Thinking exercise. Best dogs team of all time?

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a thought provoking one, for the off season and that is who is the best bulldogs team of all time you would choose to represent you if your life depended on it.

Here are the rules.
1. Must have played for the doggs
2. You can choose them as they were at the peak of their bulldogg power.
3. This side must be selected as they are/were to play the game today. So don’t get clever and try to pick some 1960s player u saw as a kid unless u think they can play the modern game as it is today.
4. You can f around and find out with positions. Like what I do with Burton below.

here is my team.
to represent my life.

1.Rod Silva
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Matt Burton
5. Josh Addo Foxx
6. Terry Lamb
7. Ben Kimmorley
8. James Graham
9.Ennis
10. Mark O meley
11. Willie Mason
12. Sonny Bill
13. James Graham
-
14. Ben Barba
15. Roy Asotasi
16. TPJ
17. Braith Anasta

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
You haven’t learnt have you, stop with the stupid “of all time”. You just look like a fool.

The Bulldogs experts and fans have already selected a Team of Champions and the Team of the Century. You are out of your depth, displaying your ignorance, leave it to those that actually know.

Always a Bulldog

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
thurston has to be in the team if mortimer is not

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You haven’t learnt have you, stop with the stupid “of all time”. You just look like a fool.

The Bulldogs experts and fans have already selected a Team of Champions and the Team of the Century. You are out of your depth, displaying your ignorance, leave it to those that actually know.

Always a Bulldog
Tell me which bit I supposedly got wrong then?
Or which one you disagree with and who you would put instead after reading the rules ?

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Here is a thought provoking one, for the off season and that is who is the best bulldogs team of all time you would choose to represent you if your life depended on it.

Here are the rules.
3. This side must be selected as they are/were to play the game today. So don’t get clever and try to pick some 1960s player u saw as a kid unless u think they can play the modern game as it is today.
4. You can f around and find out with positions. Like what I do with Burton below.

here is my team.
to represent my life.

1.Rod Silva
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Matt Burton
5. Josh Addo Foxx
6. Terry Lamb
7. Ben Kimmorley
8. James Graham
9.Ennis
10. Mark O meley
11. Willie Mason
12. Sonny Bill
13. James Graham
-
14. Ben Barba
15. Roy Asotasi
16. TPJ
17. Braith Anasta
Solid team, I’d partnerTerry Lamb with Greg Polla-Mounter though in the halves

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Solid team, I’d partnerTerry Lamb with Greg Polla-Mounter though in the halves
Fair enough but I think even through his whole career Kimmorley was a more accomplished player and better organised than Polly.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fair enough but I think even through his whole career Kimmorley was a more accomplished player and better organised than Polly.
Who would u have coach the side?? Important as the players I reckon

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would u have coach the side?? Important as the players I reckon
I’ll explore the answer in thre parts.
Of all the past dogs coaches who I had to plonk into this team, honestly it would be Hasler. All players love playing fro him. BUT, I would not let him oversee recruitment. We actually haven’t had many good coaches by modern game standards. Anderson wouldn’t suit. Folkes was lol, Moore was one dimensional and Pay and Barrett just didn’t have it. Anyone in the 80s and earlier would not be suited to the game now.
Of all the current coaches in the game I would like to see Fitzgibbon or Bellamy or Payten.

Of all coaches of all time from any era I would like to have Bennett in his heyday as he would suit the dogs of war style others did but never perfected.

Last edited:

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’ll explore the answer in thre parts.
Of all the past dogs coaches who I had to plonk into this team, honestly it would be Hasler. BUT, I would not let him oversee recruitment. We actually haven’t had many good coaches by modern game standards.
Of all the current coaches in the game I would like to see Fitzgibbon or Bellamy or Payten.

Of all coaches of all time from any era I would like to have Bennett in his heyday as he would suit the dogs of war style others did but never perfected.
Definitely agree. I think Payten is a gun, career coach I reckon

lovemachine

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Definitely agree. I think Payten is a gun, career coach I reckon
Peopel forget that the cowboys were dead favourites for the spoon this last season.
But he shook up JT, went hard to get Townsend which was shrewd and got the team during like he did with the warriors.
He seems able to coach both fobs and Aussies well which I’m not sure all coaches are good at.

DaBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here are the rules.

here is my team.
to represent my life.

1.Rod Silva
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Matt Burton
5. Josh Addo Foxx
6. Terry Lamb
7. Ben Kimmorley
8. James Graham
9.Ennis
10. Mark O meley
11. Willie Mason
12. Sonny Bill
13. James Graham
-
14. Ben Barba
15. Roy Asotasi
16. TPJ
17. Braith Anasta
I'm not criticising your team - as everyone is entitled to their opinions. Based on this site, you won't please everyone with who you picked. It looks ok, but if you were talking about at the peak of their powers. Then for me, Ben Barba has to start at number 1. Your number 7 - is not Ben - it's Brett Kimorley, but he surely wouldnt rate above Steve Mortimer. But this side is definitely a more modern side. If you looked over history at some of the legends in side - some of these players wouldn't get a mention. Burton is too young in his career to have him in the best team of all time. Guys like Andrew Farrar and Chris Mortimer were strong and fast, but the current players have a different style of play. Don't get me wrong, Burton is really good, but he surely isn't in the best team of all team yet as he hasn't won a premiership with the Dogs yet.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from Terry Lamb, a real 21st century team. Obviously the OP is very young and hasn't experienced the Dogs/Berries prior to 2000.