Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

@nchorman

Channel 4 News!
Reaction score
fkn calm down...let him play some more games then demand a resignation...dam give the kid a chance!

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
why thank you so much for calling me a sir :grinning: you my friend...have now gotten yourself a thumbs up..here you go! ,,!,,<(*.*)>,,!,,

lol jokes!! :grinning:
HAHA overall I give him a 7/10 tonight. better than KK hope Dess doesn't put KK back into the team

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hodkinson was Des's first choice and i think we can see why...

While Keating's long kicking game is generally better and so is his support play, Keating really is just a 5/8 or bench utility player at best. Hodkinson has far better attacking kicks and seems a lot more comfortable at halfback.

Still think we'll eventually need a better halfback, but atleast we actually have a halfback now.

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe we can Keep KK and send him to hooker when Ennis retires in a few years LOL

bmw_s2000

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Hodkinson was Des's first choice and i think we can see why...

While Keating's long kicking game is generally better and so is his support play, Keating really is just a 5/8 or bench utility player at best. Hodkinson has far better attacking kicks and seems a lot more comfortable at halfback.

Still think we'll eventually need a better halfback, but atleast we actually have a halfback now.

Honestly, my personal objective is that Hodkinson needs a chance. Lets not forget this is only his second game back and he is already steering out our team around. Keating - I'm sorry however im beyond certain you will not be wearing that number 7 jersey (god forbid Hodkinson gets injured)...

I reckon he will start to shine like a diamond in he next few weeks, his momenum will go through the roof specifically in the next couple of games. Were not vsing the best teams and he can start to build from here on.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Honestly, my personal objective is that Hodkinson needs a chance. Lets not forget this is only his second game back and he is already steering out our team around. Keating - I'm sorry however im beyond certain you will not be wearing that number 7 jersey (god forbid Hodkinson gets injured)...

I reckon he will start to shine like a diamond in he next few weeks, his momenum will go through the roof specifically in the next couple of games. Were not vsing the best teams and he can start to build from here on.
Personal objective? LOL sorry had to.

You mean personal opinion. Still isn't at the level Adam Reynolds (who's still a rookie) is at, but we'll see with time. Impressed with how he's gone since he's been back, but the real test will come when we play the tougher teams again, not an injury hit West Tigers or a scrappy Cronulla

Barba's Barber

puppy power
Reaction score
Great game by Hodko. I knew he had it in him to outshine KK with this return to FG.
So glad we have a solid halfback again to complement Reynolds.
The return of Graham and Kas couldn't have come at a better time :grinning:

Bozzo

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His kicking is awesome. Been so long out of first grade I forgot what he's capable of.. good to see him improving each game..

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kicking game was sensational even forced a repeat set which I rarely see us get! Great game mate!

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
Yep our halfback's Kasiano and Graham played well tonight. Hodkinson did a great job passing them the ball and letting them control the attack.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Sharpy

Great game by Hodko. I knew he had it in him to outshine KK with this return to FG.
Yeh loved his kick into the back of the fellow dogs head and loved his blatant forward pass when we where on a roll.
He still offers nothing in attack, he can't score a try and he can't set up a try. Until he can do that he isn't a first grade halfback, even kk can score a individual try like his try on the semi against manly.
halfback is our only weak link

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeh loved his kick into the back of the fellow dogs head and loved his blatant forward pass when we where on a roll.
He still offers nothing in attack, he can't score a try and he can't set up a try. Until he can do that he isn't a first grade halfback, even kk can score a individual try like his try on the semi against manly.
halfback is our only weak link
Fuck you're a muppet. Hodko played really well tonight. Get over your hatred for him chip'n'chase. You're a bloody goose. Back to the manly forums!

Wyzguy

Bulldog Tragic
Reaction score
Hodkinson was solid ... Better than keating... We have better shape with this guy ...he needs to run a bit more

vietorious

pho-lawless
Reaction score
Directed the side around well.
Though it is easier when our forwards were dominating and getting offloads here and there.

His kicking game was awesome tonight. Thought he ran it well too.

mearsey

panania raised
Reaction score
x2

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Hard to believe there was a discussion on this board about whether or not Hodkinson should take Keating's place.

This bloke is twice the halfback.

I'm very excited about what this team can do this year. We are deadset dark horses for the Premiership. Barba isn't even inform and the whole team is in sync regardless. This team has a massive ceiling. Best is yet to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.