Timoteo Lafai - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
NRL Bulldogs ‏@NRL_Bulldogs 18h
Tim Lafai returns to the #VBNSWCup side to take on the @WindsorWolves this Saturday at Belmore

Tbh disappointing to hear, you put him in most other FG teams and he is a certain starter every week. Hope this is only due to the fact that we have the bye this week, although like I said a few days ago..can't see Des restructuring his backline for 1 player (especially given we are 6-7 weeks out of round 26).

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
unfortunately for lafai he will only be playing fg if there is injury or suspension.
I would have him in fg at centre and move inu to the wing and brown to nsw cup.
lafai has the tackle breaking ability which we need against top four teams

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're going to have to make room for this kid in first grade or watch him go to a rival club because he's way too good to be playing nsw cup. Potential superstar of the future he has all the makings of a world class centre. All this has been said about him in the past but it just feels like he's gone up a gear and is now commanding the attention of everyone, made chambers look completely pedestrian on the weekend and we all know what will is capable of.

Hate to say it but I think brown, who I absolutely love mind you, has to make way.

Even if we do have to re-shuffle the backline, Inu is an excellent winger and Morris has shown at representative level that he is comfortable both sides of the field.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He definitely has potential and skill already. To me, he offers more than Brown does but Brown hasn't done much wrong. He's not the best but he's certainly not the worst. As Jimmy mentioned, I don't see Des reshuffling the team. I would, but I'm not a coach.

Raysie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lafai needed to string more than 1 great performance together in a row. He's still a one hit wonder at the moment as much as I hate to say it.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Thing is Lafai hasn't done much wrong either, he's certainly a lot better than Brown or Perrett, and Inu is also most definitely a far better winger than either of them.

I can't see Des reshuffling the team either, but Lafai will leave if he lacks any FG time, especially when its clear he's a lot better than Brown and Perrett

adamski007

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I guess the big question is what is going to bring the best overall outcome with minimal risk?
From many different views & oppinions on here it appears the side will be more potent with Lafai than with Browne, Inu started with us on the wing so moving Inu to wing is not a risk and if anything is benefit for the team with in itself & then bringing Lafai in well that speaks for itself, you never know Dessie might suprise us all.

Lenny

Waterboy
Reaction score
NRL Bulldogs ‏@NRL_Bulldogs 18h
Tim Lafai returns to the #VBNSWCup side to take on the @WindsorWolves this Saturday at Belmore

Tbh disappointing to hear, you put him in most other FG teams and he is a certain starter every week. Hope this is only due to the fact that we have the bye this week, although like I said a few days ago..can't see Des restructuring his backline for 1 player (especially given we are 6-7 weeks out of round 26).
After his performance last week it would be good to see him cement a spot for a while because I think he will keep improving but cant see Hasler pushing Inu to the wing to accommodate him

In which teams is he a certain starter? Possibly Parra, Sharks or Titans -

Brisbane: Hodges, Reed
Canberra: Croker, Ferguson
Cowboys: Tate, Linnett
Dragons: Cooper, Stanley
Knights: Gagai, Leilui, Tahu
Sea Eagles: Lyon, Matai
Storm: Chambers, O'Neill, Sa'u
Sharks: Wright, Pomeroy, Mills
Panthers: Whare, Tighe, Naigami
Parra: Loko, Tonga, Morgan
Roosters: Jennings, Kenny-Dowell
Warriors: Hurrell, Nielson, Topati
Tigers: Lawrence, Simona, Ayshford
Titans: Idris, Takairaki
Souths: Champion, King, Goodwin, Walker

Lenny

Waterboy
Reaction score
The argument has always been you do not weaken 1 position to strengthen another.

I do not think Lafai is a better centre than Inu or Morris but I think Inu is a better winger than Perrett & Brown

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
The argument has always been you do not weaken 1 position to strengthen another.

I do not think Lafai is a better centre than Inu or Morris but I think Inu is a better winger than Perrett & Brown
Hence why Brown should be dropped, Inu moved to wing and Lafai into centre, if indeed he was to be in the back line. I think he is too good of a player to be left out of the FG side and I would hate to see him leave the dogs because he can't get consistent FG games.

Lenny

Waterboy
Reaction score
Hence why Brown should be dropped, Inu moved to wing and Lafai into centre, if indeed he was to be in the back line. I think he is too good of a player to be left out of the FG side and I would hate to see him leave the dogs because he can't get consistent FG games.
I agree. But like I said, I dont think Hasler will do that.

I think he will keep getting better the more games he plays in the top grade so they should make changes to accommodate him

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
After his performance last week it would be good to see him cement a spot for a while because I think he will keep improving but cant see Hasler pushing Inu to the wing to accommodate him

In which teams is he a certain starter? Possibly Parra, Sharks or Titans -

Brisbane: Hodges, Reed
Canberra: Croker, Ferguson
Cowboys: Tate, Linnett
Dragons: Cooper, Stanley
Knights: Gagai, Leilui, Tahu
Sea Eagles: Lyon, Matai
Storm: Chambers, O'Neill, Sa'u
Sharks: Wright, Pomeroy, Mills
Panthers: Whare, Tighe, Naigami
Parra: Loko, Tonga, Morgan
Roosters: Jennings, Kenny-Dowell
Warriors: Hurrell, Nielson, Topati
Tigers: Lawrence, Simona, Ayshford
Titans: Idris, Takairaki
Souths: Champion, King, Goodwin, Walker
Would start at Broncos, Cowboys, Knights, Sharks, Penrith, Parramatta, Titans and Souths.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Last night josh morris set up an excellent try at right centre and looked the best he has in that position. Maybe a permanent switch there to accomodate lafai at left centre is on the cards.

Pa-28

Bring back the BIFF!!!
Reaction score
The problem is that Morris and Lafai are both left centers, they can both play on the right side but are no where near as effective.

Morris_Hands

Waterboy
Reaction score
I just hope Des and the staff are looking at the numbers when Lafai plays. Our winning % and defensive stats on his side are simply better when he is in the team (6 wins 3 losses with him in the team). At this point, his form is simply better than Inu's (plus the rumours that Inu hasn't been training as hard as last year), therefore Inu has to shift to the wing with Brown to drop out.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
I just hope Des and the staff are looking at the numbers when Lafai plays. Our winning % and defensive stats on his side are simply better when he is in the team (6 wins 3 losses with him in the team). At this point, his form is simply better than Inu's (plus the rumours that Inu hasn't been training as hard as last year), therefore Inu has to shift to the wing with Brown to drop out.
If Inu hasn't been putting in at training he should be dropped, not moved to the wing. Our backline has been unsuccessful to say the least this year. Morris hasn't scored yet has he? Lafai played really well last week and that performance will put real pressure on Inu and Morris to perform or be dropped. That is as it should be.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Inu doesnt look unfit or under-trained. He makes errors, and others do too. Hes capable of freaky shit and his x factor will keep him in the side unless he starts playing bad. Morris hasnt had a lot of opportunities this year, seems to be heavily marked. Browne has been good too and scoring tries. Lafai has been pretty good and also has x factor.

In a battle of x factor, Browne loses out to Inu, Perrett, Morris, Lafai.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
Lol Lafai was coppin it at the start of the year now his golden child NFI

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol Lafai was coppin it at the start of the year now his golden child NFI
Your only as good as your last game as they say, I expect him to get blasted if he plays shit in his next first grade game.

Status
Not open for further replies.