The Utai slam

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Harrigan at his cheating best in this one. He stitched us up big time later in the season when we got him for 5 games in a row including the semis

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It is properly insane.. and you've got to give credit to St George for staying not only alive, but in the game... I don't think many of the modern day teams would survive that type of carnage.

Yeh Dylan really needs a partner in crime, can't do it all himself
St. George certainly wouldn't. Hahahaha

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
St. George certainly wouldn't. Hahahaha

yeah that's right lol can't believe such a proud club like them has been shit for so long.. we've been shit for a few years but we haven't had fairly stacked squads like they have

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
How good would it be to have Vagana and Utai in our current team!!

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"explosive power" that is exactly what we lack in our forwards. To negate the effects of wrestle you need either explosive power or consistent offloads with support play.

Best example of this now is the Broncos forward pack. Always running with intent to break the line, Fifita will run across field to find a gap in the defence he can target.
Sign fifita please. Just give him the league's club. Lol

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In what universe? Lewis is shithouse.
Thurston controls the game and Lewis is there for his defense. Thurston didn't need another dominate 6 when he was at his peak.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Thurston controls the game and Lewis is there for his defense. Thurston didn't need another dominate 6 when he was at his peak.
No, but he still needed a half capable of actually being a threat with the ball in hand. Morgan is a major upgrade on Lewis offensively, along with Granville and Coote offering decent support as well.

Anyway I'm sick of talking about Lewis and regret bringing him up.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was there.. it was GOLD.. the first game against the Rorter$ after they stole our 2002 premiership..

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Imagine Lewis doing what Morgan did in that 2015 GF. Morgan drew in 3 players and flick passed to Feldt to level the match. Lewis won't even run the ball.

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same here... not every day you see the reigning wooden spooners defeat the premiers!
I was there.. it was GOLD.. the first game against the Rorter$ after they stole our 2002 premiership..

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunate that Utai is mostly remembered for that massive falcon these days.
I will always remember him for his two tries in the 2004 grand final; and his break from our tryline when the Chooks kicked downfield, and looked to have us in trouble. It almost resulted in a length of the field try.

We all remember Haz's try because it put us in front; but it would have been meaningless without Utai's efforts. I doubt any of our current squad could have scored under the circumstances Utai scored.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Imagine Lewis doing what Morgan did in that 2015 GF. Morgan drew in 3 players and flick passed to Feldt to level the match. Lewis won't even run the ball.
Thurston was past his peak in 2015. Lockyer won a GF with Shane Perry at halfback and Lewis is way better than Perry.