News The Whole West Tigers board dismissed

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
The Balmain Tigers are fucked whichever way you look at it.

Them letting Cleary walk back to Penrith when he still had 3 years left in his contract, then sacking Maguire when it clearly wasn't his fault for results on the field.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Another false start, they have sacked boards/board members previously, but it still doesn't address their major problem. The in fighting between the 2 power factions will carry on regardless, Wests have the money and the pathways, Balmain somehow has the power. Which is not going to get any better with Barry O'Farrell, the Tigers tragic, in charge.

In my view there is only one solution, disband the merger and give the NRL licence to the Wests Magpies, they have the resources to stand alone. Balmain could not survive on their own, they have little in the way of juniors and even less money.

Always a Bulldog

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Really good set of juniors coming through all ranks, signed Sezer to help guide Latu and Sullivan for a year or so whilst on the look out for an established 6 to come in after that period is over (Luai) , signed a solid assistant in John Morris to help with Benji, finally got rid of their board issues and are bringing in some quality replacements immediately. Just looks like a much more attractive joint than we do at the moment. True rugby league fans know that we were the worst team last year regardless if we avoided the spoon so I wouldn’t use the ‘they finished below us on the ladder’
Back to back spoons says otherwise. Plus, we have good juniors coming through our ranks, and they recently won some comps.

Last edited:

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not sure on that one, juniors and pathways aren’t as good and their NRL team ran dead-last… our board is solid.

The only thing I’ll give the Tigers is on paper, they’re not a bad outfit.
They have a decent forward pack, but the rest of the team has a lot to be desired.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck!! That a lot of BBQs to buy!! Suddenly it’s really nice to have a board Re elected unopposed.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Lol, it's like dismissing the kitchen scraps . . .big loss

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Flanagun @04 Dreaming @Nasheed
i watched the Shane Richardson press conference very impressive a few things I got out of it. He played the press beautifully. He knows his football. He said you need to be up front. He said the members need to be told information from our mouths before the journos print it up. He doesn’t like rebuilds. He knows the future is Liverpool, Campbelltown and Camden.

He shut the door on Tim Sheens. The NRL has passed several by not just Sheens.

Compare to another club where all the news is via a Sunday newspaper column or 9 news exclusive. Not direct.

The big issues at that club been management governance and former Balmain players. Richardson can cut through that.

Like us they have an unproven coach. Unlike us he’s an icon of their club.

They bluntly said no not chasing AFB. Direct from their own mouth. They will miss out on Luai that’s a given but only cause another club has come in with 5 years.

They still finish bottom 4 next year. They’re at least showing something. Be up front is the key. Some lap up the lies and games. A silent majority don’t.

SexBomb

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget Dib, he needs a job too lol
Isn't he running for our in Febu... oh yeah, no credible ticket was formed.

Tigpies love our rejects, so why not ship off our rejected executives and directors too?

Greenturd, Castle, Dib, Anderson x2, Noad, sure we can find more as well.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Tigers need to get more Lebanese on the board so they know how to fight shifty
I nominate
Farah
Dib
John Elias
Ben Elias
John Symonds

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tigers need to get more Lebanese on the board so they know how to fight shifty
I nominate
Farah
Dib
John Elias
Ben Elias
John Symonds
They will go down faster than a kuntrashian on a BBC

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He'll never live that down. What it did prove is that he was a rare, honest politician. Prepared to resign over a gift of a bottle of good wine, then look at the ones who are found to be corrupt, that refuse to go.
Yup, there is only a few short years between Fatty O'Barrell and Pork Barrellaro.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
@Flanagun @04 Dreaming @Nasheed
i watched the Shane Richardson press conference very impressive a few things I got out of it. He played the press beautifully. He knows his football. He said you need to be up front. He said the members need to be told information from our mouths before the journos print it up. He doesn’t like rebuilds. He knows the future is Liverpool, Campbelltown and Camden.

He shut the door on Tim Sheens. The NRL has passed several by not just Sheens.

Compare to another club where all the news is via a Sunday newspaper column or 9 news exclusive. Not direct.

The big issues at that club been management governance and former Balmain players. Richardson can cut through that.

Like us they have an unproven coach. Unlike us he’s an icon of their club.

They bluntly said no not chasing AFB. Direct from their own mouth. They will miss out on Luai that’s a given but only cause another club has come in with 5 years.

They still finish bottom 4 next year. They’re at least showing something. Be up front is the key. Some lap up the lies and games. A silent majority don’t.
What are you talking about? You're praising Richo for wanting to break news directly before the media yet Gus posts most news and updates on Twitter well before the media report it. You can't get much more direct than from Gus on Twitter.