Time to reach out and be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Pay gets the wooden spoon does he still have support on here? We know the cap situation isn’t the best but coming last should never be an option for us
I will still support Pay. Coming last is not his option either, I reckon. Pay needs some credit for turning up at training each week. If he is given better ingredients, that will be the time to cry if the soufflé doesn't rise.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't understand all the hate with Woods, it would be wrong for the club to shop him around if he wants to stay, but as some have said that he wants to go then the club should let him go ASAP.
The club never said they are shopping anyone around that's all media bs.I personally asked Hill about this issue.I'm practically quoting him verbatim.

"We not not shopping players around.But we are willing to listen to approaches for players. We are not asking clubs by saying, ‘do you want a certain player?’. If they come to us and show interest, we are willing to listen. But it must be a pretty attractive offer for us to consider letting any elite players go.We are already paying for five players at other clubs,we must avoid adding any more”

The newly formed recruitment committee want to sign 5,6 now with Mbye gone,good squad players.They believe that some of our elite players are not worth the price of 2 good squad players going forward.The 3 players that would attract their interest,if approached with an attractive offer are Woods,Mbye and Foran,because they are the highest paid players.Our back line dept is their biggest concern.We already have 24 players signed up for 2019.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It the players continue to perform like they did yesterday then sure we probably get the spoon. But it is the job of the players and coaching staff to win games. The defending on the left edge yesterday was pathetic. As has some of the defending on the right edge. Maybe if we choose to fix those issues we’ll fare better in the future. These performances by the players are unacceptable and the fans deserve better
The leaky left edge has been commented upon by the likes of Gould, Ennis and Sterling - so people shouldn't have a go at "armchair" coaches in the Kennel forum when they're on the same page as the experts. Our problems are so obvious, even a newbie to the game can see them. Pay will be well aware; but concerned not to make mass sackings when the replacements are not ready for the move to first grade. It is a massive leap in fitness and toughness to go up from reserves. Some are ready, and many would be demolished.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Sorry if I took your thread the wrong way and if I got triggered,

There has been so much Pay bashing, that I’m just sick of it given the circumstances.

It’s a forum after all and I shouldn’t be dictating people opinions or what they discuss
No problems,I understand bro.I stand neutral,I just feel we need to look outside the box.Our club has been in crises now for a few years.I've been a fan since 1967 and it hurts me to see our club or anyone connected to it get bashed.Cheers.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don’t forget that Montoya was dropped before Bmoz baby being born.Guarantee there will be big changes next game.I hear they have even got a new bus driver!!!

froggy

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think you must be related to that stupid dumb ass reporter that Jacko put in his place during the after match press conference. Please outline your coaching credentials and what qualifies you to judge a Club legend like Dean Pays coaching credentials??
I take offence to calling Dean Pay a club legend. Do you realise he only played 85 games in 5 seasons before he sold his soul to go to our arch rivals Parramatta as part of the treacherous 4.

There are many players you can call legends of our great club. Pay is not one of them. He was a good first grader for us until he took the cash and ran.

As for his coaching can you tell me what he has introduced to this group after he stated things would change.

He is out of his depth. We are in a big hole and unfortunately Pay is digging and not filling the hole.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
No you can't, you can coach.

Buggar off. :p
I had a mouthful of walnuts and beer when I read your post.
I burst out laughing.This pretty boy that's got the hots for my daughter,was sitting across my desk in my study trying to impress me.
He copped a mouthful smack in the face.

Last edited:

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
I will still support Pay. Coming last is not his option either, I reckon. Pay needs some credit for turning up at training each week. If he is given better ingredients, that will be the time to cry if the soufflé doesn't rise.
Can someone please, just to give an example of ineptence of Bulldogs administration, why it was acceptable for Mr Kasiano to play unfit for the Bulldogs (ie overweight) and now he is a much fitter and lean man at the Storm.(because Storm being so professional would have it no other way)
Why is it ok for us?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can someone please, just to give an example of ineptence of Bulldogs administration, why it was acceptable for Mr Kasiano to play unfit for the Bulldogs (ie overweight) and now he is a much fitter and lean man at the Storm.(because Storm being so professional would have it no other way)
Why is it ok for us?
Don't know.

At this level, players should be self starters- and not require coaches or administrators to get them fit. The coach is the planning and tactics manager, not their personal fitness trainer. They are paid big bucks because they're professional, fit, and ready- and all that should come with the package their agents are selling when a club signs them up.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why is it ok for us?
And his loss of weight has him playing better football? Admin not about to tell coaching staff that a player is overweight because they may not like the finger being pointed back at them,oh and plus iits got funk all to do with the admin who I gather u mean the ceo and board members?

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Aren't u the same staunch Hasler supporter who gave me shit for years because I didn't like Hasler and said who am I to question Hasler. How did Hasler do after all. You were one of his loud supporters all these years..
I was, like a lot of others on this Forum however, I will always give the coach 100% support no matter who he is, in Haslers case I believe he was given to much power specially in the administration side of the business looking at it in hindsight but, I still will give my full support to Dean Pay right now and will continue to do so until the our roster gets sorted out.
I think we are in a very similar situation to when Wayneee Poo walked out on the Knights, at least Hasler didn't put up the white flag and I doubt if Dean would will not do the same.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow maybe the dogs aren’t the worst team after watching the Tiggers lol,good luck with that mob a bye.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wow maybe the dogs aren’t the worst team after watching the Tiggers lol,good luck with that mob a bye.
Mbye will save them.

I bet they won't make the finals lol

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mbye stupid auto correct

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Wonder how James Graham feels considering he volunteered to take a pay cut so Mbye could stay at the dogs and then eventually was forced to leave only to see Mbye negotiate his way out of the dogs anyway.If anyone thinks he didn’t make first contact with the tigers I have two words for you..Josh Reynolds...

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wonder how James Graham feels considering he volunteered to take a pay cut so Mbye could stay at the dogs and then eventually was forced to leave only to see Mbye negotiate his way out of the dogs anyway.If anyone thinks he didn’t make first contact with the tigers I have two words for you..Josh Reynolds...
The paycut was for Reynolds and not Mbye

Mbye already got his multi-million dollar contract

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You cant be serious.Pay needs some credit for turning up at work.
He gets paid big money to do it,he's not coaching a park team for love.You think other new coaches Garth Brennan (Titans) and Anthony Seibold (Souths) weren't in the same position?

Every coach was a rookie once,some make it some flop,that's a fact.If he took the job knowing all the inner details about the squad he was inheriting,then it's his fault and there should be no excuses.He overestimated his abilities.If he didn't know,then he was a fool for not doing his homework.You don't enter a cave in utter darkness then blame the cave because you got lost!

But regardless,my intention for the thread wasn't to bash Pay.Our club is in a mess,we have a rookie coach and I believe the club should do whatever possible to help him.Maybe spending more money and employing an advisor or coach's manager like Gould at Penrith might help share the load.Supporters and the media can be very demanding and I cant see him surviving another 2 years of failure.

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You cant be serious.Pay needs some credit for turning up at work.
He gets paid big money to do it,he's not coaching a park team for love.You think other new coaches Garth Brennan (Titans) and Anthony Seibold (Souths) weren't in the same position?

Every coach was a rookie once,some make it some flop,that's a fact.If he took the job knowing all the inner details about the squad he was inheriting,then it's his fault and there should be no excuses.He overestimated his abilities.If he didn't know,then he was a fool for not doing his homework.You don't enter a cave in utter darkness then blame the cave because you got lost!

But regardless,my intention for the thread wasn't to bash Pay.Our club is in a mess,we have a rookie coach and I believe the club should do whatever possible to help him.Maybe spending more money and employing an advisor or coach's manager like Gould at Penrith might help share the load.Supporters and the media can be very demanding and I cant see him surviving another 2 years of failure.
Chris Anderson is a fantastic advisor

Status
Not open for further replies.