Time to reach out and be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Derp Pay is incompetent and it's clear as day. Like i have said before, all the Pay supporters do is make excuses over and over again for why he can't do well instead of actually saying what he is doing well. His tactical nous is non existent. The **** is a VERY simple coach.
Well young fella, you list the coaching deficiencies you see & your coaching credentials.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Fear.The.Roo Pretty sure a bloke called the Skippy God, could easily get things working again. he taught us valuable lessons in life, like we can all strive to be coaches, if we just work hard.

But does that really make them the right decision?

It's honestly hard to imagine we'd be worse on the ladder, and on the field under the old reigme, and I would LOVE to know what there plans for cap management were.

In addition to this I'd love to hear from the "new crew" in why that same approach couldn't have been applied now.

I know that people argue "well they'd just keep backdating and backdating contracts", but what's the end result there? That contracts expire and aren't renewed!
I think that their plans went out the window & would have been in deep trouble because the factored on the cap being a fair bit higher. It all stems from incompetent management from the NRL for taking so long to set the actual salary cap. They gambled heavily & lost the house.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Well it’s not working out for pay up to this point. Maybe he can’t coach, maybe he can..

I guess his time to prove himself is counting down an ticking away.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well young fella, you list the coaching deficiencies you see & your coaching credentials.
I have listed them multiple times, go back and read if you must.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
That’s unproven statement and hear say

And furthermore who could do a better job that was available at the time of his appointment or will be available on completion of his current contract?

Think about it for a minute
And your statement is proven and non hearsay??? HA.

Coaching contracts are far different. Any coach and become available at anytime for the right price.

Pay is a Ricky Stuart clone. His tactics are near identical. Even from the second row holding the ball in the scrum.

He as the coach needs to form a game around the players available. NOT try to implement a game plan that doesn't suit them.

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No that’s a defeatist attitude. We are just half way through the season and the attitude and application the team puts in for the rest of the season is optional. It’s a big test for Pay early in his head coaching career but he needs to stop the slide and find a way to start winning games
Well said

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think you must be related to that stupid dumb ass reporter that Jacko put in his place during the after match press conference. Please outline your coaching credentials and what qualifies you to judge a Club legend like Dean Pays coaching credentials??
What credentials he's a rookie,meaning never coached a 1st grade side.I think he needs help from an experienced coach,we are not in a good position and unfair on a rookie coach.Can you honestly say the team plays to a good structure we only put 10 points (lowest) on a team that has been smashed by 9 other teams! Coaches live and die by results,I'm a Pay fan and I hate to see him get crucified by the media if we get 2 spoons in a row.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I think that their plans went out the window & would have been in deep trouble because the factored on the cap being a fair bit higher. It all stems from incompetent management from the NRL for taking so long to set the actual salary cap. They gambled heavily & lost the house.
Have to agree there... take a bow John Grant for the sanctimonious swanning around and beating of ones chest. It was this man that started the downhill slide by takling to clubs, beating the chest and stating what the cap would be (before it was officially announced).

Then when he fucked up he jumped ship and left the NRL, and left Greenberg to announce the cap very late.... by which time the damage was done with some teams (that had based it off Grants amount).

If the NRL were smart they would have simply said "Okay we fucked up, but this will now the be cap", instead the renigged and undercut the claimed amount by some margin.

Only problem with sticking to the amount Grant had quoted, was that the NRL was struggling and sweating on a $30 million loan from the banks in order to pay forwards grants to clubs.

Loan gets granted, Greenberg slashes the cap amount, and who knows where the spare money went.

I find it funny though that the NRL aare boasting (literally just the other day), of nearly $30 million profits at half yearly report. Yet fail to mention that $30 million+ is a loan thats due for repayment. If the banks called it in now NRL would be in the negative.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Aren't u the same staunch Hasler supporter who gave me shit for years because I didn't like Hasler and said who am I to question Hasler. How did Hasler do after all. You were one of his loud supporters all these years..
Not me,I've only joined this forum less then 3 months ago.I'm a newbie.
How about we do a side wager,if you find ONE good thing that I ever said about Hasler I'll donate 10 grand to any Canterbury junior club,if you don't you do the same.Willing to back yourself up?

Last edited:

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
[QUOTE="Fear.The.Roo, post: 3369074,

Lol at the arm chair coaches of the kennel.
Incorrect i was on a beanbag when i won my grandfinals[/QUOTE]
It’s the opinions, passion and interest from all the arm chair fans that allows them to play this game professionally. I am no NRL coach but I am definitely allowed an opinion on how the team I devote time and money to support play.
What I will say is Pay has looked at changing players around but I haven’t seen him do anything particularly well so far. I am willing to give him time and form the team the way he wants. I just hope the team improves before the end of the season and that is the worst we will ever see them play

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yet another Fuck Pay thread,

When will people realise that NO COACH could do more given the situation Pay walked into.

Lol at the arm chair coaches of the kennel.
I fail to see how this is a fuck Pay thread.I'm not gunning for his blood,but the contrary.If I came across that way it's my fault for not communicating well,but I thought I made myself clear in my conclusion.
I believe it's tough and unfair for a rookie coach to have to sort out one of the biggest screw ups in rugby league.Maybe someone with more experience like Gould at Penrith can be employed at our club.He can guide him and carry the players issues whilst Pay concentrates solely on coaching.I feel sorry for the dude bro,his career could be killed before it even starts like Toovey and Taylor.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Ok let's agree on that. So what does that make Des. He was arguably the hardest working, most analytical and tactical, and loved and respected by all players and managers. Where did we finish last season again and how good is our squad today. Who signed Foran?

I take the rookie coach every day of the week.
I don't agree Des was "the hardest working, most analytical and tactical, and loved and respected by all players and managers" post 2014, but like you said let's agree on that.
Des,although he might have had all the good attributes you credited him for,fell into a different trap,he never evolved his game.Other coaches analyzed it,countered it and his great attributes were history.

Plus his player development,retention,recruitment and agreement negotiation were the worst of any rugby league coach in history.Leaving one club in disarray is bad enough,this fool did it twice.
If there was a coaching association he should be deregistered or charged for bringing the coaching community into disrepute.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The coach picked Holland to be on the bench and he can play centre/wing. I’m not calling him the saviour but all but one try came from that side being shredded. Good coaches make tactical adjustments when they are losing. How many line breaks went through that side in the first half alone? It was at least 5 which should more than warrant a tactical adjustment. Those are things the coach can control or at least try and influence.
Also Montoya wasn’t playing this badly last year. The fans are right to call for out of form players to be dropped.
He wasn't exposed in defense as much last year.Mbye is a heaps better defender then Foran or Frawley.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I fail to see how this is a fuck Pay thread.I'm not gunning for his blood,but the contrary.If I came across that way it's my fault for not communicating well,but I thought I made myself clear in my conclusion.
I believe it's tough and unfair for a rookie coach to have to sort out one of the biggest screw ups in rugby league.Maybe someone with more experience like Gould at Penrith can be employed at our club.He can guide him and carry the players issues whilst Pay concentrates solely on coaching.I feel sorry for the dude bro,his career could be killed before it even starts like Toovey and Taylor.
Sorry if I took your thread the wrong way and if I got triggered,

There has been so much Pay bashing, that I’m just sick of it given the circumstances.

It’s a forum after all and I shouldn’t be dictating people opinions or what they discuss

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crap. If the NRL's so incompetent, then all 16 clubs would be in cap shit right now.
We, and we only, chose to act on speculation before NRL pen hit paper. On that point, you're right. So what does that say about the business acumen of the previous Dog administration?
Let's ask the 13,000 empty seats at Belmore on Saturday why. THEY know something the rest of us don't. They're voting with their feet!

Hot Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I don't agree Des was "the hardest working, most analytical and tactical, and loved and respected by all players and managers" post 2014, but like you said let's agree on that.
Des,although he might have had all the good attributes you credited him for,fell into a different trap,he never evolved his game.Other coaches analyzed it,countered it and his great attributes were history.

Plus his player development,retention,recruitment and agreement negotiation were the worst of any rugby league coach in history.Leaving one club in disarray is bad enough,this fool did it twice.
If there was a coaching association he should be deregistered or charged for bringing the coaching community into disrepute.
Agree 100%

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Not me,I've only joined this forum less then 3 months ago.I'm a newbie.
How about we do a side wager,if you find ONE good thing that I ever said about Hasler I'll donate 10 grand to any Canterbury junior club,if you don't you do the same.Willing to back yourself up?
That reply wasnt for you lol it was replied to Qlddog comments who loved Hasler and always defended him

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
So last year Holland was our worst player according to most on here and everyone wanted him dropped for Montoya. This year the same people think he is our saviour in the centres or wing and Montoya is rubbish.
The fickleness of fans the world over lol.Love a bandwagon,hate a sinking ship..

Status
Not open for further replies.