Timoteo Lafai - 2013 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue&White

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no point having a back (especially a winger ) on the bench . They don't see much of the ball and less likely to be injured . It will also ruin the rotation for subs and incase of injury in the back row or centres or even dummy half you need a utility in that position . How about that for sense and I hope that's constructive to you.
Mate, I can't believe u have to state the obvious

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lafai was superb last year before he got injured now hes back to that form ,no doubt he has to keep his spot and inu to wing which now gives dogs another dimension a winger who can leap high and score tries off cross field bombs

bulldogtimbo

Hazem's kicking tee.
Reaction score
There is no point having a back (especially a winger ) on the bench . They don't see much of the ball and less likely to be injured . It will also ruin the rotation for subs and incase of injury in the back row or centres or even dummy half you need a utility in that position . How about that for sense and I hope that's constructive to you.
Mate if you had a look at Browns career and even his build you would see that he can play back-row.Brown has played back-row AND centre in his time at the Tigers just coz he has only played on the wing here doesn't mean he is only a winger.
Is Halatau only a back-rower?
At least you explained yourself instead of that stupid reply to my earlier post.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Mate if you had a look at Browns career and even his build you would see that he can play back-row.Brown has played back-row AND centre in his time at the Tigers just coz he has only played on the wing here doesn't mean he is only a winger.
At least you explained yourself instead of that stupid reply to my earlier post.
my problem with your theory is if he was placed on the bench, he'd solely be there to replace a backrower. now given he's played most of his footy out on the flanks and halatau mostly in the backrow, and does a solid job might i add, i know who'd i choose.

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
He played well but made some very selfish plays that would not have resulted in tries against better opposition. He's a good player and his time will come. It's a good place to be in but the nature of the game is that sometimes you get dropped even when you're playing well. It means our club is strong right now when players like Lafai and Marty and Klemmer and brown cant get a regular gig.

Unfortunately there is no place for sentimentality. We have a ladder to climb

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would you get rid of for him huh?
Pritchard -no chance
T. rex - common
Finicane -plEase
Jackson - your out of your mind
Eastwood- ur not normal
Halatau - ur dreaming .
Sorry to say he is a good player but not better than the forwards we have nor the backs we have . He is a good back up for wing - centre .that is All please wake up to yourself!!

immortalbulldog

Eternal Doggy
Reaction score
Most notable improvement is his decision making, at times in the past he has made some bad calls as to when to pass or run it tonight was 100%
He almost made a few unforgivable decisions on Friday when he ran away for his support player but luckily the opposition was rubbish and he was able to reassess before the play fell apart

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Brown is a winger, safe under the high ball, a decent finisher and knows how to find the line.
Lafai is a centre, has brilliant footwork and speed to burn IF he gets in the open.

Two completely different players though.

I don't see Lafai being anywhere near as effective as a winger, whereas Brown is already a winger and proving himself.

It all depends where Inu slots back in.

If Inu returns in the centres, I'd expect Brown to stay on the wing.
If Inu returns on the wing, I'd expect Lafai to stay in the centres.

Lafai's dominant step makes him tricky to play as a winger, as unless him and Perrett swap, Lafai is stepping towards the sideline.

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brown is a winger, safe under the high ball, a decent finisher and knows how to find the line.
Lafai is a centre, has brilliant footwork and speed to burn IF he gets in the open.

Two completely different players though.

I don't see Lafai being anywhere near as effective as a winger, whereas Brown is already a winger and proving himself.

It all depends where Inu slots back in.

If Inu returns in the centres, I'd expect Brown to stay on the wing.
If Inu returns on the wing, I'd expect Lafai to stay in the centres.

Lafai's dominant step makes him tricky to play as a winger, as unless him and Perrett swap, Lafai is stepping towards the sideline.
I do believe lafai is a better centre than inu, I also believe inu is a better winger than brown , they are fact , don't have to stress about who should be dropped . The combination of lafai and Perret is going to be to hard to break unless of injury . I believe Morris and imu can get a good combination going .

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I do believe lafai is a better centre than inu, I also believe inu is a better winger than brown , they are fact , don't have to stress about who should be dropped . The combination of lafai and Perret is going to be to hard to break unless of injury . I believe Morris and imu can get a good combination going .
I think a Morris and Inu combo would be lethal in attack and defense, an Australian centre and a New Zelaand winger/centre, that would truly be a world class combo!

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
well inu did start with us on the wing and got mom as well. so its not out of the equation.

toy boy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Knowing how DES was last year with Jono write as much I'd love for inu to come back in place of Browne I highly doubt it...
Lafai jst has to bid his time to origin comes around and he'll be playing on his favoured side in place of Morris who's got his own drama trying to find the line???? What's doing there

DogsFan4Life

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Knowing how DES was last year with Jono write as much I'd love for inu to come back in place of Browne I highly doubt it...
Lafai jst has to bid his time to origin comes around and he'll be playing on his favoured side in place of Morris who's got his own drama trying to find the line???? What's doing there
Take my word for it lafai ain't going nowhere !! Brown will be dropped in place of inu

ninja_h

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Big improvement since last couple of games. Less ball hogging, much better coordination with Perrett esp in last Friday game. Keep up the good work son.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
That's a lethal combination & is what will happen IMO - how could you not go with that option
Should be our full strength back line tbh. Brown is an effective replacement if any of our backs were to be injured but I just don't see him being there when Inu returns from his suspension. Is it next week or the week after he returns?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Should be our full strength back line tbh. Brown is an effective replacement if any of our backs were to be injured but I just don't see him being there when Inu returns from his suspension. Is it next week or the week after he returns?
I think he is back in 2 weeks as he copped 5 games in round 4. We play Newcastle.

Btw, mentioned somewhere else Lafai and Perrett look to have formed a deadly combination and I doubt Desmond will break that up. Brown to make way for Inu on the wing.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
I think he is back in 2 weeks as he copped 5 games in round 4. We play Newcastle.

Btw, mentioned somewhere else Lafai and Perrett look to have formed a deadly combination and I doubt Desmond will break that up. Brown to make way for Inu on the wing.
Gonna be great to get back a full strength team. Going by the game on friday we are definitely heading in the right direction and I hope we can put in a strong performance against the warriors.

Status
Not open for further replies.