Thinking exercise. Best dogs team of all time?

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Barba
2. Hazem
3. Tonga/Vagana
4. J.Morris
5. Utai
6. Lamb
7. Mortimer
8. O'Melley
9. Ennis
10. Mason
11. Ryan
12. SBW
13. Price

GL beating that team lol
Easy just bomb to Utais wing and run at Mortimer

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1.Barba
2.Ado Carr
3.Jmoz
4.Burton
5.Elmasri
6.Lamb
7.Thurston
8. S.Price
9.J.Hetrington
10. Omealy
11.Mason.
12.SBW
13.Bradley Clyde

14.J.Graham
15. Pritchard
16. Bobcat
17. S.Mortimer

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's ok Nasheed, you might be too young to remember how explosive Utai was before the Matt Sing game
Not Nasheed Uleh, but it doesn’t matter how explosive he was he got solved because he was 4ft flat and got bombed harder than Kharkiv.
So why would you want him in your team to play tomorrow for YOUR LIFE if the world knows his big weakness?

see how it’s a thinking exercise.

longy0303

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
1.barba
2. foxx
3. tonga
4. vagana.
5. morris
6. lamb
7. mortimer
8. o'meley
9. hetherington
10. price
11. mason
12. bobcat.
13. t norton
14. graham
15. pritchard
16. britt
17. SBW

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Every time Steve is brought up people get emotional and then there is debate whether he suits the modern game or not.
Well you can't call for the best team of all time without him. He won 4 x Premierships with the dogs.

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well you can't call for the best team of all time without him. He won 4 x Premierships with the dogs.
So would you be comfortable with the Steve Mortimer of 1983 being implanted into todays team for round 1 2023? As is?

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 The General
2 B Moz
3 J Moz
4 C Mortimer
5 El Magic
6 Baa
7 Turvey
8 Ogre
9 Hetherington
10 Tunks
11 Gillespie
12 Folkes
13 Dymock
14 J Smith
15 Mason
16 Jammer
17 Pay

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
1 The General
2 B Moz
3 J Moz
4 C Mortimer
5 El Magic
6 Baa
7 Turvey
8 Ogre
9 Hetherington
10 Tunks
11 Gillespie
12 Folkes
13 Dymock
14 J Smith
15 Mason
16 Jammer
17 Pay
VS
1 Barba
2 Utai
3 Mcracken
4 Vagana
5 Foxx
6 Burto
7 Sherwin
8 Dunn
9 Ennis
10 Britt
11 Ryan
12 Gould
13 Langmack
14 Polly
15 Brohman
16 Pritchard
17 Price

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
You forgot Daniel Holdsworth and Heka Nanai

MirandaDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So would you be comfortable with the Steve Mortimer of 1983 being implanted into todays team for round 1 2023? As is?
You’re right Nashy
I would definitely select Flanno over Turvey for R1 2023. Turvey is divisive and only played behind a good pack. I remember watching him kick over the top of the other team so he wouldn’t get tackled and then standing behind the other players so he wouldn’t have to tackle. And those cover tackles he allegedly made, that’s just all YouTube editing. If Turvey was any good then why isn’t he playing now? That’s right…couldn’t cop it in the modern game. He’s divisive. they should delete him from the team of the century.

And that Evan Clearly he’s got rocks in his head selecting To’o every week. The guy is 4ft nothing, they will start running over the top of him soon. Like they used to with the myth Utai. I don’t know how he tricked Bulldoggs into 127 games. Probably played on the other side from the coach hiding behind the touchie. 71 tries from 71 clean breaks by the centre. Is he ever mentioned by TK. No and there’s a reason.
good on you Nashy…keep up the fight, eventually everyone will see you’re right specially when they watch the 46 life changing games with Ben Kimmorley for the mighty white and blues.
on your next post do a poll. Is Turvi a myth yes or no?
And then the next poll should be …is The lovemachine a total fwit yes or yes

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
*best never was bulldogs team of all time*
Jack Elsegood and Moses Suli are two that come to mind.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Your rules are shit. Go add 10kgs muscle and some speed to every player in bygone eras cuz they certainly would have given today's training methods and time in training. If you just want to exclude everyone prior to 1995 because you're biased just say so.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your rules are shit. Go add 10kgs muscle and some speed to every player in bygone eras cuz they certainly would have given today's training methods and time in training. If you just want to exclude everyone prior to 1995 because you're biased just say so.
exactly, they'd catch up pretty quick given the opportunity to train and learn about the given era they were dropped into

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll explore the answer in thre parts.
Of all the past dogs coaches who I had to plonk into this team, honestly it would be Hasler. All players love playing fro him. BUT, I would not let him oversee recruitment. We actually haven’t had many good coaches by modern game standards. Anderson wouldn’t suit. Folkes was lol, Moore was one dimensional and Pay and Barrett just didn’t have it. Anyone in the 80s and earlier would not be suited to the game now.
Of all the current coaches in the game I would like to see Fitzgibbon or Bellamy or Payten.

Of all coaches of all time from any era I would like to have Bennett in his heyday as he would suit the dogs of war style others did but never perfected.
#stillfishing

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is it flawed criteria?
It is not flawed it IS the criteria.
And I make the rules here.
The point of this thread is the greatest team that could take the field tomorrow so spare me the other era talk.
You want the greatest team thst can play tomorrow, then choose from todays team and lose "the greatest" title. While you're at it lose the shit fucking attitude. You make no rules anywhere.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the team I'd love to see run out for us. Doesn't matter if Baa's toe-poking goals at 60% cause there's tries galore and not a loss in sight!

Ben Barba
Josh Addo Carr
Josh Morris
Tony Currie
Nigel Vagana
Terry Lamb
Steve Mortimer
Andrew Ryan
Sonny Bill Williams
Viliame Kikau
David Gillespie
Damian Cook