Tony Williams has been dropped from First grade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
his problem is his pea heart. he even admitted himself that when he was making an impact there were stuff all players that were even close to his physique. now that every team has a few big boys its much harder for him to make an impact. how hard? to fuckin hard for the pea heart.

used to feel sorry for him but he has cheapened the dogs jersey, has not doubt left his team mates uninspired most, if not all games, he has cost us local juniors, left me with the worst bulldogs gf memory when burgess with broken jaw ran straight over the top of him to score a try and worst of all pissed me the feck off in every game with his lethargy.

honestly I have more respect for mason, sbw and co. atleast when they stopped respecting our jersey they fucked off and didnt give us 4 years of bs non performances
I agree with everything said hear you are absolutely spot on. Except it was the other Burgess who didn't have a broken jaw than ran over him like a little bitch. Still that was the game changer in the grand final that moment the momentum swung to Souths. I sincerely believe he has cost us a premiership by being paid 2.4 million over 4 years, we could have wrapped up a real star to complete our line up and maybe win a premiership in those 3 years, who knows.

Not rocket science Tony you dumb ****. Run hard, tackle hard and compete on every play, we didn't expect miracles but we expected at least this.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still all speculation but the rumour persists. Certainly nothing concrete from the club until the transaction is complete.

I know that this has been the subject of conjecture for awhile, but it comes as no surprise to me after the NSW Cup game he played a few weeks ago, that indeed it may have been what the club was angling for. We were 'advised' prior to kick off to not give him a hard time due to his being dropped ( and out of respect for family who were there).That was a strange thing to say I thought ( not that I would personally attack a player anyway but I would criticise performance if warranted). As I said before, he did not appear injured in any way after the game and it now seems to me that it was all a smokescreen by the club as they were putting things in place for his departure.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Still all speculation but the rumour persists. Certainly nothing concrete from the club until the transaction is complete.

I know that this has been the subject of conjecture for awhile, but it comes as no surprise to me after the NSW Cup game he played a few weeks ago, that indeed it may have been what the club was angling for. We were 'advised' prior to kick off to not give him a hard time due to his being dropped ( and out of respect for family who were there).That was a strange thing to say I thought ( not that I would personally attack a player anyway but I would criticise performance if warranted). As I said before, he did not appear injured in any way after the game and it now seems to me that it was all a smokescreen by the club as they were putting things in place for his departure.
Who advised you to not give him a hard time?

LFC Bulldogs

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

We were 'advised' prior to kick off to not give him a hard time due to his being dropped ( and out of respect for family who were there).That was a strange thing to say I thought ( not that I would personally attack a player anyway but I would criticise performance if warranted). .
His family should respect us as a club and the paying fans . He looted us . Tony Williams has pulled off the greatest sporting heist in history with the money he has been paid by us and the shit he has dished up in return.
His family should be forever grateful to the Bulldogs.
His family have absolutely no right to complain about anything . They are laughing all the way to the bank with little or no effort.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
He was pretty shit but I will remember him for that time he played in the halves for us that time after we had injuries and Origin and he smashed it..

You gotta remember the good stuff about people and I had a blast watching that game..

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
One of his family members was going apeshit recently on Instagram about how badly the Bulldogs have apparently treated him. I find that pretty funny tbh.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any smoke on mid season recruits yet?

TalDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
God I hope so
Smh

Out-of-favour Bulldog Tony Williams could make a shock mid-season switch back to former club Manly.

Canterbury dropped Williams for the clash with Wests Tigers a fortnight ago and he has been languishing in the Intrust Super Premiership, where he recently sustained an injury.

Advertisement

On the move?: Tony Williams is set for a return to Manly.
On the move?: Tony Williams is set for a return to Manly.Photo: Getty Images
The Sea Eagles are looking to bolster their pack and are interested in the former NSW and Australia back-rower, if they can get him at the right price.

After starting his career on the wing at Parramatta, Williams played his best football on the northern beaches after shifting into the forwards. The 27-year-old has struggled to consistently reproduce the same form, resulting in his demotion to reserve grade.

The man dubbed T-Rex is in the final year of a lucrative contract, meaning Canterbury will likely have to pay some of his freight or offer another player as a swap to get a deal done. NRL clubs have until June 30 before the mid-season transfer closes.

Williams has scored 35 tries from 73 games for the Sea Eagles and the latest development could result in him adding to the tally. Manly officials hope a change of scene could reignite the career of the 193-centimetre, 120-kilogram giant.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Smh

Out-of-favour Bulldog Tony Williams could make a shock mid-season switch back to former club Manly.

Canterbury dropped Williams for the clash with Wests Tigers a fortnight ago and he has been languishing in the Intrust Super Premiership, where he recently sustained an injury.

Advertisement

On the move?: Tony Williams is set for a return to Manly.
On the move?: Tony Williams is set for a return to Manly.Photo: Getty Images
The Sea Eagles are looking to bolster their pack and are interested in the former NSW and Australia back-rower, if they can get him at the right price.

After starting his career on the wing at Parramatta, Williams played his best football on the northern beaches after shifting into the forwards. The 27-year-old has struggled to consistently reproduce the same form, resulting in his demotion to reserve grade.

The man dubbed T-Rex is in the final year of a lucrative contract, meaning Canterbury will likely have to pay some of his freight or offer another player as a swap to get a deal done. NRL clubs have until June 30 before the mid-season transfer closes.

Williams has scored 35 tries from 73 games for the Sea Eagles and the latest development could result in him adding to the tally. Manly officials hope a change of scene could reignite the career of the 193-centimetre, 120-kilogram giant.

Yep languishing for all of one week and then has sustained an injury. No doubt we will have to cough up a fair quota of his remaining contract money for this year.

The club needs to get cracking on this because:

If you're counting workdays or weekends, there are 23 weekdays and 10 weekend days.

If you include the end date of Jun 30, 2016 which is a Thursday, then there would be 24 weekdays and 10 weekend days including both the starting Saturday and the ending Thursday.

33 days is equal to 4 weeks and 5 days.

The total time span from 2016-05-28 to 2016-06-30 is 792 hours.

This is equivalent to 47,520 minutes.

You can also convert 33 days to 2,851,200 seconds.

Today is 28/5/2016 and 30/6/2016 is exactly 33 days from today.

Raikkonen

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Yep languishing for all of one week and then has sustained an injury. No doubt we will have to cough up a fair quota of his remaining contract money for this year.

The club needs to get cracking on this because:

If you're counting workdays or weekends, there are 23 weekdays and 10 weekend days.

If you include the end date of Jun 30, 2016 which is a Thursday, then there would be 24 weekdays and 10 weekend days including both the starting Saturday and the ending Thursday.

33 days is equal to 4 weeks and 5 days.

The total time span from 2016-05-28 to 2016-06-30 is 792 hours.

This is equivalent to 47,520 minutes.

You can also convert 33 days to 2,851,200 seconds.

Today is 28/5/2016 and 30/6/2016 is exactly 33 days from today.
Can I have the above information in dogs years/time please?

I'm trying to explain this to my dog.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can say first hand, not everyone in his family is as lazy and useless as him.......
highlight to find out the rest of the story. :grinning:
His 18yr old cousin at the time use to put in quite a performance in the backseat of my corolla a few years back.

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
People keep commenting about our playing style and how he did not adapt. That's complete bs. His got some good ball handling skills and if you can't use that run fkn hard into the smallest player you can find. He did neither. I'm sorry his not a nice guy, no heart and pissed on every player that worked their butt off.
I've got to agree with your diagnosis Doctor.

With this representative record: 5 Tests Aus (’11, ’12), Four Nations (’11), WC for Tonga (’08), Tonga (2016); 3 games NSW (2012, ’14), City Origin (’13) no one needs time to fit in. He was already there.

Status
Not open for further replies.