Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaYry Ward

Former Immortal
Reaction score
Morris must be loving the early ball and space without that dopey redhead treading on his toes.

It's no contest as to who is the better half.

Goz

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like this kid, just hope he gets better and better with each game, Des made him a star at Manly, Can do the same with us

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The question on everyone's lips, is .....

WHERE'S SHARPY??

Or should I say chipnchase, Hodkos greatest hater!

========================

Wasn't Hodko let go by Manly to make way for DCE or Foran?

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes been good 2/3 games he has played. And the other game, well , the whole side was bad (vs Roosters).

Trent might make it hard for KK to get back in the side if he keeps getting better.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hes been good 2/3 games he has played. And the other game, well , the whole side was bad (vs Roosters).

Trent might make it hard for KK to get back in the side if he keeps getting better.
KK is missing in action. Not listed as injured, and not playing in any grades with week or last.

TrickmA

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Hodko haters looking like fools right about now :grinning:

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Morris must be loving the early ball and space without that dopey redhead treading on his toes.

It's no contest as to who is the better half.
Morris definitely got plenty of time and space with the ball last night. Good to see.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree that he looked solid tonight. His goal kicking was on-line, and he found good metres kicking for touch. I wonder whether he is giving Reynolds the space needed for a more potent attack, but tonight might have demonstrated that he is doing just that. The ball seemed to be getting to the wing before the defence could react, making our attack far more potent.

JRC

Waterboy
Reaction score
The best thing for the team is that if we get an injury to Trent we have KK. I agree, Trent has made a positive contribution to the team since coming back. He shows a lot more vision and scope for leading the team around. Its great for the team and for Trent after so many injury set backs.
I think we are also lucky to have KK as a back up. Not many clubs have a back up half as good or experienced as KK. If we hadn't had him last year, after Trent got injured we would not have made the grand final. Its a great position to have two capable 1st grade halves.
Great to see the boys get a good win. Looked like they really enjoyed that.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ill admit ive never been a massive hodgko fan but he is guiding the team well and complimenting jr well ,amazing how these players play well when off contract lol

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hodgo played very well. He has the talent. But what really assisted him, and the other outside backs, was the dominance of the forwards. To have Kas and Bupa back gives young Trent the opportunity to cement his spot and become more creative as the season progresses.

Bulldog wazza

Kennel Established
Reaction score
must agree that its good to finally see our best halfback in the top grade.. he will only get better which means Morris and the rest of the backline will fire going forward. Great also to see Tony Williams starting to find his place in the formations aswell.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
the question on everyone's lips, is .....

where's sharpy??

or should i say chipnchase, hodkos greatest hater!

========================

wasn't hodko let go by manly to make way for dce or foran?

goneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
fkn calm down...let him play some more games then demand a resignation...dam give the kid a chance!
hahahaha! yeah with all these resignations in the past few weeks, we're not gonna have a team soon :p

good work by trent. level headed & helped straighten our attack without skipping 3 times before going sideways lol.
sorry krippy, youd make a good bench hooker but h/b isnt your thing.

Malla

Reaction score
His defense is brilliant. Saved that one try with Murdoch running at him 5 meters out, and was just tackling low all day... on his day on confident he can be one of the best half backs in NSW.. I hope he can get through this year injury free.. will do him the world of confidence.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
His defense is brilliant. Saved that one try with Murdoch running at him 5 meters out, and was just tackling low all day... on his day on confident he can be one of the best half backs in NSW.. I hope he can get through this year injury free.. will do him the world of confidence.
We saw glimpses of him being very capable in the past, but injury has kept him out of FG for some time. On his return match vs roosters i wasnt impressed and actually thought we may as well have KK back. But since then he has gotten better with every game. Thinking back, he could be forgiven for the roosters match, the whole side was poor, and it was his first FG game in a year.

I dont think KK is as terrible as many here but i can also see potentially Hod could be much more useful to the team. KK and Hod both defend well. Both are capable of a good kicking game. Hod though is also kicking goals very well with 6/7 last night, and the missed one hit the post. Hod also is more dangerous in attack when hes on. Last night he got a personal haul of 16 points inc a try.

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny to see how quickly the kennels opinion changes..

The kids a damn good prospect, just really fucking unlucky with his body. I really hope his injuries are behind him because I would love nothing more than to see him reach his potential and shut up all his critics who have been so quick to pile shit on him over the last few years.

Hod has ALWAYS been twice the player Keating is.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He carved up against a horrendous Tigers outfit...

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's his 3rd game back, I'm not saying he's going to take cooper cronks Australian jersey but he's by far the most capable 7 in our squad and if he can avoid injury I feel he is capable of being a reliable and dangerous halfback.

I agree the tigers were woeful however we played some bad teams last year also and I never saw kk as involved as Trent was last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.