Trent Hodkinson 2015 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggiez03

Waterboy
Reaction score
Since when has our halfback been Hodko? Our halfback is back this week.

old school dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Really. I can't believe how bad he is live. I just got back from Townsville, and, really, he walks around the field, sets up for a pass to Jackson then walks around again. Honestly, words can't say how much of a genuine liability he is to the team. Can't kick, can't run, can't bowl etc.. Can't do anything. Absolutely gobsmacked.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodko is playing so bad that i actually want Reynolds ahead of him...that should say enough lol
Given that the Cowboys scored off our retarded mistakes, whats the bet Reynolds does something stupid and gives the opposition team a thousand other chances? Reynolds might have better skill than Hodkinson but he is a ticking time bomb everytime he steps onto the field.

We really are in a bundle

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Given that the Cowboys scored off our retarded mistakes, whats the bet Reynolds does something stupid and gives the opposition team a thousand other chances? Reynolds might have better skill than Hodkinson but he is a ticking time bomb everytime he steps onto the field.

We really are in a bundle
And the blokes a deadset grub...i really don't want either of them next season. 100bucks says both Reynolds and Hodko will be in the halves and Moses will be shafted...

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
And the blokes a deadset grub...i really don't want either of them next season. 100bucks says both Reynolds and Hodko will be in the halves and Moses will be shafted...
I honestly can't speak from a personal perspective but to me a player that can't control his onfield emotions in what is his 4th full season in FG speaks volume about him. Everything is roses when your team is winning hence why Reynolds was never caught out in 2012 but the issues surfaced dominantly last year. Hodkinson seems to be a nice enough bloke, very humble and subdued but he just isn't good enough

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I honestly can't speak from a personal perspective but to me a player that can't control his onfield emotions in what is his 4th full season in FG speaks volume about him. Everything is roses when your team is winning hence why Reynolds was never caught out in 2012 but the issues surfaced dominantly last year. Hodkinson seems to be a nice enough bloke, very humble and subdued but he just isn't good enough
In 2012 all Reynolds did was play as an extra centre..this suited him though as his best attributes are his running game (when he plays direct), support and effort. Now more is required from him and he has crumbled..If the bloke had decent defence he could likely be one of the best centres in the game imo.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
In 2012 all Reynolds did was play as an extra centre..this suited him though as his best attributes are his running game (when he plays direct), support and effort. Now more is required from him and he has crumbled..If the bloke had decent defence he could likely be one of the best centres in the game imo.
It's a fair point, and probably also why Keating epically failed in 2013 when Barba went off the rails, simply put we haven't had any proper halves in a very very very long time and it costed us both the 2012 GF (When the Storm nullified Barba) and 2014 (Hodkinson/Reynolds are pathetic compared to A.Reynolds/Keary)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It's a fair point, and probably also why Keating epically failed in 2013 when Barba went off the rails, simply put we haven't had any proper halves in a very very very long time and it costed us both the 2012 GF (When the Storm nullified Barba) and 2014 (Hodkinson/Reynolds are pathetic compared to A.Reynolds/Keary)
I still believe without Barba, Josh would still be in reserve grade. Still can't believe the fall of barba..

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Still can't believe the fall of barba..
He's broken, just like Hodkinson.

Sometimes it's hard for a lot of us to realise that some players are just never the same after the injuries they receive.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He's broken, just like Hodkinson.

Sometimes it's hard for a lot of us to realise that some players are just never the same after the injuries they receive.
I wouldn't blame just injuries for barba's downfall lol.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, no....

Pearce and Maloney were horrible before last week for about 4-5 weeks. They have been inconsistent all year.
They are still playing better than Hodko, and still winning the club games.

Pearce and Maloney this year have:
More tries (both)
More goals (Maloney)
More runs (both by a long shot)
More run metres (both over double)
More line breaks (both)
More tackles (both)
More offloads (Pearce only)

Hodko has:
More Field goals (1 more than both)
Less Missed Tackles

Hodko has same:
Error rate (as Pearce)

Summary:
Hodko has less missed tackles, and can kick a field goal.
Pearce & Maloney (in general), run more, create more offloads, create more line breaks and therefore create much more opportunities.

In other words its what everyone is saying. Hodko's knees are shot. He hasn't recovered well from surgery obviously, and is unlikely to in the future. Time for him to move on. However his voice isn't shot so there is NO excuse for him not to be talking out on field.

StatisticMaloney AvrMaloney 2015Pearce AvrPearce 2015Hodko AvrHodko 2015
Played191918
Tries0.220.110[/color]0
Goals3.733002.321
Field Goals00000.11
All Runs7.7699.9894.942
All Run Metres056506680244
Line Breaks0.220.1100
Hitups000000
Offloads0.111.9170.22
Tackles2219823.120818.3165
Missed Tackles3.9352.7241.715
Errors191.21119

It will hurt you to hear it, but I highly doubt the club will re-sign him. If they were going to (given the situations with Gold Coast/Manly halves), they'd have already signed him up.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
They are still playing better than Hodko, and still winning the club games.

Pearce and Maloney this year have:
More tries (both)
More goals (Maloney)
More runs (both by a long shot)
More run metres (both over double)
More line breaks (both)
More tackles (both)
More offloads (Pearce only)

Hodko has:
More Field goals (1 more than both)
Less Missed Tackles

Hodko has same:
Error rate (as Pearce)

Summary:
Hodko has less missed tackles, and can kick a field goal.
Pearce & Maloney (in general), run more, create more offloads, create more line breaks and therefore create much more opportunities.

In other words its what everyone is saying. Hodko's knees are shot. He hasn't recovered well from surgery obviously, and is unlikely to in the future. Time for him to move on. However his voice isn't shot so there is NO excuse for him not to be talking out on field.

StatisticMaloney AvrMaloney 2015Pearce AvrPearce 2015Hodko AvrHodko 2015
Played191918
Tries0.220.110[/color]0
Goals3.733002.321
Field Goals00000.11
All Runs7.7699.9894.942
All Run Metres056506680244
Line Breaks0.220.1100
Hitups000000
Offloads0.111.9170.22
Tackles2219823.120818.3165
Missed Tackles3.9352.7241.715
Errors191.21119

It will hurt you to hear it, but I highly doubt the club will re-sign him. If they were going to (given the situations with Gold Coast/Manly halves), they'd have already signed him up.
Did you full make a table? And i thought i was bored sitting at home with a busted hand lol...though i may have may have spent far too much time looking at player stats for the draft ahaha

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
We coming 12th on the ladder a loss next week and that's the season gone

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If trent does get picked for origin I kinda feel sorry for the aftermath he will receive as he is most likely going to be humiliated if his efforts are anything like what he has been serving up with us.

Only bulldogs fans give a shit about him at the moment, he may end up getting the Paul Carige treatment by other fans though.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asked how Hodkinson had performed opposite North Queensland's Johnathan Thurston in Saturday night's 23-16 loss, Hasler told reporters: "You mark him, I think he was OK".

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Asked how Hodkinson had performed opposite North Queensland's Johnathan Thurston in Saturday night's 23-16 loss, Hasler told reporters: "You mark him, I think he was OK".
Yeah I saw that in the press conference. Could just be Hasler playing it down purposely to keep Hodkinson's price down (Not that he needs to).

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I saw that in the press conference. Could just be Hasler playing it down purposely to keep Hodkinson's price down (Not that he needs to).
and maybe Hodko is playing his game down to bring his A game come finals time

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If trent does get picked for origin I kinda feel sorry for the aftermath he will receive as he is most likely going to be humiliated if his efforts are anything like what he has been serving up with us.

Only bulldogs fans give a shit about him at the moment, he may end up getting the Paul Carige treatment by other fans though.
Ah, yes Paul Carige, now there was a player who gave his best for us, whilst playing for the opposition. Sunk without a trace after his stellar 1998 season. Quite often watch that match when I am feeling down, after all laughter is the best medicine.

Trent is not there yet, because we are not laughing at his on field performances, we are just frustrated by them. I think that his knees are nowhere near good enough to allow him to do anything resembling a running game and his kicking is also suffering. A shame because his defence at least has been good, but unfortunately a half backs job is not to tackle himself silly every week, it is to run and guide his side around the field. Big decision needs to be made regarding his continuation as a half back.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hasler only saying he was OK is a big thing in itself.

If someone plays well or good, he'll say it.

By saying he was "ok" tends to indicate he wasn't 100% impressed.

Did you full make a table? And i thought i was bored sitting at home with a busted hand lol...though i may have may have spent far too much time looking at player stats for the draft ahaha
Yeah but I know the forum code for it.

table tags
tr tags for vertical fields
then td inside them for horizontal.

Status
Not open for further replies.