Tony Williams has been dropped from First grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What I have heard is Williams seems uninterested at times at training and doesn't put in 100%

What I don't get is the guy is a tank, he is a monster, very lean, very muscly. The guy must train the house down in the gym you would think? (How else can you be 115-120kg of muscle) yet he just doesn't put in.

Also I have personally seen him out late 4 days before a grand final drinking. Ok there is no law against that. But you would think its the biggest game of the year. Would he really need to be out at 2am?

The guy has unlimited potential, amazing skill, hands of a half, speed of a back, size of a prop, built like a tank yet plays like a girl (no offence to the jillaroos).

I can see him getting back into a rep jersey when he leaves the dogs.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
^^^ it's all in his head... I believe he had some mental health issues last year, so perhaps they are creating problems on field for him.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I dunno. He does seem to be trying hard at times, but doesnt have the impact he once did.

He can be very good for a game here and there. Not often enough for his pay though. Since day 1 i thought he was overpaid even if he played well.

I thought for a while he would go better if the side was (i.e he needs momentum to be effective), and maybe he would, but hes just not putting in with poor participation related stats lately. Something must be up physically or mentally, or hes past it. Or all of the above, time will tell.

I wouldnt mind having Williams in the side if he was TRex every week.

Last edited:

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
^^^ it's all in his head... I believe he had some mental health issues last year, so perhaps they are creating problems on field for him.
I feel sorry for him because he goes out hard and he wants to play well but he just doesn't have the courage or skill

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Shame cannot do a Warriors and drop Jackson, Reynolds, Liicha, Tolman, Morris

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
We will miss his ball playing skills though. Reynolds will have to pass a ball himself for a try now

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
yeh real shame we cant put in more NSW Cup players. The warriors NSW Cup side is 5-3 and 3rd, and ours is 0-7 (+1 draw) and last. Maybe, just maybe it isnt as good an idea for us lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tolman at 13 ? Lol , the only front rower in the NRL to apply the handbrake on a hit up
He purely is there just to tackle, I forbid him to take hit ups, especially on the 4th lol

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dunno. He does seem to be trying hard at times, but doesnt have the impact he once did.

He can be very good for a game here and there. Not often enough for his pay though. Since day 1 i thought he was overpaid even if he played well.

I thought for a while he would go better if the side was (i.e he needs momentum to be effective), and maybe he would, but hes just not putting in with poor participation related stats lately. Something must be up physically or mentally, or hes past it. Or all of the above, time will tell.

I wouldnt mind having Williams in the side if he was TRex every week.
Its definitely mental, when he actually tries he's capable of being the most damaging forward in the game. We've waited long enough for him to come good so its time to say goodbye.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Glad to see some changes. Hopefully the team steps up. I like TW , his form has been ordinary though and deserves a stint in reserve grade.
I feel Reynolds should be next.
Glad to see des drop a out of form player. The team still has a good shot this year if they get there finger out. Hopefully this is the first step ...

rwalker999

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You know TW isn't playing to his full potential but honestly the guy is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet... I know this counts for nothing around here but I'm just deploring you to think about that before you start ripping into him personally.

Just to add - in this case the word you wanted was imploring, not deploring - which means to strongly condemn.

Reactions: DT

Malla

Reaction score
I said it earlier in the year - he won't be here beyond June 30. His Manager will find him a deal overseas.

He has been so disappointing. Probably the clubs worst marquee signing - and the sh1tty thing is we lost guys like Finucane and Pritchard because of him.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
I said it earlier in the year - he won't be here beyond June 30. His Manager will find him a deal overseas.

He has been so disappointing. Probably the clubs worst marquee signing - and the sh1tty thing is we lost guys like Finucane and Pritchard because of him.
Pritchard was a massive loss to keep fluffy .
The funny thing say Williams will kill it today that day never came .
Except the first 2 games this year.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
All those players you mentioned have been underperforming.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Trex has been out of form ever since he came over. He forgot his balls back on the Northern Beaches. Sure he had a few flash in the pan performances for us, but he has not lived up to the hype and Hasler should take some responsibility for this shocking signing.

Status
Not open for further replies.