Train Discussion Megathread - Etiquette / Strikes / Gripes

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Sydney Trains not running its electrics because the drivers couldn't log onto Network Control when they should have the old hand held two ways, sure safety is an issue but leaving people stranded is also an issue, trains ran alright thirty years ago.
Funny story and might explain a bit. Husband of a woman I worked with was the GM of a certain part of State Rail. Thus is just after the poms were bought in to run the joint. Anyways - he's near retirement - they made it clear they'd be cutting costs and he didn't want to wear that so took a half mill redundancy.

Six months later they re-employed him as a consultant. He agreed only on the basis he was given same resources as b4. Exactly the same work he did before on basically twice the pay. According to him, management have shaved it so much its not a question of when a train turns up - its now if.

Avoided mentioning which bit of rail he works in but can tell you its a bit that fails a lot. By my understanding its a madhouse.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Funny story and might explain a bit. Husband of a woman I worked with was the GM of a certain part of State Rail. Thus is just after the poms were bought in to run the joint. Anyways - he's near retirement - they made it clear they'd be cutting costs and he didn't want to wear that so took a half mill redundancy.

Six months later they re-employed him as a consultant. He agreed only on the basis he was given same resources as b4. Exactly the same work he did before on basically twice the pay. According to him, management have shaved it so much its not a question of when a train turns up - its now if.

Avoided mentioning which bit of rail he works in but can tell you its a bit that fails a lot. By my understanding its a madhouse.
Stoopid how Sydney trains sacked RailCorp management for corporate excecs to de culture the industry.
Still the same operations controllers trains, tracks and delays, if worse.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I miss having the train to myself during lockdowns everyone just annoys me now. Also I feel I’ve earned a sense of ownership over the train carriage. These people that had a two year holiday during covids at home whilst I caught the train everyday to work by choice I admit but also got told by the same people it’s dangerous to catch the train every day whilst they sat on their arse getting paid to watch Netflix now all reckon they can just slob around again acting like pigs on the train.

My only solace is I know how much they miss those Netflix COVID holidays and hate getting a 5:45am train to work. Ha ha ha

Last edited: