TPJ V SBW

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Don't know why everyone is so mad. Most of the forum said he was useless and a waste of cap space.

He's done us a favour.
I agree he is way overpaid, but no question we are even worse without him in our pack. Morrin tries hard but c'mon.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
They're both selfish acts, but I'm more annoyed with his overall effort over his entire time at the dogs, not just this final act (which is almost a relief). How often did he make a few good runs, help to apply pressure over a couple of sets early on, then undid it all with a stupid hero play that didn't come off and led to points conceded/extended lack of possession/ etc.

It will hurt us this year, sure, but the lack of effort and application by the team as a whole is hurting us more. If we can't get any kind of replacement for 2024 that can make decent metres, that will also hurt.
Agree 100%

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
I'm honestly not pleased he's doing this. As much as he isn't the marquee forward people were hoping he'd magically become upon arrival at the club, he's still a big unit that we're going to have trouble replacing easily in the current market.

And if my crystal ball is working properly, he's going to have maybe 1 fight in the offseason and then announce that he wants to return to the NRL. Maybe for the roosters or possibly he'll be wanting to reunite with uncle Wayne at the Dolphins. The NRL will probably allow it to happen too. We'll just roll over and cop the kick to the crotch.

The lack of a strong reaction from fans is due to the fact that we've been weak as piss with allowing players to leave for a good number of years.
Good point, we are now use to taking it up the a$$

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The comparison isn't even close. $BW was in the prime of his career and was one of the biggest superstars in the comp. He left unannounced when we didn't want him to leave and he had just signed a new deal with a bunch of years left.

TPJ is near the back end of his career, only has one year left on his deal and let us know of his intentions. The club didn't want him anyway and would be happy to see the back of him and get the cap space back.

There are almost no similarities at all..

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Speaks volumes about his character. Weak minded and with no heart. Always looking for a short cut.
Agree, pea brain we knew, pea heart we knew, pea guts we just learnt about.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Get SBW the fuck away from the club ffs
Agree on this point, he’ll be telling boys to look after themselves rather than the club whereas better role models would advise some “loyalty” (to clubs) who presented players with career opportunity (within reason).

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Agree on this point, he’ll be telling boys to look after themselves rather than the club whereas better role models would advise some “loyalty” (to clubs) who presented players with career opportunity (within reason).
Exactly. He's been open about this. More likely to direct our talent or those were after to the Roosters or anywhere else

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly. He's been open about this. More likely to direct our talent or those were after to the Roosters or anywhere else
And paying him to do so, he’s on our books in some capacity - he’s toxic

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He was injured and his mum was on her death bed… your mums gonna be on her death bed too
Compo, Sick leave, Annual leave, Compassionate leave, Stress leave, Home sickness leave, Brain leave, Body leave, Covid leave. Milked em allllll.

I'd still re-sign the guy a for a year at 350k though.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Compo, Sick leave, Annual leave, Compassionate leave, Stress leave, Home sickness leave, Brain leave, Body leave, Covid leave. Milked em allllll.
Leave that’s he’s entitled to… like every other person in a full time job

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Ones good one isn’t. bulldogs fans are the biggest hypocrites of all 17 teams. This forum makes me ashamed to be a dogs fan weekly and daily

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
They are both weak gutted dogs for letting down their team at the lowest point. Wait difference does it make for TPJ's team mates that he waited until right before the end of the season and AFTER the only talent on the market was already locked up. **** has done it this way out of spite because his deep thinking pea brain can't compute constructive criticism

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol he didn’t walk, he got tapped.
Then he could have said no I'm staying and collecting my $750k for next year.

Can't make him leave, he has a contract and that requires both parties to agree.

Always a Bulldog