News The Whole West Tigers board dismissed

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
They could rise as far as 16th this year!
I think Saints will be the new crisis club.

There is only so much an experienced coach can do and we saw that with Bennett at Dolphins. If the roster has weaknesses they will be exposed no matter who is the coach.

With that said, Saints look like they tick all the boxes for going into crisis in 2024.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Another false start, they have sacked boards/board members previously, but it still doesn't address their major problem. The in fighting between the 2 power factions will carry on regardless, Wests have the money and the pathways, Balmain somehow has the power. Which is not going to get any better with Barry O'Farrell, the Tigers tragic, in charge.

In my view there is only one solution, disband the merger and give the NRL licence to the Wests Magpies, they have the resources to stand alone. Balmain could not survive on their own, they have little in the way of juniors and even less money.

Always a Bulldog
100%

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Be honest - did you Google it or remember it?
But well played - and what a ridiculous address :tearsofjoy:.
Of course i googled. I am old enough to have watched the show when it was new, but my memory isnt that good lol. The show would not be aired today. Its would be too racist lol. Didnt think it was racist at the time though.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Of course i googled. I am old enough to have watched the show when it was new, but my memory isnt that good lol. The show would not be aired today. Its would be too racist lol. Didnt think it was racist at the time though.
I remembered the address, loved Ted as a kid.
You may or may not know that Ross Higgins was the voice of Louie The Fly for Mortein ads for many years too. I recorded some of those ads with him in the mid-90’s and that’s when he told me they were rebooting the show as ‘Bullpit’ which was set as Ted in a retirement home. I said the same thing to him you said: ‘No way you can do that these days, you can’t call someone a bloody wog on TV in the 90s’. Sure enough the reboot lasted a few episodes before being axed - not for being racist but for being tame and unfunny.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I remembered the address, loved Ted as a kid.
You may or may not know that Ross Higgins was the voice of Louie The Fly for Mortein ads for many years too. I recorded some of those ads with him in the mid-90’s and that’s when he told me they were rebooting the show as ‘Bullpit’ which was set as Ted in a retirement home. I said the same thing to him you said: ‘No way you can do that these days, you can’t call someone a bloody wog on TV in the 90s’. Sure enough the reboot lasted a few episodes before being axed - not for being racist but for being tame and unfunny.
Yeh and not just wogs, he slurred many races all the time, like aborigines and Chinese. Wogs isnt too bad, but some of the things he called ppl, not PC today. Funny show but. Shit my family even had a Kingswood at the time.

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Saints will be the new crisis club.

There is only so much an experienced coach can do and we saw that with Bennett at Dolphins. If the roster has weaknesses they will be exposed no matter who is the coach.

With that said, Saints look like they tick all the boxes for going into crisis in 2024.
They have an experienced coach. We have an inexperienced coach and a coach who's from another era especially with concussions. @Flanagun

04 Dreaming

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
@Flanagun @Nasheed @04 Dreaming @Berries @Marki @TheSexDogs here's the Richardson press conference.

What a class act. Clear vision and talks in nothing but facts and critical thought. None of the speaking in riddles bs and endless spin that we are fed from Gould.

Couple of key takeaways from this proven adminitrator:
- he never looks back on the past or uses the failures of individuals or collectives In the past as excuses. Gould has probably placed blame on previous admins at least 100x this yr alone to try and defend his own ongoing failures
- he doesnt believe in ‘rebuilds’. Hates the word. We are currently in the mist of a seemingly never ending ‘rebuild’ and we refer to it as such regularly

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They should remake where Ted drives a Tesla lol

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
What a class act. Clear vision and talks in nothing but facts and critical thought. None of the speaking in riddles bs and endless spin that we are fed from Gould.

Couple of key takeaways from this proven adminitrator:
- he never looks back on the past or uses the failures of individuals or collectives In the past as excuses. Gould has probably placed blame on previous admins at least 100x this yr alone to try and defend his own ongoing failures
- he doesnt believe in ‘rebuilds’. Hates the word. We are currently in the mist of a seemingly never ending ‘rebuild’ and we refer to it as such regularly
And then the rebuild all starts again because we cycle out players from the last rebuild and 80% of fans don’t see this.
The ‘build’ part never occurs, it’s always a ‘flush’ and it’s always like turning on the X box and starting again.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score

Storm erupts as Wests Tigers boss sacked following months of rumours
After a week of nothing but positive news, the Wests Tigers are suddenly back in the thick of turmoil once again.

The struggling NRL club on Tuesday reportedly made a call to part ways with recruitment boss Scott Fulton. The Daily Telegraph first reported new Tigers CEO Shane Richardson has told Fulton his services are no longer required. It follows months of rumours surrounding Fulton’s relationship with coach Benji Marshall.

Fulton was famously hired by the club last year to take over as its head of recruitment and retention — a move that was made without Marshall and former coach Tim Sheens being consulted. According to widespread reports there was tension between Marshall and Fulton right from the start. Fulton was reportedly behind the push for the club to chase Manly five-eighth Josh Schuster — a move that was not supported by Marshall. The 2005 NRL Grand Final hero took over from Sheens mid-way through the 2023 season and heads into 2024 having a full pre-season as senior coach for the first time.

Fulton’s departure follows the extraordinary carnage of having the club’s former board of directors wiped out in a move made by the joint-venture’s major shareholders in December.

Former chief executive Justin Pascoe also resigned.

Fulton broke his silence after being axed and delivered a subtle shot at the new management in charge of the club. “It’s disappointing because I had such high hopes for the Wests Tigers and the direction we were heading in with recruitment,” Fulton said to News Corp. “But I really enjoyed my time under the previous management and what we were able to achieve in a short period. “These things happen in rugby league and we’ll move on and look for the next opportunity. I wish the club all the best.”

Former chairman Lee Hagipantelis repeatedly denied rumours of a rift between Marshall and Fulton — but it has taken just weeks for Richardson and the new board to make a decision on Fulton’s future.

The Tigers had been celebrating a week of recruitment heists following confirmation Jarome Luai will join the club in 2025. That news was followed by reports the club will soon be able to announce it has also signed Storm centre Justin Olam. It is being reported that Olam only needs to pass a fitness test in the coming days and he’ll be a Tiger immediately, with the Storm willing to accommodate the PNG international’s move and release him from his contract three years early. Having fallen out of favour at the Storm, Olam has been linked with the Tigers for quite some time now.

Luai, meanwhile, said last week Marshall was one of the reason he is making the jump from the reigning premiers to the struggling Tigers. Luai’s five-year contract is reportedly worth around $6 million.

Always a Bulldog

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was always going to happen - Fulton was an appointment of the Werris and Pascoe.

But according to the #ClownCrew the Tigers are the gold standard model of club administration :tearsofjoy:.
It won't be a true west tiger shambles until he's hired to rebuild again in 5 years time. Thank fuck for the dragons and tigers hey

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bloody wog, get it right…:tearsofjoy:

Storm erupts as Wests Tigers boss sacked following months of rumours
After a week of nothing but positive news, the Wests Tigers are suddenly back in the thick of turmoil once again.

The struggling NRL club on Tuesday reportedly made a call to part ways with recruitment boss Scott Fulton. The Daily Telegraph first reported new Tigers CEO Shane Richardson has told Fulton his services are no longer required. It follows months of rumours surrounding Fulton’s relationship with coach Benji Marshall.

Fulton was famously hired by the club last year to take over as its head of recruitment and retention — a move that was made without Marshall and former coach Tim Sheens being consulted. According to widespread reports there was tension between Marshall and Fulton right from the start. Fulton was reportedly behind the push for the club to chase Manly five-eighth Josh Schuster — a move that was not supported by Marshall. The 2005 NRL Grand Final hero took over from Sheens mid-way through the 2023 season and heads into 2024 having a full pre-season as senior coach for the first time.

Fulton’s departure follows the extraordinary carnage of having the club’s former board of directors wiped out in a move made by the joint-venture’s major shareholders in December.

Former chief executive Justin Pascoe also resigned.

Fulton broke his silence after being axed and delivered a subtle shot at the new management in charge of the club. “It’s disappointing because I had such high hopes for the Wests Tigers and the direction we were heading in with recruitment,” Fulton said to News Corp. “But I really enjoyed my time under the previous management and what we were able to achieve in a short period. “These things happen in rugby league and we’ll move on and look for the next opportunity. I wish the club all the best.”

Former chairman Lee Hagipantelis repeatedly denied rumours of a rift between Marshall and Fulton — but it has taken just weeks for Richardson and the new board to make a decision on Fulton’s future.

The Tigers had been celebrating a week of recruitment heists following confirmation Jarome Luai will join the club in 2025. That news was followed by reports the club will soon be able to announce it has also signed Storm centre Justin Olam. It is being reported that Olam only needs to pass a fitness test in the coming days and he’ll be a Tiger immediately, with the Storm willing to accommodate the PNG international’s move and release him from his contract three years early. Having fallen out of favour at the Storm, Olam has been linked with the Tigers for quite some time now.

Luai, meanwhile, said last week Marshall was one of the reason he is making the jump from the reigning premiers to the struggling Tigers. Luai’s five-year contract is reportedly worth around $6 million.

Always a Bulldog
He was walkin the Green mile the minute he was appointed. Absolutely stupid call without consulting Sheens and Marshall regardless of wether they are up to it..

Magic Burton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Benji Marshall is obviously the boss at Wests Tigers. Same can't be said about Cameron Ciraldo at Canterbury.

Richardson and Marshall removing divisive people from the club.

Are we under estimating Benji?