Trent Hodkinson - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
this is his last season to prove he is worthy of a spot at the bulldogs
Comeon mate fair go ,his first year he had a runny nose, year 2 he had a sore big toe and last year the sun was in his eyes

G

Grub

Comeon mate fair go ,his first year he had a runny nose, year 2 he had a sore big toe and last year the sun was in his eyes
Yeh I agree , very harsh, common we have Ben Roberts a lot longer and we won nothing.

N

Natboy

I hope this is his make or break year. Give me Shaun Johnson any day of the week

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think Hodko is ever going to be anything special. I think if he was we would have seen glimmers of it last year.

I really do hope I am wrong, but I am not holding my breath for anything more than what we have seen.

N

Natboy

I think we saw glimmers but i'm getting worried he's the glimmerman

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone know where i can get a bulldogs snapback?

I saw a guy wearing one at the cricket and it looked pretty cool.

Kurrupt78

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope this is his make or break year. Give me Shaun Johnson any day of the week
I like Shaun Johnson, but does his flamboyancy over shadow his organisational skills? Quick as hell though. Only thing Hodkinson has over him is his aggressiveness in defence. Almost rake like.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
anyone know where i can get a bulldogs snapback?

I saw a guy wearing one at the cricket and it looked pretty cool.
Have a look at custom teez at parra. They have a few different styles there.

N

Natboy

I like Shaun Johnson, but does his flamboyancy over shadow his organisational skills? Quick as hell though. Only thing Hodkinson has over him is his aggressiveness in defence. Almost rake like.
I rate him higher as an organisational players than Hodkinson & you're right speed to burn, takes the line on & his defence isn't terrible. Also the kiwi connection would work well

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness i hope th kills it this year ,but if not dogs have to go hard for johnson

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I hope to see something other than cross field bombs in the trials.

N

Natboy

I hope to see something other than cross field bombs in the trials.
I couldn't stand another season of that or our players receiving the ball flat footed & passing it around like under 6's with no clue what to do with it

CBDog

In the Zone
Reaction score
I couldn't stand another season of that or our players receiving the ball flat footed & passing it around like under 6's with no clue what to do with it
Yeah.

Seasons ago if the doggies had a set of six inside the opps. 20 we just about back ourselves in for a try.
Not now, put it up and hope for the best.
Even the 'putting it up' lacked a lot of variety and putting indecision on the defence.
Too predictable.
He does not lack the qualities of any of the good halves in the comp.
Saying he is a good defender? ... who cares he is not there to show how he can tackle.
Show some organisational skills, speed especially in acceleration and kicking game that has the defence
on the backfoot.
When he does wind up to put in the long ones he seems to have no timing or strength in his legs and the ball goes
about 40 metres max.
He has a lot to improve on.Not as though he has to reproduce former brilliance, because he has not shown any to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.