been a massive change cause des does not have to spend 5 days of the week teaching Trex how to play footy. He can concentrated on coaching the team now. I think he is starting to come to terms with his failure signing.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
out second halves last 4 games prior have been avg so great to see clean sheet today

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Nothing special. We beat a team without some top players and their hooker went off a quarter of the way through.

We never have issues beating sides who let us bully them and who can't defend on the edges.

I'm still of the opinion the top 3-4 teams are still streets ahead of us.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing changed. Same structure and game plan as every week, we just matched up well against the tigers as they were weak around the edges and had slow line speed. We played around the tigers with ease because of this.
That's not entirely true.
Reynolds and mbye played first receiver a lot more. Outside backs got more early ball. And we shifted the ball early in the count too.
All things we don't normally do.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I
So we've beaten storm who beat Cowboys. We beat storm when they played their best as well according to Bellamy, smith and also their stats. Maybe we have jumped the gun a bit? I mean we are equal with the cheats parra who have an illegal team. I guess that's one way to look at it. Also looks positive as it looks as though des is changing a few things up
If you use that logic, you also have to mention that we were beaten by Canberra, who were beaten by Titans, Dragons, drew with Knights etc

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Nothing special. We beat a team without some top players and their hooker went off a quarter of the way through.

We never have issues beating sides who let us bully them and who can't defend on the edges.

I'm still of the opinion the top 3-4 teams are still streets ahead of us.
Thats because 4 teams ARE ahead of us on the ladder lol

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We got beaten by a "compliant" Eels team both games - no Watmough, no Peats, no Ma'u in the first, no Watmough or Foran in the second

Last edited:

Malla

Reaction score
Definitely saw a change. Lichaa ran the ball a lot more today and was roaming looking for opportunities in the middle of the ruck. We spread the ball early in tackle counts and at both ends of the field. Our line speed in defence was exceptional. We played tough.

Next step is consistency. We desperately need back to back wins and take it from there.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We got beaten by a compliant Eels team both games - no Watmough, no Peats, no Ma'u in the first, no Watmough or Foran in the second

its not the matter of if the team which we played was under the cap or not... the absent players would have been available if they werent injured.

top class players were getting replaced by top class players.

we didnt have the same advantage

that is what matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.