MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Hey mate, I unusually missed the last 2 fights today, Had to do some stuff for the family. At least KKF has a sense of humour.

Looks like all 3 judges didn’t agree on much. Was it definitely a robbery? Just read some stuff on Instagram.
1 and 2 - felt KKF had the better on the feet, Amir went for some takedowns but they got stuffed. At worst - 1-1. Round 3 - KKF got taken down and Amir was real close with a RNC. KKF got up and went to town with GnP aka Volk and Ortega. Still I'd give 3 to Amir. Round 4 - read somewhere the strike count was 27-5 to KKF yet one judge gave it to Amir - no takedowns. Round 5 was all KKF.

Guarantee KKF was off to the pub after the fight unmarked and Amir to hospital. Real joke. And same culprits as it is every 2nd week - Lee and Sal.

Mullarkey was unlucky - he was towelling the Tajik then walked into a cross. KKF was anally raped.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1 and 2 - felt KKF had the better on the feet, Amir went for some takedowns but they got stuffed. At worst - 1-1. Round 3 - KKF got taken down and Amir was real close with a RNC. KKF got up and went to town with GnP aka Volk and Ortega. Still I'd give 3 to Amir. Round 4 - read somewhere the strike count was 27-5 to KKF yet one judge gave it to Amir - no takedowns. Round 5 was all KKF.

Guarantee KKF was off to the pub after the fight unmarked and Amir to hospital. Real joke. And same culprits as it is every 2nd week - Lee and Sal.

Mullarkey was unlucky - he was towelling the Tajik then walked into a cross. KKF was anally raped.
That’s not good. Especially because it was probably a title fight eliminator and now KKF is likely pushed down the order. Unless there is an immediate rematch which hardly happens outside title fights.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
That’s not good. Especially because it was probably a title fight eliminator and now KKF is likely pushed down the order. Unless there is an immediate rematch which hardly happens outside title fights.
Yep.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
@Doogie did you expect Charles to make it look that easy?
I actually missed this one but never really rated Dariush that much. Thats his first fight of anyone in the Top 5 and he likes to talk himself up.

Reckon if you add Volk into the top 5 - there are levels. And Dariush isn't at that level.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually missed this one but never really rated Dariush that much. Thats his first fight of anyone in the Top 5 and he likes to talk himself up.

Reckon if you add Volk into the top 5 - there are levels. And Dariush isn't at that level.
Dariush was favourite coming in. He was on a 8 fight winning streak. You can only really fight the guys in front of you and Porier and Gathje never wanted it. None of that really matters now. Charles was unreal. On the feet and on the ground.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lioness retired too. Good call nothing else to prove IMO.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Dariush was favourite coming in. He was on a 8 fight winning streak. You can only really fight the guys in front of you and Porier and Gathje never wanted it. None of that really matters now. Charles was unreal. On the feet and on the ground.
Poirier and Gaethe are looking up, not down. And Dariush never really destroyed anyone to earn that respect. Doubt if he ever won FOTN honours. Gamrot is his only top 10 fight I think. Charles dom'd everyone at that level for a few years and slipped against Islam. Shame - if I knew Charles was the underdog - I'd have taken some of that.

Does make the division interesting though. Assuming Volk gets through Yair (which is no given - gunna be a spanking fight), time line wise you'd have to think Charles and Islam run it back. And I reckon Charles team will gain a bit from that Volk fight.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Poirier and Gaethe are looking up, not down. And Dariush never really destroyed anyone to earn that respect. Doubt if he ever won FOTN honours. Gamrot is his only top 10 fight I think. Charles dom'd everyone at that level for a few years and slipped against Islam. Shame - if I knew Charles was the underdog - I'd have taken some of that.

Does make the division interesting though. Assuming Volk gets through Yair (which is no given - gunna be a spanking fight), time line wise you'd have to think Charles and Islam run it back. And I reckon Charles team will gain a bit from that Volk fight.
I am pretty sure Ferguson was still top 10 when they fought also maybe even close to top 5. I get it he wasn’t a popular choice but like I said he could only beat the guys in front of him and he did that on an 8 fight streak leading into this.

I think so Dana said he is excited to see Charles and Islam go again. Although Islam is apparently angling for a fresh face and wants the winner of Porrier and Gathje. Neither could grapple well enough to make it interesting IMO.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel like they could have stopped this Tsarukyan and Silva fight a bit earlier. He was getting annihilated with head strikes from mount.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Whittaker just embarrassed him. He might have some power but slow as. Jarod should carve him up.
Agree Rob showed Vettori there is a gap between him and the top.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Agree Rob showed Vettori there is a gap between him and the top.
Well that was a weird fight. Took a round for Jarod to work out southpaw isn't a good idea. And Vettori never worked out using his face to bust Jarods hands and elbows is probably not going to give u points.

Fck me, 90 sig strikes in the second. Give Vettori credit for being a punching bag for 4 and a half rounds.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Topuria is a problem. He just turned Emmetts face into meat paddy on the feet. @NPC83 - you watching?