Turned a corner, or nothing special?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd say we looked much better in this game. My only criticism is that when we dominate teams like this we should be beating them by 40+. Cronulla showed today how to go for the jugular and I'd love more of a killer instinct. Hopefully RFM gets a start on the left edge.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
not sure if you got my point.

if we sign Morgan for the full back duties on the same money as Bmoz and go over the cap, yet when we play we either play morgan or bmoz, is still an unfair advantage to the opposition.
It's not "fair" but for me personally, that's an excuse

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
to put it in perspective the tigers have averaged over 26 points per game scored against them every week......from that you can see their defence it non-existent, in attack they were missing Tedesco...if we hadn't of won well today this forum would have gone off like chernobyl

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes, we stepped up to a new level. The only two problems I saw (I'm probably nit picking) from today's game are:

1) The Tigers are a side that due to their inexperience are relatively easy to beat so can we put it together against the Roosters next week? ie show consistency and get on a roll
2) Our goal kicking is substandard

But apart from that I thought our win today showed something we've never had before... a backline that threw the ball around while making metres going forward. to back that up the tries scored by Craig Garvey and Josh Reynolds were top class.

Our fast play te balls, go forward and defence was good to watch.

Tegga

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just looked like it was more restricted football compared to the first half.

I thought they only got 2 penalties in the second half?

PS I'm not dumb champ, I know if we didn't score doesnt mean we played shit.
That part wasn't just directed at you, it was more a sweeping statement after some of the things you tend to read on this forum, it goes hand in hand with boring doesn't equal shit either though and apparently regardless of results des is a bad coach because we don't play exciting football all the time

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We got beaten by a compliant Eels team both games - no Watmough, no Peats, no Ma'u in the first, no Watmough or Foran in the second
Thats not how it works. Some of the players that played may have been retained by the money they were over the cap. The cap goees to the sqaud not the team that is running out on the field, so they were over the cap no matter who was out. Short story is they STILL were cheating.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats not how it works. Some of the players that played may have been retained by the money they were over the cap. The cap goees to the sqaud not the team that is running out on the field, so they were over the cap no matter who was out. Short story is they STILL were cheating.
I'm not saying they weren't cheating

chriso

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I was at the game and enjoyed the win BUT our first half we had no line speed and were flat footed in attact, I noticed both things changed in the second half dramatically, reckon des must of revved em.
Half time score would have been a lot diffrent playing a top 4 side

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
but you were saying they were "compliant", which they werent.
The team and available squad we faced in the first game sans Watmough and Peats (and Ma'u) is who we would have played if the club hadn't been cheating the cap, no excuse for losing to them.

The second was without Watmough and Foran, assuming Foran is on more money then Peats the team was for all relevant factors to us "compliant."

Yes the club was literally still over the cap and literally cheating. Yes they had the extra salary to pick from anytime Peats or Foran etc was out, but I don't find it to be a relevant excuse as to why we lost to them

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The team and available squad we faced in the first game sans Watmough and Peats (and Ma'u) is who we would have played if the club hadn't been cheating the cap, no excuse for losing to them.

The second was without Watmough and Foran, assuming Foran is on more money then Peats the team was for all relevant factors to us "compliant."

Yes the club was literally still over the cap and literally cheating. Yes they had the extra salary to pick from anytime Peats or Foran etc was out, but I don't find it to be a relevant excuse as to why we lost to them
Saying we got beaten by a "compliant" Eels team is wrong, thats all. We got beaten by an under stregth team yes, compliant no.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Nothing has changed. We played the Tigers. Their best player (Woods) wasn't 100% and their second best, Farah, was out in the first half!

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Saying we got beaten by a "compliant" Eels team is wrong, thats all. We got beaten by an under stregth team yes, compliant no.
I've edited my original post to alleviate any confusion about me being literal with the term and the Eels being "compliant"

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I've edited my original post to alleviate any confusion about me being literal with the term and the Eels being "compliant"
All good mate. I agree with you we should have beaten them, especially with the Foran missing game.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nothing has changed. We played the Tigers. Their best player (Woods) wasn't 100% and their second best, Farah, was out in the first half!
The best footy the Tigers have played this year is when Robbie was out, he is hardly theri second best player, somewhere around 6th or 7th ould be my guess.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Turned the corner? Slightly rhetorical however short answer no!
We beat Roosters then maybe yes
Agree, and to be honest, Tigers had nothing to offer without Tedesco and Farrar. We weren't clinical either..a little sloppy in putting the Tigers away. Storm, Broncos, Cowboys and Sharks would have put 50 on the Tigs yesterday in similar circumstances and we need to start benchmarking our performances against those teams.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That part wasn't just directed at you, it was more a sweeping statement after some of the things you tend to read on this forum, it goes hand in hand with boring doesn't equal shit either though and apparently regardless of results des is a bad coach because we don't play exciting football all the time
They can be boring as they want, a long as they win lol

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
We have these outstanding games and then fall on our faces. Need to see this quality of football for some weeks before I get excited. Enjoyed the game very much though.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Much better. Far away from a good performance though.

Status
Not open for further replies.