MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I personally think it should of been a draw , both fighters had good moments but I don't think any one of them were more dominant then the other

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Nah I’m good. When was Islam in total control to get those judges score cards. Volk won 3-2 but it was a close result they leave it to the champ. Volk wins the rematch
TBF, when Islam got Volks back in the fourth, hard to win that round. And what was Volk doing when that happened? Talking and showboating to his bench.

Love Volk. If he stayed focussed he probably wins comfortably. Was ahead in the fourth when that happened.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not that I there ever thought there was but just incase …. The debate is over… the goat has returned

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
LOL he is fkn something else, now he'll go celebrate by doing some coke and assualting his wife like only he knows how.

Last edited:

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
LOL he has fkn something else, now he'll go celebrate by doing some coke and assualting his wife like only he knows how.
It’s crazy to see that the guy gets tanked and racks coke from strippers assholes and then raw dogs everyone like they are an amateur. He was already the goat now he’s even further in front of GSP and Andersen.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It’s crazy to see that the guy gets tanked and racks coke from strippers assholes and then raw dogs everyone like they are an amateur. He was already the goat now he’s even further in front of GSP and Andersen.
Best ever bro, there is no conversation. Best ever.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Best ever bro, there is no conversation. Best ever.
Not sure about no conversation - Jones and prime time Fedor would be worth a flight to go watch. Fedor had the hands to knock him out and his wrestling/sambo skills may have been good enough to avoid being subb'd.

Hypothetical of course but Fedor in his prime, like Jones, was truly scary.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure about no conversation - Jones and prime time Fedor would be worth a flight to go watch. Fedor had the hands to knock him out and his wrestling/sambo skills may have been good enough to avoid being subb'd.

Hypothetical of course but Fedor in his prime, like Jones, was truly scary.
No Fedor doesn’t have the resume the conversation was goat not prime vs prime. Big fan of a Fedor but Jones has done so much more.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
No Fedor doesn’t have the resume the conversation was goat not prime vs prime. Big fan of a Fedor but Jones has done so much more.
Keh? How do you assess fighters from different eras if you don't consider their body of work and their prime? Fedor was untouchable for 10 years. Jones has been untouchable for 10 years. Fedor had Nog, Jones had Cormier. Everyone else for both was ok ish.

Not saying Fedor is the GOAT because its a stupid argument, just like P4P. Just that if you are going to have that conversation, Fedor is in it.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Keh? How do you assess fighters from different eras if you don't consider their body of work and their prime? Fedor was untouchable for 10 years. Jones has been untouchable for 10 years. Fedor had Nog, Jones had Cormier. Everyone else for both was ok ish.

Not saying Fedor is the GOAT because its a stupid argument, just like P4P. Just that if you are going to have that conversation, Fedor is in it.
Agree you can’t compare eras but lucky we don’t have to as Jones has been on top through a couple eras. Fedor lost early in his career to guys like Kohasha who had multiple losses to his record. He also lost plenty of fights later in his career to guys like Dan Henderson who weren’t even heavyweights and lost multiple fights in the UFC in his own right. And please educate yourself Jones had a lot more than Cormier he smashed through multiple future hall of famers and was the youngest ever LHW champion in history. He beat guys Lyoto Machita, Gustafson , Rashid Evans, Vitor Belfort, Shogun Rua and the list goes on. Not to
Mention he destroyed Ryan Bader who owns a couple wins against Fedor. Now he’s a multi weight champion. Please. Don’t compare the two in the MMA goat conversation it’s ridiculous.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Agree you can’t compare eras but lucky we don’t have to as Jones has been on top through a couple eras. Fedor lost early in his career to guys like Kohasha who had multiple losses to his record. He also lost plenty of fights later in his career to guys like Dan Henderson who weren’t even heavyweights and lost multiple fights in the UFC in his own right. And please educate yourself Jones had a lot more than Cormier he smashed through multiple future hall of famers and was the youngest ever LHW champion in history. He beat guys Lyoto Machita, Gustafson , Rashid Evans, Vitor Belfort, Shogun Rua and the list goes on. Not to
Mention he destroyed Ryan Bader who owns a couple wins against Fedor. Now he’s a multi weight champion. Please. Don’t compare the two in the MMA goat conversation it’s ridiculous.
Lol - he lost to Kosaka on a doctors stoppage because an accidental elbow opened a cut he got against Arona in the fight before. The Henderson fight was considered the upset of the century and fair bit of controversy about that stoppage as well, whether he was unconscious or not. Henderson was over the hill when he went to the UFC so your point is moot. Bader ffs? Fedor was 43 years old at the time of the 1st fight let alone the 2nd.

Jones has never had to fight multiple fights tournament style - opens it way up to upsets. And if you want to compare - see how Jones goes fighting different guys on the same night or over a few nights.

I know who Jones has fought. I know who Fedor has fought. I would always have Jones in the Goat conversation. I would also have Fedor in that conversation. Fedor vs Cro Cop was one of the maddest fights I've ever seen.

Telling me to educate myself because after following MMA since the 90's I have a different opinion? Ok - sure.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol - he lost to Kosaka on a doctors stoppage because an accidental elbow opened a cut he got against Arona in the fight before. The Henderson fight was considered the upset of the century and fair bit of controversy about that stoppage as well, whether he was unconscious or not. Henderson was over the hill when he went to the UFC so your point is moot. Bader ffs? Fedor was 43 years old at the time of the 1st fight let alone the 2nd.

Jones has never had to fight multiple fights tournament style - opens it way up to upsets. And if you want to compare - see how Jones goes fighting different guys on the same night or over a few nights.

I know who Jones has fought. I know who Fedor has fought. I would always have Jones in the Goat conversation. I would also have Fedor in that conversation. Fedor vs Cro Cop was one of the maddest fights I've ever seen.

Telling me to educate myself because after following MMA since the 90's I have a different opinion? Ok - sure.
Let’s just roll back to before you made a comment. We were taking about Goat. The bro @2144superman agreed with me. You wanted to open up the conversation to say Fedor was in it. Sure you could also throw in GSP and Andersen. But reality is none have the resume of Jones. Not even Fedor.
Then you talk about eras… right Jones has been on top through multiple eras and longer then 10 years which was one of your comparisons.
You also mentioned Fedor had Nogi vs Jones and Cormier but Jones had so much more than then just the 2 div champ hall of famer DC, so based on such a simpleton comment how would I know how many years you have supposedly watched MMA?
Jones took 3 years off went up a weight class and made the arguably next best best guy look amateur. Love Fedor all you want I thought he was great too.. but please it’s ridiculous to apparently watch MMA as long as you have and come up with that… smh. By the way doctor stoppage from a cut is still a stoppage however yoh look at it. Fancy comparing Nogueira who done fuck all in the ufc a company Fedor never fought in to DC … how long you been watching again? :tearsofjoy:

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Let’s just roll back to before you made a comment. We were taking about Goat. The bro @2144superman agreed with me. You wanted to open up the conversation to say Fedor was in it. Sure you could also throw in GSP and Andersen. But reality is none have the resume of Jones. Not even Fedor.
Then you talk about eras… right Jones has been on top through multiple eras and longer then 10 years which was one of your comparisons.
You also mentioned Fedor had Nogi vs Jones and Cormier but Jones had so much more than then just the 2 div champ hall of famer DC, so based on such a simpleton comment how would I know how many years you have supposedly watched MMA?
Jones took 3 years off went up a weight class and made the arguably next best best guy look amateur. Love Fedor all you want I thought he was great too.. but please it’s ridiculous to apparently watch MMA as long as you have and come up with that… smh. By the way doctor stoppage from a cut is still a stoppage however yoh look at it. Fancy comparing Nogueira who done fuck all in the ufc a company Fedor never fought in to DC … how long you been watching again? :tearsofjoy:
Yeah. And having multiple fights in the same night vs getting a 6 month layoff - sure fully comparable.

Pride in the naughties at HW was stronger. And they were well rounded mainly due to the more open rules. UFC - lol - like Randy was the UFC title holder then.

Machida etc were all specific types of fighters - either good with the hands or good on the ground. Just because it was a competitive group doesn't mean they were all spectacular. Jones is one of the best ever with a well rounded game. He deserves to be thought of as one of the greatest fighters ever.

But you talking GOAT? Its a conversation not an award ffs. You're entitled to your opinion, so am I. Some of the greatest fighters I've ever seen who's skills transcend generations, I'd have both of them in there.

See - not hard to disagree without being a dick.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah. And having multiple fights in the same night vs getting a 6 month layoff - sure fully comparable.

Pride in the naughties at HW was stronger. And they were well rounded mainly due to the more open rules. UFC - lol - like Randy was the UFC title holder then.

Machida etc were all specific types of fighters - either good with the hands or good on the ground. Just because it was a competitive group doesn't mean they were all spectacular. Jones is one of the best ever with a well rounded game. He deserves to be thought of as one of the greatest fighters ever.

But you talking GOAT? Its a conversation not an award ffs. You're entitled to your opinion, so am I. Some of the greatest fighters I've ever seen who's skills transcend generations, I'd have both of them in there.

See - not hard to disagree without being a dick.
Ok mate Jones ran through the absolute best of the best and is still doing it so many years later in now a different weight class. He has walked away from high level competition unscathed time and time again so It’s clear to me who the goat is and I’ll just accept that some people may not see it the same way. And apologies if you thought I was being a dick that’s not my intention.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
We’re all right. No one’s wrong and that’s the beauty of it :kissingheart:
That’s absolutely true bro. And it’s always going to be subjective because different people have different criteria. I think personally I just looked at today as the chance for Jones to stand out amongst some others in the conversation. Maybe he doesn’t in some peoples minds.