Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Gonna be great to get back a full strength team. Going by the game on friday we are definitely heading in the right direction and I hope we can put in a strong performance against the warriors.
It will be a better gauge than the last two of our games to see how we are really travelling as the Warriors aren't a walk in the park at home.

RO11LR

Pup
Reaction score
He had Koroibete going round in circles and falling over himself on friday , played very well

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
Bump.

Tim Lafai has been great this season, I think he should keep his spot for the rest of the season with Inu moving to the wing.

The backline would look something like this:

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Perret
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson

Lafai seems to be able to create space every time the ball is spread wide to him.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Bump.

Tim Lafai has been great this season, I think he should keep his spot for the rest of the season with Inu moving to the wing.

The backline would look something like this:

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Perret
6. Reynolds
7. Hodkinson

Lafai seems to be able to create space every time the ball is spread wide to him.
He needs to stop rushing in on defence and pass on overlaps instead of killing the momentum but he has been very good!

That is also our strongest backline for the year tbh

The.X.Factor

Forum Maniac
Reaction score
He needs to stop rushing in on defence and pass on overlaps instead of killing the momentum but he has been very good!
Thats our style of defence though, the "up and in" defence; every player on Lafai's side came in to try and shut the play down.

That is also our strongest backline for the year tbh
Yeah, here's hoping Des see's it that way too.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats our style of defence though, the "up and in" defence; every player on Lafai's side came in to try and shut the play down.

Yeah, here's hoping Des see's it that way too.
Agree with the defense thing but he over commits at times.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
CroydonDog, Lafai and Brown swapped sides this game (despite jersey numbers).

Lafai was play left centre with Low outside him. (Remember when we scored the Low > Lafai bat back was on the same left side of field! :grinning: )
Brown was right centre with Perrett outside him.

Lafai @ left centre was a HUGE difference to Lafai normally at right centre. His defence was much better.

Still I feel Brown has done nothing to lose his spot, and (until tonights game) has constantly outplayed Lafai.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
CroydonDog, Lafai and Brown swapped sides this game (despite jersey numbers).

Lafai was play left centre with Low outside him. (Remember when we scored the Low > Lafai bat back was on the same left side of field! :grinning: )
Brown was right centre with Perrett outside him.

Lafai @ left centre was a HUGE difference to Lafai normally at right centre. His defence was much better.

Still I feel Brown has done nothing to lose his spot, and (until tonights game) has constantly outplayed Lafai.
:grinning: thans Mr I.. I must admit I felt I was mixing those 2 all night....

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
:grinning: thans Mr I.. I must admit I felt I was mixing those 2 all night....
I Can no longer tell the difference between Hodko, Graham and Tolman. Also, now that Benny has shaved his head, I kept thinking he was Pritchard! And seeing as I always get Pritchard and Kasiano mixed up... :| Add to that, Perret and Lafai. My god, our team is full of lookalikes.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I Can no longer tell the difference between Hodko, Graham and Tolman. Also, now that Benny has shaved his head, I kept thinking he was Pritchard! And seeing as I always get Pritchard and Kasiano mixed up... :| Add to that, Perret and Lafai. My god, our team is full of lookalikes.
Appreciate the humour. But at ANZ with us being so far from the action, I think it's forgivable to get players mixed up occassionally.

Even Tolman and Graham at one stage looked pretty similar (haircuts were close), as were Pritchard & Kasiano (brown and bearded) before Sam got fat(ter).

coreyhart

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Against the Drag-Queens Tim played probably his best game for the Doggies - on his fave LHS.

Old Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Against the Drag-Queens Tim played probably his best game for the Doggies - on his fave LHS.
Tim is a future superstar, as long as he plays left centre. It's obviously his natural side. Which is a pity. Can we keep him while he continues to rank behind Josh Morris is this position? I doubt it. Some club looking for a classsy left centre will eventually make Tim an offer he can't refuse.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe Josh can play right centre?

Here's how I tell them apart:

Hodko - Shorter and stockier.
Graham - Look for a tinge of ginger hair. Plus he's stockier.
Tolman - Taller than Graham with lighter hair.
Benny - Easy to pick, hes at the back.
Pritchard - Look for a little tuft of hair.
Kasiano - Look for no hair.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The numbers on the back of their jerseys always help ;)

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
a little article in the local rag about timmy...

MINTO centre Tim Lafai lit up ANZ Stadium on Friday nigh, scoring two tries for the Canterbury Bulldogs in their 16-14 victory against St George Illawarra Dragons.

The 22-year-old talent made his hunger for a regular NRL first-grade spot clear, with a try in the 25th minute after some excellent footwork fooled three St George defenders.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...o8217s-tim-lafai/story-fngr8ifg-1226656945355

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks at home in FG. Would love to see him a regular in the centres with the backline looking like this;

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Perrett

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Looks at home in FG. Would love to see him a regular in the centres with the backline looking like this;

1. Barba
2. Inu
3. Morris
4. Lafai
5. Perrett
I think that will be our backline once Tim has a few more games tbh. So are Inu, Lafai and Folau school friends from going off that article, could that add to why Folau might be linked to our club?

Status
Not open for further replies.