MMA/UFC The UFC/MMA thread

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely GSPs resume comes into contention for GOAT talks. I would have Jones at number 1 because I've never seen a more talented fighter that can cruise in 2nd gear and beat the best competition.
Just a quick look at some of GSP wins, *note I didn't compile this list but found it a while ago and it's hard to ignore.

Hasnt fought a non top 5 fighter since 2005 , No other fighter has more victories against top 10 and top 5 competition (19) and no other fighter has more victories agaisnt UFC Champions (9)
Matt Hughes(UFC WW Champion) 2x
BJ Penn(UFC LW & WW Champion) 2x
Johny Hendricks(UFC WW Champion)
Jake Shields (15 fight winning streak & StrikeForce MW Champion , Elite XC WW Champion , Rumble of the Rock WW Tournament winner in a tournament in which Silva , Condit , Okami , Trigg were competing , #2 WW in the world at the time)
Jon Fitch (16 fight winning streak , 8 in the UFC. #2 WW in the world when GSP fought him)
Michael Bisping (UFC MW Champion)
Carlos Condit (Interim UFC WW Champion)
Sean Sherk(UFC LW Champion , Top 5 WW when GSP fought him)
Thiago Alves (7 fight winning streak , ranked by several media outlets as the #2 WW in the world when he fought GSP)
Josh Koscheck 2x (Top 5 WW , Some media rankedh im the second time around as the #2 WW)
Nick Diaz (former StrikeForce WW Champion , Top 5 WW)
Dan Hardy (Ranked universally as a top 10 fighter and by numerous media outlets as a top 5 fighter)
Matt Serra (UFC WW Champion)
Karo Parisyan(Universally ranked as top 10 at the time)
Frank Trigg (Ranked as top 5 WW by a large amount of media outlets when Georges fought him)

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Is Trump seriously sitting next to Joe Rogan at the commentary table? Cannot watch as I'm at a family thing today but checked some highlights on Fox.

Fck me.

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Wow what a fight by Adesanya! Bring that title back to NZ.... oh wait Jacinda doesn't appreciate it

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Trump seriously sitting next to Joe Rogan at the commentary table? Cannot watch as I'm at a family thing today but checked some highlights on Fox.

Fck me.
He was next to Dana from what I saw.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
He was next to Dana from what I saw.
Think they're the same person. Never see the 2 of them in the same place :grinning:

Did Izzy just get lucky with the shot or was he on top?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Think they're the same person. Never see the 2 of them in the same place :grinning:

Did Izzy just get lucky with the shot or was he on top?
Tbh bro I hardly ever say lucky shot cause they all train their ass off but in my opinion Periera was doing it comfortably and then when it looked like he had Izzy a little hurt he rushed things and got clipped. He had the range worked out pretty well before that chopping Izzy up with leg kicks. Maybe a touch too confident and didn’t respect Izzy’s power.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Tbh bro I hardly ever say lucky shot cause they all train their ass off but in my opinion Periera was doing it comfortably and then when it looked like he had Izzy a little hurt he rushed things and got clipped. He had the range worked out pretty well before that chopping Izzy up with leg kicks. Maybe a touch too confident and didn’t respect Izzy’s power.
Thanks bro - lucky shot vs lucky with the shot aren't quite the same to me. Lucky with the shot is basically as you say, a shot that comes out when you're down a bit.

Think Rob is gunna get screwed with this. He's not gunna get a shot at either now I'm guessing. Shame - thought he went real close to taking Izzy last time and has enough to trouble hawkeye. 3's a crowd I guess.....

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Thanks bro - lucky shot vs lucky with the shot aren't quite the same to me. Lucky with the shot is basically as you say, a shot that comes out when you're down a bit.

Think Rob is gunna get screwed with this. He's not gunna get a shot at either now I'm guessing. Shame - thought he went real close to taking Izzy last time and has enough to trouble hawkeye. 3's a crowd I guess.....
Yeah the post fight presser was interesting. As far as Izzy is concerned he thinks the rivalry is over and wants to move on. Don’t know if Periera will hang around trying to get another shot or go to LHW.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Way to go Izzy.
4 fights, could easily be 3-1 to Izzy.
glad he got him.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Way to go Izzy.
4 fights, could easily be 3-1 to Izzy.
glad he got him.
Well just saw the highlights of the fight. The way Izzy carried on after knocking him out is a-grade disrespect. Now maybe its ok if when Izzy went lights out Perieria carried on but he didn't. Pretty fckd up imv - you see that shit from fighters that have no respect.

The bow and arrow stuff was bad - the pretend unconscious? @NPC83 - when Pereira sees that - reckon he's gunna stick around for the trilogy. Nothing like that shit for some serious motivation.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well just saw the highlights of the fight. The way Izzy carried on after knocking him out is a-grade disrespect. Now maybe its ok if when Izzy went lights out Perieria carried on but he didn't. Pretty fckd up imv - you see that shit from fighters that have no respect.

The bow and arrow stuff was bad - the pretend unconscious? @NPC83 - when Pereira sees that - reckon he's gunna stick around for the trilogy. Nothing like that shit for some serious motivation.
I wasn’t a fan of it either bro considering Poatan was pretty complimentary of Izzy too in interviews and even thanked him after the last fight for the opportunity. That’s always been Izzy though … great fighter but great carry on as well

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I wasn’t a fan of it either bro considering Poatan was pretty complimentary of Izzy too in interviews and even thanked him after the last fight for the opportunity. That’s always been Izzy though … great fighter but great carry on as well
Well apparently the unconscious thing was for old mates kid. In their KB fight in Brazil when Izzy was slept, the kid came into the ring and lied down next to Izzy. Supposedly some form of payback on a 14 year old kid that was in tears.

Hmmm. Don't think Rob is good enough to sleep him but cannot say I'd be disappointed if he did.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Well apparently the unconscious thing was for old mates kid. In their KB fight in Brazil when Izzy was slept, the kid came into the ring and lied down next to Izzy. Supposedly some form of payback on a 14 year old kid that was in tears.

Hmmm. Don't think Rob is good enough to sleep him but cannot say I'd be disappointed if he did.
I love how Rob carry’s himself but agree. Think he needs to capitalise on his take downs otherwise a bridge too far for him. I’d like to see Chimeav move up to middleweight permanently.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
I love how Rob carry’s himself but agree. Think he needs to capitalise on his take downs otherwise a bridge too far for him. I’d like to see Chimeav move up to middleweight permanently.
That ain't happening. Robs not good enough on the ground and Izzy is too good to be taken down. Any fight between them is another 5 round chess match on the feet. Best Rob can hope 4 is to tie Izzy up when he's going and hope you have enough good moments to get the biscuit. Much as I dislike Izzy - he's a very tough nut to crack.

I hear the Chimaev hype but Burns showed he can be hurt on the feet. Burns is nowhere near as technical and layered as Izzy or Rob. If he cannot get and keep Izzy or Rob on the ground, they are going to mess him up on the feet. And both are too experienced to walk into the early Chimaev blitz.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
That ain't happening. Robs not good enough on the ground and Izzy is too good to be taken down. Any fight between them is another 5 round chess match on the feet. Best Rob can hope 4 is to tie Izzy up when he's going and hope you have enough good moments to get the biscuit. Much as I dislike Izzy - he's a very tough nut to crack.

I hear the Chimaev hype but Burns showed he can be hurt on the feet. Burns is nowhere near as technical and layered as Izzy or Rob. If he cannot get and keep Izzy or Rob on the ground, they are going to mess him up on the feet. And both are too experienced to walk into the early Chimaev blitz.
Rob secured 4 take downs last time they fought I think he needs some top pressure and push a bit harder on the Jiu Jitsu and wrestling to wear Izzy out. You saw against Jacre and Romero his level on the ground.

I wouldn’t dismiss Chimeav that easily he was cutting weight within an inch of life to make welter.. no doubt it was compromising his performance. I guess we’ll find out soon enough what the UFCs plans are.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Rob secured 4 take downs last time they fought I think he needs some top pressure and push a bit harder on the Jiu Jitsu and wrestling to wear Izzy out. You saw against Jacre and Romero his level on the ground.

I wouldn’t dismiss Chimeav that easily he was cutting weight within an inch of life to make welter.. no doubt it was compromising his performance. I guess we’ll find out soon enough what the UFCs plans are.
Agree but just don't see how he does it. Jacre he just got up (when that was supposedly not possible) and Romero he only got into some G&P once if I remember. Might have got Izzy down 4 times but apart from wearing him down a bit - did nothing. Agree thats the way to get at Izzy - just not sure he has the tools to do it.

Fair play on Chimaev but beggars the question, the absolute top tier of middleweight is striker heavy whereas welterweight has more wrestlers. Why make the effort unless you feel its better for your style. As u say though - we'll see what the UFC are up to.

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree but just don't see how he does it. Jacre he just got up (when that was supposedly not possible) and Romero he only got into some G&P once if I remember. Might have got Izzy down 4 times but apart from wearing him down a bit - did nothing. Agree thats the way to get at Izzy - just not sure he has the tools to do it.

Fair play on Chimaev but beggars the question, the absolute top tier of middleweight is striker heavy whereas welterweight has more wrestlers. Why make the effort unless you feel its better for your style. As u say though - we'll see what the UFC are up to.
I think he’s got the tools mate it’s his
belief for me. Think he didn’t try hard enough to keep Izzy down maybe that’s credit to Izzy but think Rob needs to back himself a bit he’s a black belt under Alex Prates in bjj and made the Aussie commonwealth games wrestling team so if he gets another chance he needs to believe in himself.

If Izzy and Pereira don’t go again then I don’t know who Izzy fights. Rob or Chimeav for me. Izzy absolutely slices anyone else up in middleweight I feel.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Holloway Allen. Nice fight. Allen might have lost but reckon he does everyone else in the division except Volk and Max. Think also if he runs that again he's got enough to take Max. Great effort for a 1st time 5 rounder.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Pavlovich. Blades clipped him a few times and he didn't even blink.

But that guys hands are truly fckng scary.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Another quality robbery tonight. KKF walks out without a mark, only really got taken down twice, outstrikes unofficially 2 to 1 and loses a split decision.

One judge gave the 4th to the other guy. All KKF did in that round was win strikes 27-5 and made the only takedown. Madness.