Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was in Sydney last week and took some train rides, including up to Gosford which is quite picturesque around the Hawkesbury.

But, man are they slow. Have Sydney trains actually been deliberately slowed down so they can keep to the timetable?

Another thing is the "Quiet Carriage" Gestapo. I saw a guy have a crack at an elderly couple who were quietly having a conversation about the nice view (and probably didn't even realise they were on a quiet carriage - i didn't know either at that point). What a dick.

I still maintain the whole quiet carriage concept is stupid. People really seem to miss the meaning of the word "public" in public transport...
And you didn't stop at the woy to say hello to southy ? Im hurt lol
I thought of you as we pulled up to the Woy and the shifty bogans got off the train.

Actually Gosford staion is very shifty in the middle of the day!
Gosfords fucked lol needs to be napalmed and start over again

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I used to be amazed at people who could hold a conversation for the 20 minutes i used to be on the phone (Croydon to Town Hall), let alone 90.

My mrs talks to her mother a couple of times a day minimum and its for quite a while each time. And i wonder just what the hell they can talk about?
Nothing important. An important phone call is usually straight and to the point. I don't understand how chatter boxes can just yap and yap and yap.
My girlfriend is the queen of this. I will ring her & "talk" to her for an hour and a half & I reckon in that time I get about 3 words in. The worst part it sometimes she rings me just before bed. So I will start talking to her & next thing I know I have drifted off to sleep. I wake up an hour later & she is still chatting away absolutely clueless that I have just slept for the last hour

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
My girlfriend is the queen of this. I will ring her & "talk" to her for an hour and a half & I reckon in that time I get about 3 words in. The worst part it sometimes she rings me just before bed. So I will start talking to her & next thing I know I have drifted off to sleep. I wake up an hour later & she is still chatting away absolutely clueless that I have just slept for the last hour
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
to indians and asians: your food stinks at 6am in the morning on a packed train. Please don't eat last night's dinner for breakfast on the train.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You need a cockatoo

Wahesh

Reaction score
So all trains going through the city circle were diverted due to a broken train track at St James FFS. The all terminated at Central. So I had to get off Central and switch platforms.

On the plus side, I found $2 while exiting through the turnstile :tearsofjoy:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I think there should be a whining about planes thread. Much more to complain about the behavior of others from the airport to the gate to the plane etc then on a half hour train ride.

(Writing this from the SkyBus aka the tightarse express somewhere on the Tullamarine freeway)

Wahesh

Reaction score
Some woman stacked it boarding the train at International this morning. The train gap strikes again.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Some Asian guy on the train this morning was doing a rubix cube. I haven't seen that in a long time. He was doing pretty good at it too, had it solved by the time we got to Central. Hearing the clicking noises of that thing going around though were doing my head in.

Good brain exercise first thing in the morning I suppose... and there I was playing strategy games on my iPad like an idiot :tearsofjoy: That's what gets my going.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Attention, people with large suitcases:

DON'T FUCKING GO UP OR DOWN THE STAIRS, IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO SUCCESSFULLY MANEUVER LUGGAGE OF THAT MAGNITUDE COMFORTABLY AND/OR SAFELY WITHIN THE TRAIN. THEY ARE MADE FOR PEOPLE, NOT LUGGAGE. STAY LEVEL ON THE PLATFORM ENTRY/EXIT POINT ON THE FRONT AND RARE OF THE CARRIAGE. IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO COMPLY, PLEASE STAND IN LINE AT THE TAXI RANK AT OUR AIRPORTS.

Thank you

bulldogsfan_88

Left Right Out
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Damn I hate the train not having to catch it for the last 10 weeks was pure heaven!! Got on the train at Dapto at 5am & some punk arse kids get on & decide to play their crappy rap music as loud as they could all the way to Sydney. Couple of people had a go at them & they just laughed & told them to piss off... I ended up having to change carriages

Wahesh

Reaction score
Damn I hate the train not having to catch it for the last 10 weeks was pure heaven!! Got on the train at Dapto at 5am & some punk arse kids get on & decide to play their crappy rap music as loud as they could all the way to Sydney. Couple of people had a go at them & they just laughed & told them to piss off... I ended up having to change carriages
Dapto is a fairly long haul to Sydney. I would've complained to the guard.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok, so some lady came and sat on the same 3 seater I was sitting at, but I had the window. This lady must've been like in her 40s. She got out a colouring book, some pencils, and started colouring in. No joke. But it wasn't a kids book like Disney or anything like, it was some sort of professional artistic book. The way the lady dressed was a bit different too, all these colours and designs... something unique. Anyway... it caught my eye because how can someone colour in on a train as it sways from side to side and forward and backwards lol. She looked very particular as well, making sure she wasn't going to colour out of the lines.

She seemed a little annoyed when I got up to leave though, as in her picking up her things and getting out of the way etc... seriously lady, you have to expect that sitting in the aisle seat...

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
When is Australia going to stop being so primitive and 3rd world and get some of these modern locomotives in our fleet?

Wahesh

Reaction score
When is Australia going to stop being so primitive and 3rd world and get some of these modern locomotives in our fleet?
As soon as the price of infrastructure and hard manual labor goes down. Doesn't look to be happening anytime soon.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Bro they can't fucking do something simple like build roads or punish pedophiles, how will they build that.

Australia, as much as I love it, is a fucking stupid country. Who the fuck doesn't think of the future when building major motorways? Who the fuck builds a 3 lane motorway, has a wank over it, take the tolls off, then realise "oh wait, Sydney is growing and we need more lanes". Then decide to upgrade and fuck traffic harder and then put the toll back.

***** are tightarses, they should of left to tolls all the time as they regulated traffic, the tight arses used to use parra Rd to avoid the toll, which kept traffic down and I loved it.

Fucking stupid *****

Wahesh

Reaction score
To the stupid idiot sitting on the window sit next to me on the 3 seater this morning. When you expect someone to get up so you can haul your fat ass out of the seat, it's common courtesy to say "thank you" as a token of gratitude. Next time, I'll say "you're welcome" loud enough so the everyone in the locality will look at you in condemnation.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok so we're back to ladies putting makeup on, on the train.

Get up 10 mins early ladies... do yourself the favor!