TPJ V SBW

T DAWG

Waterboy
Reaction score
TPJ clearly is not a team player. Hr has proved this by being at 3 clubs and playing the same. He is more suited to doing his own thing, and boxing is just that. He can only let down his trainer and a handful of corner guys or followers. Good luck to him in boxing, even though I dont see im exceeding.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaks volumes about his character. Weak minded and with no heart. Always looking for a short cut.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm honestly not pleased he's doing this. As much as he isn't the marquee forward people were hoping he'd magically become upon arrival at the club, he's still a big unit that we're going to have trouble replacing easily in the current market.

And if my crystal ball is working properly, he's going to have maybe 1 fight in the offseason and then announce that he wants to return to the NRL. Maybe for the roosters or possibly he'll be wanting to reunite with uncle Wayne at the Dolphins. The NRL will probably allow it to happen too. We'll just roll over and cop the kick to the crotch.

The lack of a strong reaction from fans is due to the fact that we've been weak as piss with allowing players to leave for a good number of years.

blah

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Our turnover lately has been bad. We have these signings that come and most leave halfway through the season or after one season

Scoobs

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How are more people not disgusted with how TPJ has walked out on the club at such a low point. How is this much different to how SBW walked out. Yes SBW walked out when we were wooden spooners in the middle of the night and winning the wooden spoon by a fair margin, but lets be honest, we aren't far off the wooden spoon this year.

- TPJ has essentially decided to walk out of his contract overnight
- TPJ has essentially said I'm not interested in busting my arse for this club anymore if they aren't contending
- TPJ has said i'd rather quit immediately and go play another sport

Sua'uali'i from the Roosters has honoured his contract and played out the year yet got absolutely hammered by the media, whilst TPJ is almost getting praise for it.

There seems to be this BS narrative of 'he said at the start of the year that if he didn't feel he could give his 100% he would walk away', hahaha wtf they have completely pulled the wool over our eyes.

Its pretty clear SBW has been sharing his notes with TPJ, two scummy blokes.
I think people are over all the bullshit. this and the fact he has been terrible and gives us 750k back in the cap. i can live with that. Good riddance & i hope we ban SBW from talking to players at thesame time.

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think Thompson milking the club for over 2.5mil over 3 years is way worse than what TPJ and SBW did personally... Atleast those blokes opened up a spot and saved the club money, thats just my opinion coming from a business perspective.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cos he's fucking shit and he's actually done us a favour by leaving

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They're both selfish acts, but I'm more annoyed with his overall effort over his entire time at the dogs, not just this final act (which is almost a relief). How often did he make a few good runs, help to apply pressure over a couple of sets early on, then undid it all with a stupid hero play that didn't come off and led to points conceded/extended lack of possession/ etc.

It will hurt us this year, sure, but the lack of effort and application by the team as a whole is hurting us more. If we can't get any kind of replacement for 2024 that can make decent metres, that will also hurt.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
OP has a point, situation is a little different with the way it’s been played out e.g letting management know as opposed to sneaking out.

But if he was say playing like Haas and did this, TK would be in melt down, but because he’s not playing to value and frees up a lot of money we’re all ok with it, ..

I get the point he’s trying to make …. but no use crying over spilt milk, let’s hope Gould & Co. can use the money to buy us a more dedicated destructive forward pack for 2024 and beyond ..

Also believe a lot more has gone down here that we don’t know about, to me the boxing narrative is just to appease the media, he’ll box, but that was probably already planned … I’d like to know the real story ..
Gus is in control...That is good enough reason, don't you think ?

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
How are more people not disgusted with how TPJ has walked out on the club at such a low point. How is this much different to how SBW walked out. Yes SBW walked out when we were wooden spooners in the middle of the night and winning the wooden spoon by a fair margin, but lets be honest, we aren't far off the wooden spoon this year.

- TPJ has essentially decided to walk out of his contract overnight
- TPJ has essentially said I'm not interested in busting my arse for this club anymore if they aren't contending
- TPJ has said i'd rather quit immediately and go play another sport

Sua'uali'i from the Roosters has honoured his contract and played out the year yet got absolutely hammered by the media, whilst TPJ is almost getting praise for it.

There seems to be this BS narrative of 'he said at the start of the year that if he didn't feel he could give his 100% he would walk away', hahaha wtf they have completely pulled the wool over our eyes.

Its pretty clear SBW has been sharing his notes with TPJ, two scummy blokes.
Are you taking the piss?

SBW walked on out the club without notice. TPJ has advised the club he's going at seasons end (honoring the rest of this seasons committments), and told Gus at the BEGINNING of the season that this is what he would do if he didn't improve. Surely you're not that stupid.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Someone bump this after he signs with someone else next year... lol

I'm glad he is gone and couldn't care less if he signs with someone else tomorrow.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
SBW was the best forward in the game. TPJ was the new Solomon Haumono.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Thompson milking the club for over 2.5mil over 3 years is way worse than what TPJ and SBW did personally... Atleast those blokes opened up a spot and saved the club money, thats just my opinion coming from a business perspective.
Thompson has been injured, he hasn’t even had a chance to have a crack. TPJ has had the chance.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't know why everyone is so mad. Most of the forum said he was useless and a waste of cap space.

He's done us a favour.

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
Are you taking the piss?

SBW walked on out the club without notice. TPJ has advised the club he's going at seasons end (honoring the rest of this seasons committments), and told Gus at the BEGINNING of the season that this is what he would do if he didn't improve. Surely you're not that stupid.
They are both wanks with no ounce of committment in them and zero fucks given to the clubs they play at after they leave. TPJ is just doing it the more political way, as advised by his big brother $BW