Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Some are, some aren't.

I had some blonde chick dressed like an Eskimo this morning and it wasn't even that cold.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Some are, some aren't.

I had some blonde chick dressed like an Eskimo this morning and it wasn't even that cold.
Nah most people in the mainstream just aren't funny.
And of course you seen a woman dressed as an Eskimo!
Women don't have a high tolerance to the cold like men do.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Nah most people in the mainstream just aren't funny.
And of course you seen a woman dressed as an Eskimo!
Women don't have a high tolerance to the cold like men do.
I know that mate but this morning wasn't really cold at all. I was able to go outside at lunchtime today without a jacket. It was pleasant.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I talk on the phone while travelling the train generally go and hang by the door away from other people.
See consideration i dont like bother people with my shit nor should i hear it nor should i hear their shit

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
See consideration i dont like bother people with my shit nor should i hear it nor should i hear their shit
I'll even go in the next carriage if it's empty.
I once heard a guy talking and you could tell by his responses that he was a drug dealer?
Naturally he got off at Parramatta!

Wahesh

Reaction score
I remember once this bloke I used to work with (he lived on the Central Coast) said he got on the train at Central, and there was a teenage girl sitting there yapping on her phone. All the way to the Central Coast she was yapping. So this chatter box yapped before he got on, continued yapping during the entire 90 minute commute up there, and was still yapping when he got off FFS.

And he said the entire time, she was yapping about useless shit that no one gives a hoot about.

How can someone talk that long, let alone about useless stuff???

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I remember once this bloke I used to work with (he lived on the Central Coast) said he got on the train at Central, and there was a teenage girl sitting there yapping on her phone. All the way to the Central Coast she was yapping. So this chatter box yapped before he got on, continued yapping during the entire 90 minute commute up there, and was still yapping when he got off FFS.

And he said the entire time, she was yapping about useless shit that no one gives a hoot about.

Yeah I've seen that on the city rail bus 2 days in a row, the same girl!
God help whatever moron falls in love with her and wants to spend every waking moment with her!
She was talking such useless white trash westy shit and both days goes on about how she hasn't got much battery left!
People might say I'm being rude listening to her conversation, but it's a bit hard not to hear it when she is speaking loud enough for the whole bus to hear her.

Wahesh

Reaction score
Yesterday some teenybopper came and sat next to me on the train (and thank goodness it was a 3 seater and we had the middle seat between us). Get this... covered top to toe with green paint. Her entire face, eyebrows, everything, her neck, arms, thighs, legs. The first thing I would've thought is that she's a school kid rehearsing for some play or perhaps performed on the day, but she didn't have a school bag, just a normal hand bag. She didn't have a uniform on either. This girl looked young, like really young - school girl young, so I couldn't figure out what she was doing there.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
Yesterday some teenybopper came and sat next to me on the train (and thank goodness it was a 3 seater and we had the middle seat between us). Get this... covered top to toe with green paint. Her entire face, eyebrows, everything, her neck, arms, thighs, legs. The first thing I would've thought is that she's a school kid rehearsing for some play or perhaps performed on the day, but she didn't have a school bag, just a normal hand bag. She didn't have a uniform on either. This girl looked young, like really young - school girl young, so I couldn't figure out what she was doing there.
Probably on ice?

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I still find it insane that there is old trains with no heater are still operational. Honestly thought these tin cans would've been sacked by now! #firstworldproblems

Wahesh

Reaction score
I still find it insane that there is old trains with no heater are still operational. Honestly thought these tin cans would've been sacked by now! #firstworldproblems
Sacked?

Wahesh

Reaction score
Ok I got one. So on Friday on my way home, I was playing NinjAwesome on my iPad (no typo, that's the name of the game, footage below).

Anyway, this Asian guy came and sat next to me. Before I know it, he taps me on the shoulder and says "Excuse me sir, what is the name of this game you are playing?" So I told him "NinjAwesome" and he didn't understand what I was saying. So I said to him "One 'A', it's a 'before and after'" and still he had no idea. So I told him to give me his phone and load up the App store. He did, and I typed it in. The silly bugger searched for it and thought the game was '8 Bit Ninja' lol.

He then said "Thank you. I'm a gave developer".

He probably was, but I think he just wanted to play the game lol.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I was in Sydney last week and took some train rides, including up to Gosford which is quite picturesque around the Hawkesbury.

But, man are they slow. Have Sydney trains actually been deliberately slowed down so they can keep to the timetable?

Another thing is the "Quiet Carriage" Gestapo. I saw a guy have a crack at an elderly couple who were quietly having a conversation about the nice view (and probably didn't even realise they were on a quiet carriage - i didn't know either at that point). What a dick.

I still maintain the whole quiet carriage concept is stupid. People really seem to miss the meaning of the word "public" in public transport...

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I used to be amazed at people who could hold a conversation for the 20 minutes i used to be on the phone (Croydon to Town Hall), let alone 90.

My mrs talks to her mother a couple of times a day minimum and its for quite a while each time. And i wonder just what the hell they can talk about?

Wahesh

Reaction score
I used to be amazed at people who could hold a conversation for the 20 minutes i used to be on the phone (Croydon to Town Hall), let alone 90.

My mrs talks to her mother a couple of times a day minimum and its for quite a while each time. And i wonder just what the hell they can talk about?
Nothing important. An important phone call is usually straight and to the point. I don't understand how chatter boxes can just yap and yap and yap.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was in Sydney last week and took some train rides, including up to Gosford which is quite picturesque around the Hawkesbury.

But, man are they slow. Have Sydney trains actually been deliberately slowed down so they can keep to the timetable?

Another thing is the "Quiet Carriage" Gestapo. I saw a guy have a crack at an elderly couple who were quietly having a conversation about the nice view (and probably didn't even realise they were on a quiet carriage - i didn't know either at that point). What a dick.

I still maintain the whole quiet carriage concept is stupid. People really seem to miss the meaning of the word "public" in public transport...
And you didn't stop at the woy to say hello to southy ? Im hurt lol

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
And you didn't stop at the woy to say hello to southy ? Im hurt lol
I thought of you as we pulled up to the Woy and the shifty bogans got off the train.

Actually Gosford staion is very shifty in the middle of the day!