Trent Hodkinson 2015 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
He had a great game yesterday. I don't know what you guys look for, but Hodko did his job. We lost the game because of costly errors or Browne, Stanley and Mbye. Actually, all Cowboys tries came from our mistakes.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He had a great game yesterday. I don't know what you guys look for, but Hodko did his job. We lost the game because of costly errors or Browne, Stanley and Mbye. Actually, all Cowboys tries came from our mistakes.
He was far from a great game, he was ****ing pathetic in the first half, did you see his kicking game in the first half? It was pathetic . He was improved in the second half but still nothing to be happy about.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I've been one of trent's harshest critics for a while now but last night was the first time all year he actually looked like he wanted to be there. First half he didn't really do a whole lot, aside from some solid defense and that spiral bomb. But It was quite evident in that second 40 that Trent really upped his game by doing his job - go looking for the ball, call a play and create some chances in the opposition 20, put in a few punt kicks behind the cowboys line, one that resulted in coote being bundled into touch as a result from some great kick chase and so on. While I'm not saying he's back to his best, I have a feeling we're going to hopefully see him taking more responsibility with playmaking and show some consistency, fingers crossed anyway

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
It's pretty sad when people want to compliment Hodko on playing 40 minutes of good football. He should be playing 80 minutes of solid football every week. If not he has no place in the team.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was far from a great game, he was ****ing pathetic in the first half, did you see his kicking game in the first half? It was pathetic . He was improved in the second half but still nothing to be happy about.
Ill be speechless if they re-sign him, he cant even kick goals anymore.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Now that I've had the night to sleep on the loss and chill a bit, I thought Hodkinson was back to his best in the second half there. Hopefully that's the turning point in his season.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
The fact that "his job" has been dumbed down so much for a halfback, says a lot about his ability. A lot of players in the comp could hanlde his job. And most weeks he doesn't even do it well.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon this year we've got less than 60 minutes of "good Hodko" out of about 720 minutes of play this season.

For a player with over 100 first grade games, this is simply not good enough!!!.

Look at the Roosters on Friday night. Pearce and Maloney were on fire, and have been most of this year. Looking at the top teams at the moment.

Broncos
6 Anthony Milford
7 Ben Hunt

Cowboys
6 Michael Morgan
7 Johnathan Thurston (c)

Storm
6 Blake Green
7 Cooper Cronk

Dragons
6 Gareth Widdop
7 Benji Marshall

Leaving out Thurston, Cronk, Marshall who have (no doubt) more games (and experience) and are infinitely better players than Hodko, leaves you with:
Hunt - less than 100 games in halves.
Morgan - less than 50 games in the halves.
Milford - less than a season in the halves.
Widdop - around 100 games in the halves.
Green - around 100 games in halves.

Green and Widdop are running circles around Hodko at the moment (Green has the help of Cronk, and Widdop of Marshall obviously).

Then you have Morgan with Thurston alongside him.

So that leaves Hunt and Milford. Both inexperienced, both FAR less games than Hodko, and yet still leading their side around and outplaying a bloke with far more experience than them.

Hodko should be our Marshall, our Thurston, our Cronk. He NEEDS to be our dominant halves player and order our troops around the park, leaving Reynolds/Mbye to play their natural game. Instead he doesn't say a word.

It can't be coaching, as you need SOMEONE out their ordering the players around and it is always in the halves.

Put simply, we are paying Hodko to do a job that many other halves players are doing. If he isn't up to the job, then there is no point in a) paying him, b) renewing his contract.

The fact that:
1. The Dogs have not renewed his contract.
2. There are no offers from other clubs.

says it all really.

Hodko should be thinking about "life after footy", or "ESL options", as I cannot see him getting a gig anywhere on his current form.

Maybe that's impacting his game at the moment, but if he isn't wanted here and doesn't want to play as a team player, then we may as well release him now whilst there are still a few options out there.

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
was watching the footage of origin one and paid close attention to our halves

hodkinson didn't have to do anything spectacular, he just had to put the good kicks through and tackle solidly, reynolds had to bring his energy to the team

they did exactly that

now hodkinson was doing that last night - defending strong and putting good kicks through, passing crisp and with a few clutch moments like that coote tackle

get him to do that every week and i'm happy

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
No, no, no, no, no....

Pearce and Maloney were horrible before last week for about 4-5 weeks. They have been inconsistent all year.
Typical, i guess a long time for a kid is a week.

Another sign of your immaturity.

FFS f*** this I've had enough of this place. There's less footy chat and more rubbish.

This will be my last post for a long time.
Hilarious part about your post is you rant on and on about how Pearce and Maloney have been terrible for 4-5 weeks when Hodkinson has been a busted arse of a player for 8 weeks with 1 or 2 average, solid games yet you're giving it to any other player NOT named Hodkinson. You'd have more credibility if you weren't so one sided.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
was watching the footage of origin one and paid close attention to our halves

hodkinson didn't have to do anything spectacular, he just had to put the good kicks through and tackle solidly, reynolds had to bring his energy to the team

they did exactly that

now hodkinson was doing that last night - defending strong and putting good kicks through, passing crisp and with a few clutch moments like that coote tackle

get him to do that every week and i'm happy
Good kicks? He had about 2 good kicks all night ffs

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Good kicks? He had about 2 good kicks all night ffs
But billris saw a thousand good kicks...ffs

Hodkinson was abysmal in the first half and average in the second. It says a f*cking lot about him when people were actually pleased with the way he played last night, Thurston by comparison to his standards had an abysmal game but he wasn't any worse than Hodkinson.

Can not understand how people can be happy with the sh!t Hodkinson dishes up

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
But billris saw a thousand good kicks...ffs

Hodkinson was abysmal in the first half and average in the second. It says a f*cking lot about him when people were actually pleased with the way he played last night, Thurston by comparison to his standards had an abysmal game but he wasn't any worse than Hodkinson.

Can not understand how people can be happy with the sh!t Hodkinson dishes up
Hodko is playing so bad that i actually want Reynolds ahead of him...that should say enough lol

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
This thread is going to rival the fullback one. 46 pages in less than 2 months.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Because people on here act like f***ing lunatics that's why.
It's cause Hodko needs to get dropped go to nsw cup prove his a first grader then have a shoot at number 7. His performance this year has been shit

turvey mortimer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Because people on here act like f***ing lunatics that's why.
Not at all...the people on here know enough about football having either played or watched the game for years.....the consensus is that he is f*****....simple as that.

Status
Not open for further replies.